• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Colorado gun laws upheld by court, suit tossed.

Just reported on KDVR.com, the suit to overturn the oppressive , Bloomberg-backed and financed, gun laws has been tossed. Not a surprise but disheartening just the same.

Couldn't the citizens of CO vote on a new law to change it back to the way it was, vs. just trying to kill that one?

Surely there's a way (?)

Maybe. This suit wasn't brought by the citizens, but by the outraged sheriffs and some affected businesses.

- - - Updated - - -

CO is a lost cause.
the moonbats took over.
it will only get worse.
You're right..

Colorado recalls...score three for three.
Democrats hold a one vote majority in the Senate.
Victor Head is running for office.
Lost cause? We will know in November.
ggboy

Garys, it would be good to see this taken to the next level, I'm not sure if the funds are there. We'll have to wait for some news from the Independence Institute to see what's next.

Last edited:
CO is a lost cause.
the moonbats took over.
it will only get worse.

CO is a lost cause.
MA is a lost cause.
CA is a lost cause.
NJ is a lost cause.
NY is a lost cause.
CT is a lost cause.

See the pattern yet? People need to stop thinking this way and fight regardless.

The entire U.S. will eventually be a "lost cause" if we don't.

This country is already a lost cause, the amount of apathy is astounding. Everyone is content with welfare and a government that says it will take care of you while you veg out and stare blankly at the TV for hours after you get home from your minimum wage job.
/rant
CO is a lost cause.
MA is a lost cause.
CA is a lost cause.
NJ is a lost cause.
NY is a lost cause.
CT is a lost cause.

See the pattern yet? People need to stop thinking this way and fight regardless.

CO is a lost cause.
MA is a lost cause.
CA is a lost cause.
NJ is a lost cause.
NY is a lost cause.
CT is a lost cause.

My three kids know exactly what things are all about and two of the three are staunchly conservative and understand guns are only as dangerous as the person that has it (one is an RN and she's as tough as they come). The third is a bit on the fence but remains objective. These are the only people that really would listen to what I had to say and I'd like to think I got the right message across. Others? Well, that's something they themselves need to work through...I can't try and save the planet!

Just reported on KDVR.com, the suit to overturn the oppressive , Bloomberg-backed and financed, gun laws has been tossed. Not a surprise but disheartening just the same.

And further evidence as to why I cringe when I hear/read someone (in this forum, often) say, "Well, screw that...we'll just challenge that BS in the court(s)" etc etc, and why I always urge everyone to fight-fight-fight to nip ANY anti-2A legislation/proposal etc in the bud....
And NEVER give up anything to these Anti bast*rds in the way of "concessions", as it's a BILLION TIMES easier to retain something, to NOT give anything away, than it is to "get it back".

Also, and just as importantly, the average Mass. gun owner and the average 2nd Amendment-supporting citizen reading this forum is supposed to "trust" that a court will "do the right thing"?? Whether it be Federal and/or State court, consider this: there is - and always was - in this land, a "class warfare" in effect. There has always been a case of the "haves" versus the "have nots"..(although, in the opinion of this writer, MUCH worse since the Reagan 80s when the yuppies watched their trust funds and grandmas Weston/Wellesley house they'd inherited literally EXPLODE in value appreciation, waking up and realizing "DAMN! We're wealthy!! Let's also sell those damned eyesore Dorchester/Southie 3-deckers we bought for cheap money and just live off the interest in a Fidelity account" etc).

Does the average gun-owning citizen in this forum want to entrust that the "honorable" Dukakis appointed (for life!) jurist will "do the right, common sense thing" by/for the hard working, average homeowner/parent etc?

Entrust that Judge ______ from the mean streets of lovely Dover (or Scituate/Wellesley/Manchester-by-the-Sea etc etc) should be entrusted to "do right by the people" and, ultimately, decide how Mr. or Mrs. _____ from (Woburn/Southie/Braintree/Worcester etc etc) should be "allowed" to protect themselves or their families from the scourge of violent scumbag thugs littering our once beautiful and peaceful land? Thugs who, in Massachusetts anyways, have been released back into society by these very same jurists?? (and even though they already WERE "allowed" to under the 2A, but whatever).

Don't forget, prior to Newtown and the Colorado Theater, Colorado was actually one of the states where some (not many, but definitely SOME) disillusioned Massachusetts gun owners moved to in the wake of Dukakis, Bartley-Fox, the 1998 "midnight massacre on our rights" gun control act, etc. Suddenly, if you listen to some pundits, you'd think it's become Massachusetts with beautiful mountains? Hardly. But citizens out there did elect the wrong representatives and then realized the gravity of their mistake..

Again, this is yet another reason why I urge ANYONE thinking that a judge, or group of judges, will/would overturn the ruling of another jurist, or the acts of a legislature, to please consider NOT RISKING letting an issue get so far gone as to have to seek remedy in a court of law.

Cuz I've yet to ever see Judge ______ from (wherever) stop at Sullivan's Pub in Southie or the Ashmont Grille in Dorchester (etc) for a "couple of pops with the guys" after work, then walk at midnite back to his car parked over near the projects...

The one judge I do remember being someone like that was Robert Barton, cuz I heard him on Howie Carr and the old Jerry Williams shows a couple of times over the years and you knew he, um, "got it" when it came to the crap walking the streets and MBTA etc (if memory serves, I'm thinking he grew up in either Chelsea or Everett).

But to entrust some "Daddy's friend Governor Ed King helped me get my spot on the bench" wingnut, liberal, "Newbury Street for Breakfast" judge to do "right" by the average guy or gal reading this forum??

No way. I'll FIGHT to my death to KEEP what I already have.

Last edited:
This country is already a lost cause, the amount of apathy is astounding. Everyone is content with welfare and a government that says it will take care of you while you veg out and stare blankly at the TV for hours after you get home from your minimum wage job.

Yo, Darth... DUDE!
Like, um...dude...what's your problem, dude??

c480x270_39.jpg

This case drives me nuts. It's a nightmare from the plaintiff side. We need these hero wannabe lawyers to stop using our rights to make their bones.

And this is not the sheriffs case. This is NSSFs case.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the decision.

https://localtvkdvr.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/cooke-order.pdf

dont give up there is a storm abrewin. how many people were quoting chapter and verse from the constitution ten years ago. for every whining mom there is a constitutionslist awakening and many are buying arms.

This country is going to be divided in half, there will be free America and moonbat pussy America.

David Kopel and Sheriff Cooke say this morning they'll appeal and take it to the Supreme Court if necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

This country is going to be divided in half, there will be free America and moonbat pussy America.
That's what's happening, the Balkanization of America.

There is no such thing as a "lost cause". Nothing is indefinite; eventually even MA will wake up and smell the bs that their policies have left all around them. It won't happen any time soon though.

I don't see CO's future being anywhere near as bleak as MA's. It's a large state and only the few cities in the middle are left-leaning and even then, only now. CO has a tendency to swing from left to right and currently the pendulum has swung pretty far to the left so it's bound to come back. The new laws out there have also seen a far more significant public outcry than anything we've seen in MA. CO will come around. It's CA, MA, NY, CT, and MD that we need to worry about.

There is no such thing as a "lost cause". Nothing is indefinite; eventually even MA will wake up and smell the bs that their policies have left all around them. It won't happen any time soon though.

I don't see CO's future being anywhere near as bleak as MA's. It's a large state and only the few cities in the middle are left-leaning and even then, only now. CO has a tendency to swing from left to right and currently the pendulum has swung pretty far to the left so it's bound to come back. The new laws out there have also seen a far more significant public outcry than anything we've seen in MA. CO will come around. It's CA, MA, NY, CT, and MD that we need to worry about.
Probably not as bleak as some others, but still bleak. Illegals are still pouring in, and they will vote for those who fill their rice bowls. Yes, they're voting.. Californians, and their ilk, are moving there and want Colorado to be like home. Yes, it is a large state, but the bulk of the population is on the Front Range.

David Kopel and Sheriff Cooke say this morning they'll appeal and take it to the Supreme Court if necessary.

So this is his case? WTF. This is what you get from a law professor. He absolutely fails on standing AND he puts up a lead expert witness on self-defense who says cops don't need hi-cap guns and over shoot because they rely on the capacity as a crutch. WTF!!!!! [crying][jihad]

It is disappointing that the CO recall activists did not start another recall for the D who was appointed after the third recall target resigned specifically for the purpose of denying the public the ability to elect her replacement. The problem in CO cannot be fixed until a bit more trash is taken to the curb.

/rant

"Everyone" huh?

Sounds like you're part of the problem.

Back
Top Bottom