• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Brownells Foldable ARs - Awesome SBR Possibilities?

FancyGunz

NES Member
I have been getting a lot of emails from Brownells about "new" products (first time I have heard of them, anyway). The set below looks very interesting - foldable piston ARs in .223 Wylde and .300 BLK, in 16" and 10.5" barrels. Seems like they compress the buffer & springs into the upper receiver and therefore the gun can be fired with the stock folded. The barrel is on a hinge so the front end can be folded as well.

I'm guessing these aren't "MA legal" with folding stocks, but this opens up possibilities for an ultra-short pinned stock on an SBR since you don't need space for a buffer tube. A foldable 10.5" barrel in 300BLK would be pretty cool - like a significantly improved, "big boy" version of the Kel-Tek Sub-2000.

LINK

Brown.JPG

Not exactly the same, but I liked the Daewoo K2's. Shootable when folded also...

iu

I have a FoldAR along with the Deadfoot Arms folding stock right now for a magazine article. Very sturdy mechanism, locks up very tight.

I have a folding AR in 300 BO (blackout, not body odor) with a LAW tactical mechanics and a 8.5" barrel. I can get my entire car setup (Ar pistol, G26 on a belt and 6x20 round mags) in a 16"x5" pouch. Fits right under the seat. I'd be interested in a folder in 556 that folds to the right, with the 16" barrel.

Oh that korean junk, i wish I was smart enough to buy more of those korean and chinese junk guns

Lol. I had one and loved it. I traded it for a Glock 23, and was happy because I thought that I could replace it anytime I wanted... until 1994 happened.
Still have the G23, wish I had the K2...

Back
Top Bottom