• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

new bills in Mass

mikeyp

NES Member
Someone posted this on FB

View: https://www.facebook.com/groups/973253299459282/permalink/1928485077269428/

BREAKING: The following bills have been filed for this legislative season. Contact your representatives and senators now.

HD834, An Act requiring live fire practice for a firearms license
This legislation would require that at least 5 hours of live discharge of firearms, rifles, and shotguns at a licensed gun club – including the discharge of at least 50 rounds of ammunition – be part of the required curriculum for anyone applying for a firearms identification card or a license to carry firearms.

HD835, An Act increasing penalties for the illegal sale and possession of firearms
This legislation would increase the penalties for the illegal sale and possession of firearms in Section 10 of Chapter 269, and Section 129 of Chapter 140.

HD836, An Act relative to universal background checks for private gun sales
This legislation would close a loophole in state law that currently allows for private firearms sales to be completed without a federal background check on prospective buyers. It would require a National Instant Criminal Background System (NICS) check by a licensed gun dealer prior to any private sale or transfer of a firearm. Dealers would be able to charge a fee of $25 per transactions for these services.
This legislation is modeled after laws in 8 other states and Washington, D.C., and would ensure that private sales are subject to the same background check requirements as sales conducted at licensed gun shops.

HD837, An Act to require liability insurance for gun ownership
This legislation would require liability insurance for the ownership of a firearm, rifle, or shotgun.

HD839, An Act establishing an institute within the Department of Public Health
This legislation would establish the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Firearm Violence Institute within the Department of Public Health (DPH). An institute of this nature would fill the void left by the federal government’s 1996 ban on the use of federal funds to study gun violence, which has obstructed research efforts across the nation.

HD916, An Act to close the large capacity magazine loophole
Under current Massachusetts law, the sale, offering for sale, transfer, or possession of a large capacity feeding device is prohibited, unless such a device was lawfully possessed on or before September 13, 1994. This law, however, is not enforceable, as there is no way to distinguish between a pre-1994 large capacity feeding device and a post-1994 large capacity feeding device.
This legislation would require anyone in the possession of a large capacity feeding device to register such device with the Executive Office of Public Safety and Security (EOPSS).

HD3041, An Act relative to 3D printed weapons and “ghost guns”
This legislation would prohibit the manufacturing of 3-D printed guns without a Federal Firearms License (FFL). It would also require that all 3-D printed weapons have unique serial numbers so that they may be properly traced and recorded.

HD3143, An Act to prevent illegal trafficking and gun violence among youth in the Commonwealth
Microstamping provides an avenue for law enforcement to pursue those who commit gun crimes by connecting a criminal with evidence found at the scene of a crime involving a gun. This legislation would require all guns sold to be designed or equipped with the ability to microstamp ammunition. This legislation also addresses gun trafficking, by stating that no licensed firearms dealer may sell more than 15 firearms during any 1 year period to any individual, not including firearms bequeathed to an individual through a trust.

HD916, An Act to close the large capacity magazine loophole
Under current Massachusetts law, the sale, offering for sale, transfer, or possession of a large capacity feeding device is prohibited, unless such a device was lawfully possessed on or before September 13, 1994. This law, however, is not enforceable, as there is no way to distinguish between a pre-1994 large capacity feeding device and a post-1994 large capacity feeding device.
This legislation would require anyone in the possession of a large capacity feeding device to register such device with the Executive Office of Public Safety and Security (EOPSS).

I'm sure this will pass.

The people will now comply, however.

There are tens of millions of magazines in Massachusetts. It is unreasonable to expect all of them to be registered. They don't even have serial numbers.

Let’s see if they take out the exemption for off-duty LEOs like in NJ. [rofl]

I’m sure this will help the everyday LTC citizen feel better, especially with the new Suffolk County DA decriminalizing burglaries.

I know, right!

So if "there is no way to distinguish between a pre-1994 large capacity feeding device and a post-1994 large capacity feeding device", then one could buy a ton of post-bans and register them, lol.

My first thought too:

"Welp, gonna go buy every pmag I can find in a free state, leave them there, and register them then see what happens."

My first thought too:

"Welp, gonna go buy every pmag I can find in a free state, leave them there, and register them then see what happens."

Only problem is that next year when they ban them outright, Officer Friendly will be knocking on your door with a list in his hand when it's time to turn them in.

Don’t comply. At this point all of the stuff in all the states is nothing but a bunch of BS laws by politicians paid off by Bloomberg and friends. They don’t have the manpower or the resources to break up a monkey shit fight at the zoo let alone track down every preban mag in the state. I might just start buying Pmags, the hell with it!

HD836, An Act relative to universal background checks for private gun sales
This legislation would close a loophole in state law that currently allows for private firearms sales to be completed without a federal background check on prospective buyers. It would require a National Instant Criminal Background System (NICS) check by a licensed gun dealer prior to any private sale or transfer of a firearm. Dealers would be able to charge a fee of $25 per transactions for these services.
This legislation is modeled after laws in 8 other states and Washington, D.C., and would ensure that private sales are subject to the same background check requirements as sales conducted at licensed gun shops.

Depending on how this is worded, this could mean the end of legally transferring pre 7/20/2016 "Assault Weapons" via private sale. It could also mean no more private sales of non-approved handguns.

Christ what a sh** show. I have a question in case GOAL is reading this. How can I as an ordinary person get time in front of my senator/rep to talk about these issues? I mean the legislature must have some pecking order for this nonsense? This is a solid California style gunpocalypse.

Depending on how this is worded, this could mean the end of legally transferring pre 7/20/2016 "Assault Weapons" via private sale. It could also mean no more private sales of non-approved handguns.
Do it anyway! They can’t stop it, they won’t prosicute it, they know it’s all BS to show the pathetic breather bags in this state that they care.

Back
Top Bottom