New Car Feedback

Wtf are you talking about? I bought it used. I've never purchased a new vehicle in my life and I never will.
I you want to take out a loan for something you can't afford that's guaranteed to lose about 20% of its value almost immediately go right ahead. I prefer to buy used, pay cash, avoid debt, and let someone else eat the depreciation.
Ah , you found the original sales slip in the glove box of the used truck you bought... Any way you did good. Good for you also for having enough cash to buy it out right. Not many can do that.

Test drove a couple of Highlanders - very nice, but there doesn't seem to be a model (or so the sales guy told me) that allow for the passenger seat to be adjusted up or down for height - I am tall and my head was jammed up against the roof, so that is a big no-go.

For those that own Highlanders, is that indeed the case?

Test drove a couple of Highlanders - very nice, but there doesn't seem to be a model (or so the sales guy told me) that allow for the passenger seat to be adjusted up or down for height - I am tall and my head was jammed up against the roof, so that is a big no-go.

I see lots of Toyota dont even have power passenger seat .
?

Like many said. If you dont need off road or towing. Buy a minivan. Much cheaper. Buy used. Save money

Everyone thinks they need a third row SUV nowadays. Even people at work who have no kids. Its retarded the waste of having one person sitting in a 7 person vehicle driving to work everyday

Right now id not buy a palisade or telluride as they are new to market.
I wouldnt want a VW if you gave it to me as I fix my own cars and you have to get new tools for half of their shit.

I only buy used cars and pay cash. I buy nissan and hyundai as they are generally undervalued and have been very good cars for me

As some have said the used market for trucks is retarded. Ive seen plenty of instances where you can buy a new truck with incentives, for the price of a used one with maybe a few more bells and whistles.

From what I saw in my research process, yes. Subaru has power passenger seats 😁

I see lots of Toyota dont even have power passenger seat .
?
Lots of cars period don't have a power passenger seat. You typically have to go lux brands or lux trim level to get that.

The reason being is the vendor knows the person buying the car probably will never sit there and never notice it doesn't have it.

It is a bit f***ed though when you buy like a Dodge Challenger Hellcat... and the passenger seat is still manually operated..... for 60 grand... [rofl]

-Mike

Most of the dealers don't follow the manual in the glove box nor what VW suggests. They follow their money making internal only book. That is why most VWs have issues.

Witness marks, painters tape, and pictures are your friends.
No one should ever maintain it by the "dealership" recommendation. Maintain it by the book, the engineers wrote that book.

That being said, if you do go with the dealership recommendations, there is no reason to have more issues vs the book. The dealership just makes you do more crap that is not needed, not less (I have never seen a dealership recommend less, usually more at lower intervals). So, if you are having a lot of issues, the car is a POS.

It is a bit f***ed though when you buy like a Dodge Challenger Hellcat... and the passenger seat is still manually operated..... for 60 grand... [rofl]

-Mike

If you know where I can pick up another new Hellcat for only 60 grand, please post it in the Deals and Steals thread!

;)

Frank

Best selling mid size CUV/SUV’s in Q3 2019:

Toyota Highlander
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Subaru Outback
Chevrolet Traverse
Ford Edge
Honda Pilot
Ford Explorer
Hyundai Santa Fe
Kia Sorrento
Nisssn Mursno
VW Atlas
GMC Acadia
Chevrolet Blazer
Subaru Ascent
Kia Trlluride
Buick Enclave
Dodge Dyrango
Buick Enclave
Mazda CX9
Ford Flex
DO NOT buy a Kia Hyundai 2.4L anything! Look up P1326 engine recall

Like many said. If you dont need off road or towing. Buy a minivan. Much cheaper. Buy used. Save money

Everyone thinks they need a third row SUV nowadays. Even people at work who have no kids. Its retarded the waste of having one person sitting in a 7 person vehicle driving to work everyday
Why is it a waste? Granted I generally use the third row on very limited occasions but I do enjoy the extra overall space. Heck I barely use the second row for passengers.

Or when Porsche charges EXTRA for deleting options people in lower trims pay extra for lol the "X delete" option.....what a scam.

Won't lie, I have a point to where I don't want any more luxury features. No, I don't want roll up windows, but I could do without things like power seats. Just one less thing to fail.....but don't call it the "seat weight delete" option or some shit on some $80K car and think you're fooling me.

I've had heated seats die within 2 weeks of warrantee expiration on 2 different vehicles. I swear they put a timer on those features. Cheapest way out was to buy a junk yard seat from a short mileage total, if you can find the right color.

I've had heated seats die within 2 weeks of warrantee expiration on 2 different vehicles. I swear they put a timer on those features. Cheapest way out was to buy a junk yard seat from a short mileage total, if you can find the right color.
If you think the manufactures dont know when this shit is likely to fail your fooling yourself. They know what issues they are going to face pre and post production. Someone crunches the numbers and says its cheaper to deal with the problems as they come up after they sell the cars/trucks

Look back to the exploding pinto, FORD knew of the dangers and found it to be cheaper to cut checks for wrongful death suites .

they play the odds even today.

Heated seats are problematic, although not as bad as they used to be

DO NOT buy a Kia Hyundai 2.4L anything! Look up P1326 engine recall
At least they have a recall and recognize the problem , GM for would just giggle and price out a new engine for you.
Im not a huge Hyundai fan over all but they have come around in the past 10 years. Many customers with them and yet to hear any Warranty complaints or dealer issues.
Theres no bigger POS than GM cars rolling through the shop .
GM Trucks are hit or miss and seem very dependent on yrs built.
Example 2008s seem to be holding ip better on the rot than 2010
2014s are falling apapart and we made good money this year on those and 2016s are coming in out of warranty now .

its all good buy what you like.

I agree. I respect ANYONE who is debt free in a paid off house, its truly a huge accomplishment....but I also feel people can overrate striving to being debt free over using debt to build assets that will, in the future, provide a revenue stream that could make for a very comfortable retirement.

For instance, buying in early on a good real estate deal with money you don't have is much better than waiting to save up that money in cash where, in the future, that same real estate deal could cost 25% more. How many people bitch about seeing the MA real estate bubble coming yet never bought in to some of these MA suburbs when they could have easily financed several down payments? The fear of debt can also hurt you.

I don't know much but the wealthiest people I've encountered all bought in to as many good real estate deals as they could over the years. Tough to do that when you're saving up to pay for your house, car, etc. all in cash.

No1 ever discusses risk when they talk about using interest rates and “smart”debt to their advantage. Most people who go out and get 0% interest rates on car loans aren’t taking the “savings” and investing or saving it. They are turning around and spending the money on something else.

Like m1911 mentioned, if he loses his job tomorrow he has no payments. I am in the same boat. My wife and I make a decent living and I drive a paid for ‘17 Tacoma and we are in the process now of saving up to replace her ‘03 Camry. No credit cards, paid off her student loans last year.

As for the discussion around cars... get a Toyota they are reliable and easy/cheap to maintain.

Back
Top Bottom