• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Bino recommendations

Want to get new set of Binos

light and compact and preferably around the 100$ mark. 8x or 10x

mostly for watching fields and such

I have a pair of Vortex Diamondback 8x32 binos and they are pretty good glass for the money. If you keep your eyes open you can get them around your price range.I also have a Vortex monocular In 8x36.

At the end of the day the Monocular is what goes out with me. It is 1/2 the weight and I can see what I want to see with it.

I don't spend a lot of time on field edges though so IDK if it would suit your hunting style.

Bob

Vortex is pretty good. I think I got several pair of Talons from BPS about 3 years ago on some crazy sale. (Now discontinued.) I bought one pair. Then I bought another. Then I bought 2 more - one for me and one for a gift. (New bino's for home, new for work and I think a pair for my wife's car.)

I've also got some Alpens 8-10 years ago. It was some stupid sale. They were practically a brandy-new company when I got them. For whatever reason, they put amazing glass in their low-end 8x42's. Still have the pair at the lake. Very clear. Very good. I wanna say back then there was a rating in F&S that I saw. Acted fast and scored them for under $200 or so. They were $600 binos.

But if forced, I'd probably consider the price-range of Vortex brand. They seem to be decent and a value.

check out optics planet, lots of people with discount codes for them on the youtube as well. Leupold makes some in that price range that are decent, vortex, nikon, etc. Narrow them down by the features you want and price range, then pick a proven brand. With glass, it's usually a case of you get what you pay for.

Have vortex Diamondbacks in 8x32, optical quality is decent as is the build, but I have some eye relief issues with mine and get near constant shadowing either in one eye or the other no matter what adjustments I make.

Leupold fan here.

hqdefault.jpg

Check Samplelist.com - It's SWFA optics site for selling returns, demos, trade-ins and the like. You never know what they'll have any given day, but there can be some pretty good deals.

Another vote for the Vortex Diamondbacks... although I have the 10X model.
OP had them on sale For Black Friday for $120 couple years ago.
their awesome

Another vote for the Vortex Diamondbacks... although I have the 10X model.
OP had them on sale For Black Friday for $120 couple years ago.
their awesome

That's way less than the Leopold Gold ring will cost you... Cost me I should say. I think I remember paying like 4 bills and that was some years ago.
I like them and they perform well. But they weren't cheap. Light gathering in low light is particularly good.

Back
Top Bottom