• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New camera...

I got myself a new camera today. It was a great deal and I have been passively looking for a few weeks now. It's got features that my old camera didn't. However, I know nothing about photography.

I was messing with the "f" setting. As far as I can tell it narrows (or widens) the distance that appears in-focus. I cranked down the "f" setting, turned on super-macro and took this picture.

Extra points go to who can name the gun!!

Anyone have any suggestions for a photography newbie?!? Let's here 'em! Post pics of examples if you want, it'll be appreciated.

NearBarrel.jpg

nice pic,
F-stop number is the apeture setting of the lens. how wide it opens,

the smaller the # the larger the shutter opens, the more light is let in. If also affects depth of field, the smaller the f-stop the smaller the depth of field.

My tips for taking pics is to not use the flash and use a tripod

1911sc.jpg

I'm always surprised at how HORRIBLE the pictures are on gun manufacturer's sites, they should really do lots of pics from all sides in high res [thinking]
I see better pictures on this forum and others every day!
macro mode is fun [smile]

Type0 gets the prize. (however, I realized my 910 is in every post I make)!

Thanks for the advice. I have a mini-tripod that I can and will use.

Supermoto what kind of surface is your gun sitting on?? It's fantastic. (also, NICE GUN).

Supermoto what kind of surface is your gun sitting on?? It's fantastic. (also, NICE GUN).

The surface is a foam target backing that self seals. It was spray painted black. It has a nice texture to it. The pic was taken outside with natural light usinga basic digital camera. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom