• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Carry gun

It’s been a while since I have been on here. Currently have a Glock 17 and a Mark IV, love both! In the market for a carry gun.

originally I wanted a sheild 2.0 45, love the gun but ammo is a hard pill to swallow.

I do have myself on a wait list for one but who knows how long it will take, recently chatted with the LGS and told them if they come across a sheild 2.0 9mm give me a call.

while poking around online found a xds 3.3 9mm for sale for retail (brand new)

my question is, do I wait for the 45/9 sheild?

buy the xds and if I don’t like it sell it?

also have heard the hk 30sk is good

open to any and all opinions on the matter thanks!

should add I’m in the “great state” of MA, yes I know there are work arounds ect but want something I can buy easily at a LGS

Last edited:
In before "buy a Garand."

OP, your taste in guns is not mine, but I will say that I always know right away if a gun's going to be a keeper. If you already know the Shield's going to be to your liking, I'd wait. .45 or SD 9mm, either/or.

But on top of that, @Mtn_Guy is right. Two (or three) ain't enough.

open to any and all opinions on the matter thanks!
if so, look at sig p365 that is the undisputed EDC choice #1 for the last couple of years, i would think. 10 rounds, discreet and extremely convenient to carry.
also, for the G17 gen5 -

if so, look at sig p365 that is the undisputed EDC choice #1 for the last couple of years, i would think. 10 rounds, discreet and extremely convenient to carry.
+1 to P365. I also have a P229 Legion SAO Compact and the Shield 2.0 45 as carry guns.

The 229 shoots like a dream but it’s on the bigger end.

The Shield 2.0 45 is great but do yourself a favor and get the Talon grips

The P365 is the perfect every day concealed carry gun IMO. You’ll love it.

also, for the G17 gen5 -
Tried many carry guns over the years. Never been happier than with my 365.

The Walther PPS in 9mm shoots real nice for me. Nice and slim, the non-MA trigger is really nice. Grip index is very far forward and high on walther pistols, works well for me.

also, for the G17 gen5 -
My buddy has one so I’m going to give it a go

I carry a Shield .45 regularly. I also have a 9MM Shield with a new trigger job that’s not so much for carry as a range piece. Also been looking at a Shield .380 just to have the three sisters.
Is this due to not wanting to carry it or you don’t like it for carry?

It’s been a while since I have been on here. Currently have a Glock 17 and a Mark IV, love both! In the market for a carry gun.

originally I wanted a sheild 2.0 45, love the gun but ammo is a hard pill to swallow.

Why is the ammo a “hard pill to swallow”? Price?

If you like the gun and shoot it well then carry it.

faulty logic. how can you possibly know if you like it or not before you buy?
you do buy `em all, then you sort them out. :)

There are several of ranges that rent handguns so you can try a wide variety of handguns for pretty short money before you spend on a handgun if you want to.

That said you can’t have too many guns. Working together only we can keep driving the background checks to new all time highs. 👍

Bob

Back
Top Bottom