New Citizen and Their 2A rights

So this may be an entirely stupid question so bear with me on this, whenever I’ve had questions somebody on here has been able to help me out.

Anyway, a friend of my wife’s husband has now officially become a US citizen (very glad personally that he went through with it and did everything the right way) and now that this is going to be happening he would like to exercise his second amendment rights like an American citizen should.

Is he going to have any kind of trouble with this?

as always, thanks in advance.

As long as he can fill out the application after he takes his gun training class.

He should be all set with just his drivers license for ID.

Not sure if a Passport will help.

No trouble.

There are no second-class citizens in the USA. He can't run for president or VP, but other than that he is good to go, just needs to honestly answer the questions on the 4473.

As long as he can fill out the application after he takes his gun training class.
He should be all set with just his drivers license for ID. Not sure if a Passport will help.
Class? Application?

My wife is a naturalized US citizen. She was able to obtain her LTC within a year of the ceremony without any troubles.

My wife is a naturalized US citizen. She was able to obtain her LTC within a year of the ceremony without any troubles.
Did your wife need anything else besides a MA drivers license when she brought in her application to the police?

I was born in Guatemala. Adopted at age five. The process to get my LTC was just simply filling out the form as any us born individual.
The application for my UTAH permit was a little different. I had to send a copy of my naturalization papers and had to enter my naturalization number on the fingerprint card. Good to go!!

There are no second-class citizens in the USA. He can't run for president or VP, but other than that he is good to go, just needs to honestly answer the questions on the 4473.
There is one difference between citizenship by birth and naturalized. The later can be revoked if fraud during the application process is discovered; the other can never be involuntarily taken away. So in that respect, the naturalized citizen does not have the same set of rights as a natural born one.

Did your wife need anything else besides a MA drivers license when she brought in her application to the police?

Unfortunately I don't recall. Probably just have the naturalization document/info along with other typical forms of identification. Clean background. I'll ask her later if she can remember...

The right to keep and bear arms is not a citizen right but a god given one.

A lot of NESers say this, but don't mean it.

Which is why this topic almost always becomes a shitshow.

There is one difference between citizenship by birth and naturalized. The later can be revoked if fraud during the application process is discovered; the other can never be involuntarily taken away. So in that respect, the naturalized citizen does not have the same set of rights as a natural born one.
Even birthright citizenship be revoked, in the rare case that fraud in the circumstances is discovered.

Brownsville Herald said:
Since 1993, 10 midwives have been indicted in connection with fake birth documents in Cameron County. Of these, eight were convicted... Federal investigators have been using the fake birth certificates to try to identify children who are still young and living in Matamoros. This way they can correct their citizenship status before they establish residency in the United States.

Where did the OP indicate the new citizen lives in MA?
If he was anywhere but Massachusetts, the new citizen would be good to go.

Most states you just need to fill out a 4473 and be done with it.

In Massachusetts, he needs a LTC which requires more work.

NES is mostly NE so I figured he must be in NE.

You are right though.

He might be in Alaska. :oops:

Unfortunately I don't recall. Probably just have the naturalization document/info along with other typical forms of identification. Clean background. I'll ask her later if she can remember...
At minimum, a naturalized applicant will need the naturalization number. Some departments may require the actual document. Safest to put it in a briefcase handcuffed to your wrist - you can buy a nice handgun for what the feds charge to issue replacement naturalization papers.

So this may be an entirely stupid question so bear with me on this, whenever I’ve had questions somebody on here has been able to help me out.

Anyway, a friend of my wife’s husband has now officially become a US citizen (very glad personally that he went through with it and did everything the right way) and now that this is going to be happening he would like to exercise his second amendment rights like an American citizen should.

as always, thanks in advance.
If he/she is applying for an LTC in Mass, they will need a copy of their naturalization certificate in addition to alien number and naturalization date.

Back
Top Bottom