• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New BLING BLING STI 1911

Here is my latest toy. It's all blinged out!!! I wasn't in the market for another limited gun but when I stumbled across this one I couldn't resist. It's a doublestack STI 2011 with a hardchromed finish. The finish was then mirror polished. The slide has been lightened and the top of the slide has special scalloped cuts in it. It has an SV flat trigger insert, a Dawson Ice magwell and a ton more. It's a .40 S&W. It has Stippled STI grips and the trigger guard has been undercut and then the grips were finished in the custom blue.

Enjoy,
Pete

Bling001.jpg

Bling002.jpg

Bling003.jpg

Bling004.jpg

Bling005.jpg

I don't know if John Moses Browning is rolling over in his grave, but he might be twitching a little.

I would be afraid to shoot something like that! The paint might come off! [wink]

That's usually limited to the section of the trigger guard which is locked by your minimalist "race" holster. Think of it as a battle scar. [wink]

That's usually limited to the section of the trigger guard which is locked by your minimalist "race" holster. Think of it as a battle scar. [wink]

Hehe, battle scars are fine, but not on something I drop that much cashola on. Still, it's a nice piece.

Looks like I'll need to get the chrome slide for my Jennings if I want to compete in the "Pimp My Gun" Olympics...

[laugh]

Seriously, that is a SWEEEET lookin' shootin' iron. Very nice!

That is one nice STI - I must admit I am not a fan of the grip but to each their own.
The rest of it is mint.

Woooooooow... Psychedelic Man

Seriously Pete- I like that pistol, although I am not a "flashy colors" guy as you know. E-mail the details.

Ya have to give me a little bit of a chance to catch up to you.

Ahhh forget it - I just have to come to terms that its never gonna happen. At least I'll be "pimpin" a little bit next season and actually have a back up pistola!

Know anyone selling a Rescomp WSM or Ribas holster? The old Ernie Hill models that I use and like so much don't fit full dust cover guns.

Matt why not just get a Ghost holster?

I checked those out but wasn't really impressed. I know a lot of guys like them but I like the WSMII and he Ribas better. I know Zeke loves his WSM and Dan and Betsy really like their Ribas. I suppose I should ask if I can try it on my belt and see how he draws come out. Should be pretty easy with Zeke but I don't think I'll seen Dan or Betsy till next season. Unless I make it to Harvard for a Wed. night practice one of these days. Hmmmm

I take it you like the Ghost? That is what Bob @ Brazos recommended to me as well. Perhaps I can try yours at the next steel match if you have one?

I really wish I could find an Ernie Hill that will fit a full dust cover. I know they are "old fashioned" but I have had really good luck with them over the years. I also find them to be just as fast as any other holster I have tried. Plus- I do not have to worry about my pistol falling out like on some of the fancy locking lever ones. I think I saw 4 pistols fall out of holsters on seperate occasions last season.

Last edited:
Matt,

I love my Ghost holster. I can use it for all my guns and it secures the gun really tight. You can even keep it locked while you draw the gun if you prefer. This would hold the gun tighter. It's a really quick holster and I would recommend it to anyone. If you want to give it a try you're more than welcome. I should be at the next MRA match and I go to Harvard every Wed. night now.

Pete

Admittedly, I'm not a 1911-type pistol kind of guy (I know I know, BLASPHEMY!), but that thing (minus the grip) is bad-ass! What would something like that set one back? (Were they able to acquire one already done up as such)

Thanks, and good shooting!

Back
Top Bottom