• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Canaan, CT Police to stop issuing pistol permits

Linky-link.

The New Canaan Police have suspended issuing temporary state pistol permits until the state makes it easier to find out if an applicant has a history of mental illness. A flaw in the application process compromises public safety, Chief Leon Krolikowski said on Thursday, Jan. 8.

“We are gravely concerned about the gun violence that has occurred in our state as the direct result of individuals that are mentally ill possessing firearms,” Krolikowski said. “As such, until the local authority is provided access to the VATS database, the New Canaan Police Department will suspend issuing temporary state permits; this is a very real public safety issue.”

BFYTW.

Yeah chief because those nuts who shoot people go to daddy .gov to get a license first. What an asshat.

“We are gravely concerned about the gun violence that has occurred in our state as the direct result of individuals that are mentally ill possessing firearms,”.....

individualS or AN individual (Adam Lanza) who stole his guns from his presumably NOT mentally ill mother.

Someone needs to go apply, get denied, and promptly pull out their cell phone and request a meeting with an attorney.

WTF is a "temporary license"? What's with a 60-day license?

That's how it works in Connecticut: you get a locally issued permit first, then with it in hand, apply for the state permit. In smaller towns, the First Selectman signs off on these.

New Canaan is a very, very wealthy town. It's hard to find a house there that costs less than $1M. I'm suprised the cheif feels it's necessary and I'm suprised his wealthy subjects put up with it.

Krolikowski said he learned that his police department can check on the applicant’s mental health history through the state police department — something that apparently many local chiefs did not know. So, he said, he feels he helped bring this issue to the forefront and helped other police departments learn about what’s available to him.

Idiots.

I could be completely wrong, of course, but it would not surprise me to learn that he was trying to pull a fast one (perhaps under guidance of certain political "leadership") and was promptly told, if you do this, expect to go to court and expect to lose.

I could be completely wrong, of course, but it would not surprise me to learn that he was trying to pull a fast one (perhaps under guidance of certain political "leadership") and was promptly told, if you do this, expect to go to court and expect to lose.
Wouldn't suprise me. That is an enormously wealthy town with lots of rich lawyers living there. They aren't used to being pushed around and have the money to push back.

I would say the course correction might have had more to do with a tidal wave of shit he saw bearing down on him than anything else.

Isn't CT “ The Constitution State” so apparently that is just a slogan,

Dean
More true than you know. The license plates say Constitution State, but hystorically it's The Nutmeg State. In 1958 they voted to make it the Constitution State, but for about 2 centuries before that it was the Nutmeg State. It gets better. Nutmeg comes from the East Indies, not CT. Much of the nutmeg sold by the yankee peddlers were counterfit wooden nutmegs.

More true than you know. The license plates say Constitution State, but hystorically it's The Nutmeg State. In 1958 they voted to make it the Constitution State, but for about 2 centuries before that it was the Nutmeg State. It gets better. Nutmeg comes from the East Indies, not CT. Much of the nutmeg sold by the yankee peddlers were counterfit wooden nutmegs.

IIRC, CT became the "nutmeg state" by way of enacting the first consumer protection laws, forbidding the passing off of balls of wood as nutmeg.

"Constitution State" derives from the "Connecticut Compromise."

It wouldn't surprise me if Town Counsel had a conversation with the chief. I'm sure it was a very polite conversation that, in lawyer speak, went something along the lines of "WTF do you think you are doing you moron?"

Yup, voting will cure it. When will you folks get it right, just kill the ****ers!

- - - Updated - - -

Muzzies do it, must be the way to go, latest fashion statement.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, try the vote again in 16.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't kill em yet.

Back
Top Bottom