New Carry Gun

25th_pull

NES Member
So I was in First Defense last night looking at different carry guns in 9mm. Does anyone have the PPS and how do you like it? I like the size but is the trigger all "Mass'ed" up? They also have a M&P 9c and a G26 so there are options. Thank you for your input!

The MA trigger on the PPS is terrible but it can be repaired by any competent smith, or you can do it yourself if you have the patience.

-Mike

Sig 239 in 9! First Def. is a SIG dealer so they usually have them in stock. Nice trigger out of the box (DA/SA).

I recently bought a PPS from a member here and replaced the disconnector, using instruction found on NES, for about $11.00. I really like it and I think I may sell my CS9 now because I'm sure the PPS will be my only summer carry.

So I was in First Defense last night looking at different carry guns in 9mm. Does anyone have the PPS and how do you like it? I like the size but is the trigger all "Mass'ed" up? They also have a M&P 9c and a G26 so there are options. Thank you for your input!

I hear they have an awesome IMI Jericho there!

But if you want to use my M&P9c a bit more let me know, it might possibly be going to get a trigger job at the end of this month.

Last edited:
I had the M&P 9c and loved it, even with the trigger pull, but wanted it in .40 so I actually sold my 9 and purchased an M&P .40c for the same price (it was used), and it just happened to have a trigger job done on it by the prior owner- needless to say, I am VERY happy with my new gun and can't find anything bad to say about it. It's a compact, CC friendly gun which holds 10+1 .40 caliber rounds, is accurate and sharp looking. I can't speak to the other guns as I have not shot any of them.

I carry the PPS and shoot it every week on the range. The heavy disconnector has been replaced and the trigger is very acceptable. This gun shoots any ammo I have tried.

Did they have any Ruger SR9's there? They are supposed to be real nice and offer another choice for you.

Go with the glock you wont have to replace or modify anything. just point and shoot. Also dont forget the various magazine capacity's you can have with a glock.

and what happened to that pocket cannon you where carrying?

Last edited:
I have a PPS (bought from Dennis). I have not had the trigger done yet. Love everything about the gun but w/o the trigger mod, it is really a beast.

My scale only goes up to 10... It was well beyond that..
When I shoot it. I go through the trigger pull (as on everything else) the trigger stops, and does not go bang, like you had a ftf. At that point, I realize that I really have to PULL the trigger.
I just don't have the hand strength to go more than 2 mags.

WHAT WHAT WHAT!!!???!?!?!?!

Despite what some think, S&W did MA residents a huge favor by putting the miserable trigger on the MA M&Ps. Some have suggested that S&W shafted the MA residents by putting a band-aid trigger that has very inconsistent and excessively heavy pulls on the MA guns. I say nonsense.

S&W put another series of quality guns on the MA market. That's the important thing. With all the money that gun manufacturers get raped out of by MA with all the testing BS, S&W found a quick cheap way to get the M&P MA approved. They did it by putting a cheap crap quick fix trigger on it. S&W, I'm sure knew that anyone in MA that really wanted an M&P would spend $60 more and get a trigger job. Even if S&W put a consistent 10lb trigger on them, 99% of the buyers would still go right out and shave it down to 5-5.5 at least.

Any way you slice it, the 10+lb MA trigger is gonna need work so who cares if it's 10lbs or 30? Either way or anywhere in between, Gregg Derr will fix it right for you.

Despite what some think, S&W did MA residents a huge favor by putting the miserable trigger on the MA M&Ps. Some have suggested that S&W shafted the MA residents by putting a band-aid trigger that has very inconsistent and excessively heavy pulls on the MA guns. I say nonsense.

S&W put another series of quality guns on the MA market. That's the important thing. With all the money that gun manufacturers get raped out of by MA with all the testing BS, S&W found a quick cheap way to get the M&P MA approved. They did it by putting a cheap crap quick fix trigger on it. S&W, I'm sure knew that anyone in MA that really wanted an M&P would spend $60 more and get a trigger job. Even if S&W put a consistent 10lb trigger on them, 99% of the buyers would still go right out and shave it down to 5-5.5 at least.

Any way you slice it, the 10+lb MA trigger is gonna need work so who cares if it's 10lbs or 30? Either way or anywhere in between, Gregg Derr will fix it right for you.

Good way to think of it and you are 100% correct. My PPS cost about $11.00 to fix, who cares what the original trigger pull was. If S&W didn't go this route we'd have to pay top doller for the few guns that trickled into MA. Wouldn't it be nice if Glock and the rest of the forbidden did this.

Yup... even the M+P free state trigger is still marginal anyways, so you'd be getting it worked over one way or another.

-Mike

Glock tried to do it and got slapped for it. If they stopped trying I can't say that I blame them.

-Mike

I'm not saying I blame Glock or any others for not trying. But if, they can be MA compliant by changing an under $20.00 part, wouldn't that be great! I also understand some manufacturers not wanting to add a "ma**h***" and waste 3 guns.

I'm not saying I blame Glock or any others for not trying. But if, they can be MA compliant by changing an under $20.00 part, wouldn't that be great! I also understand some manufacturers not wanting to add a "ma**h***" and waste 3 guns.

i think where they sell guns throughout the whole world, spending money to change production for one state in the US might not make sense. just my opinion [cheers]

The PPS is a nice gun. I've changed the disconector on it, took about 15 minutes as long as you have the right tools. Costs about $12 shipped. Totally changes the trigger.
I have a M&P40C, shoots pretty good, seems to be getting better everytime. Going to work on the sear and internals per Burwells instructions soon and see how it goes.
Haven't shot any of the others.

i think where they sell guns throughout the whole world, spending money to change production for one state in the US might not make sense. just my opinion [cheers]

Funny, but it seems Kahr thought differently. I wonder why the difference?

Funny, but it seems Kahr thought differently. I wonder why the difference?

There are a lot of parameters that go into a decision like that. The engineering of the specific gun will dictate how much it costs to modify as will the manufacturing processes of the particular company.

I can't speak to what went into Kahr's decision process but it might also have something to do with the fact that they're located in MA and don't sell any guns here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom