• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New C&R Toy

JonJ

NES Member
FedEx delivered my newest C&R acquisition, an Egyptian Hakim Rifle. Made in 1956 and shoots cheapo 8mm. Looks like it'll be a fun shooter.
hakim.jpg

Just make sure to clean it really well and several times after shooting that el-cheapo ammo. Watch which stuff you get, I've gotten some that has a high dud rate. Still worth what I paid for it, though.

Yup, up on the cleaning when using the corrosive stuff. I'm getting 1K rds of some Yugo stuff which is corrosive too. I found some 8mm locally but it's Turk and I'm not touching that stuff.
In the process of cleaning up the stock right now. Still haven't decided if I'll just use a TOF or shellac over it.

I've got some Turkish, and it's fine to shoot through a K98 or VZ-24, though I'd probably balk at shooting it through a semi-auto. IIRC, it left a lot of residue in my VZ-24. Century has it cheap.

I'd have no problem with a bolt gun either but it's wat to hot for the semi. And Century won't sell here anyway.
The place that had it local wanted 9.95 for 70rds on strippers in bandos.
I'm almost thinking of taking a bunch of orders from people and driving down to Ammoman in NJ and pick up a ton of stuff.

JonJ said:
I'm almost thinking of taking a bunch of orders from people and driving down to Ammoman in NJ and pick up a ton of stuff.

I'm in! I would probably go along for the ride too!! I own a truck so we could load that baby with a bunch of stuff! :D

Adam

Adam_MA said:
I'm in! I would probably go along for the ride too!! I own a truck so we could load that baby with a bunch of stuff! :D

Adam

I was gonna drive down in my car but if you have a truck.....Maybe we can get some others together who want some and do a day trip this fall.

JonJ said:
Adam_MA said:

Adam

I was gonna drive down in my car but if you have a truck.....Maybe we can get some others together who want some and do a day trip this fall.

I don't have a truck, but I do have a station wagon... and I make the drive to NJ every 2-3 months to visit my mother and visit my best friend (and my old Model 19). I'd certainly be willing to take a passenger or make a run to pick up stuff.

Ross

dwarven1 said:
I don't have a truck, but I do have a station wagon... and I make the drive to NJ every 2-3 months to visit my mother and visit my best friend (and my old Model 19). I'd certainly be willing to take a passenger or make a run to pick up stuff.

Ross

Sweet.. I'm sure a good number of folks here would be willing to place an order!

Adam

dwarven1 said:

Ross
Ross, you know we're gonna load that wagon up!
It seems the surplus stuff he lets go out of the door cheap. I could use more .308 and prob some more 8mm.
You're gonna have to let us know when you're headed down.

JonJ said:
dwarven1 said:

Ross
It seems the surplus stuff he lets go out of the door cheap. I could use more .308 and prob some more 8mm.

Now... silly question: if I go down and buy stuff for you, do I need to check your LTC or FID if I give you the ammo here in MA? Or do I look before so it's not considered a "straw man" purchase? (I started out joking, but it occurs to me I better find out the answers to those questions BEFORE I do this... especially in a state with Herr O'Reilly as AG.)

Ross

dwarven1 said:
JonJ said:
dwarven1 said:

Ross

Now... silly question: if I go down and buy stuff for you, do I need to check your LTC or FID if I give you the ammo here in MA? Or do I look before so it's not considered a "straw man" purchase? (I started out joking, but it occurs to me I better find out the answers to those questions BEFORE I do this... especially in a state with Herr O'Reilly as AG.)

Ross

One would suggest that when one of the orderee's comes to pick it up that they show you their license before you collect the $'s and hand out the ammo. Not that we don't trust y'all on the forum, but safe is safe.
:D

Lynne is correct, I will always ask to see the LTC upon selling/giving/transferring "controlled items" to someone in MA.

The term "straw purchase" (as I understand it) is strictly a BATFE term regarding gun purchases. You never have to swear (even in MA) that ammo bought by you is only to be used by you.

DO CHECK with Ammoman however if he can even sell you anything over the counter in NJ. I wouldn't take bets on it. . .at least not without checking first. He has to contend with NJ law, and then he has to contend with the terms of his "consent decree" (extortion) that he signed with Herr Reilly.

LenS said:
Lynne is correct, I will always ask to see the LTC upon selling/giving/transferring "controlled items" to someone in MA.

The term "straw purchase" (as I understand it) is strictly a BATFE term regarding gun purchases. You never have to swear (even in MA) that ammo bought by you is only to be used by you.

DO CHECK with Ammoman however if he can even sell you anything over the counter in NJ. I wouldn't take bets on it. . .at least not without checking first. He has to contend with NJ law, and then he has to contend with the terms of his "consent decree" (extortion) that he signed with Herr Reilly.

Good points Len. I've been searching the NJ laws for info on their requirements. Ammoman does state on his web page "SORRY NO SALES TO MASSACHUSETTS RESIDENTS", not known if that's for over the counter sales as well. I should give him a call.
It's not impossible though, all we need is an NJ resident and Reilly can shove it.

JonJ said:
It's not impossible though, all we need is an NJ resident and Reilly can shove it.

The thought of bringing my 78 year old mother down to buy all this stuff really has me smirking... but I suspect that my 18 year old nephew would find it more fun to drive from northern NJ almost down to Philly... looks like Ammoman is located in south Jersey.

Ross

I hear ya Ross!
All I can see about ammo purchase requirements in NJ is to be an adult with an ID.
I suppose that a fake ID for NJ could be bought in NYC on the way down [twisted]

JonJ said:
I hear ya Ross!
All I can see about ammo purchase requirements in NJ is to be an adult with an ID.
I suppose that a fake ID for NJ could be bought in NYC on the way down [twisted]

Not only "No", but "HELL, No!"

I try to avoid NYC with a car at all costs. I will be going there in October to see Spamalot, but that will be a train trip... with a stop at Kaufman's Surplus on 42nd St. Haven't been there in years.

Back
Top Bottom