New Bedford USPSA Rifle match

Dick- I don't think RGS was intending to be a snob. And, although he has tremendous Jedi powers, I honestly do not believe he could zero in on the fact that you access NES from your phone.

Match fee is $20 bucks, it is the Sunday after Thanksgiving, and it will be an awesome time.

That said, bring a P.M.A. and come have fun with us.

Thanks MFP. In hindsight it was a poor choice of words and I want I feel an apoligy is in order to RGS. I was just very frustrated because I was trying to get the info out ASAP to several people so we could get a good crew to represent my friends new gun shop. And as far as knowing about access from my phone, the other board I post on leave a tag to inform that you "posted from a mobile device" and I didn't realize this one did not. And trust the PMA will be there, you will be able to spot me a mile away with the huge grin on my face from thorough enjoyment.

Oh and RGS, I apoligize for my poor choice of words and didn't intend to start a flame war

Its time for someone to step up and take my spot as Top Jackass. I've moved on, I have the whole tri-state region to harass now. its a big area with a lot of idiots... its very time consuming.

Just don't piss off the guys at Topton. Have fun on Sunday.

Just an update... Looking like the minimum round-count will be in the 160-175 range across 5 stages. Should be LOTS OF FUN! Weather forecast looking promising too
fingers-crossed-emoticon.gif
!

Fixed it for ya

What equipment do you guys plan on running in this match? What rifle, caliber, configuration?

I can't decide. I have 2 ar rifles, a plane jane A2 style with lightweight barrel that handles very well, or decked out M4 style with eotech. I also have an AK that could be used.

Is a sling necessary or not? What about spare magazines? I suppose it depends on the coarse of fire, but will a 30 round in the rifle and another in my back pocket work?

irons and unmagnified red dots will be in limited.
Scopes and magnifier in tactical
Multiple scope / dots is in open

Slings make it an open gun, right? I'm not that concerned since I'm not really shooting this for high scores, the sling just makes it easier to carry around.

Slings do not put you into Open division. Multiple optics do, a bipod does (a Grip Pod, when it is extended puts you into Open!), a comp larger than 1" in diameter x 3" long (measured from the end of the barrel to then end of the comp) A red dot with a magnifier ie. Aimpoint, Eotech, etc DOES NOT count as two optics!!!!! A scope and a C-more, J Point etc is two optics.

Then, they are not a USPSA sanctioned match. Outlaw matches will post their rules prior to the match. The good ones, anyway.

irons and unmagnified red dots will be in limited.
Scopes and magnifier in tactical
Multiple scope / dots is in open

Not quite right under USPSA Rifle rules:
Limited: No optics (unmagnified or otherwise): Appendix D3 #12
Tactical: Only one optic: Appendix D2 #12, also see note 18 to clarify Dan's point.
Open: Optic (multiple) allowed: Appendix D1 # 12

If you have a Red Dot, you will be in Tactical or Open, depending on if you have other optic sites, or a bipod, or a comp larger than 1"x3" or any of the other rules that apply under Appendix D1 or D2 .

These are the only three divisions that will be recognized.

Note: Minimum power factors:
Minor: 150
Major: 320

Slings don't mean anything under USPSA rules.

This is a USPSA Rifle match, and rules will be as such.

Not quite right under USPSA Rifle rules:
Limited: No optics (unmagnified or otherwise): Appendix D3 #12
Tactical: Only one optic: Appendix D2 #12, also see note 18 to clarify Dan's point.
Open: Optic (multiple) allowed: Appendix D1 # 12

If you have a Red Dot, you will be in Tactical or Open, depending on if you have other optic sites, or a bipod, or a comp larger than 1"x3" or any of the other rules that apply under Appendix D1 or D2 .

These are the only three divisions that will be recognized.

Note: Minimum power factors:
Minor: 150
Major: 320

Slings don't mean anything under USPSA rules.

This is a USPSA Rifle match, and rules will be as such.

You are correct, I was looking at the multigun rules

Great match! Thanks to New Bedford folks for organizing it!

Looking forward to a new 2011 season!

Special thanks to ScottS for the help with the blast!

Last edited:
First USPSA, looks like Im gonna need to join! Thanks to the squad for putting up with all the malfunctions, mental and otherwise~!

Back
Top Bottom