New Build

I not sure if this is the right place, so if the Mods feel it should be moved that is fine with me. I finally finished my latest build. I have had this 17 of about 6 years. I have been tinkering with it since the day I purchased it. Had the barrel re-crowned and bolt face worked on by Randy from CT. Amazing job, and a great guy to work with. I did the trigger job and started the work on the stock. Had a guy in Florida, redo the stock and I just finished painting last week. It needs to be compounded down and painted again. But I really wanted to get some photos in the day light
Wanted some feedback on the stock, should I paint flames on it, in a lighter metal flake blue or should I paint some stripe around the cheek and butt? Or should I just leave it be

DSC04101.jpg

DSC04106.jpg

Very sharp.. I don't know what to say on the stock - do whatever you think will make you happy. If it was me I would repaint her black :)

where did you find the stock? i have been looking for aftermarket parts for one of these to see if i want to take on the project. im not that into the semis

Normally I'd go for a camo pattern on the stock but if you want a custom finish thats different, you can't beat a tri-coat red or white, and then theres always House of Kolor Kameleon. http://www.tcpglobal.com/hokpaint/hokkameleon.aspx?gclid=CJiG_Mey_50CFdA65QodwkZ8qA

Its very expensive for HOK but the finish you'll wind up with is an amazing color changing effect depending on what direction you look at the stock from. As for tri-coat finishes, just about any body shop or custom paint shop could do the job for probably about $200 to $300 depending on color. Tri coat is a base of color followed up by a transparent layer of pearl color and then clearcoat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom