• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Bedford USPSA Rifle match

Will likely be 5 stages, one of them will span two pits. Largest stage will have around 50 for a round count. While the max distance is about 25 yards, there will definately be some challenges - you might have to aim at a few of them - those 1/2 targets will be easy in comparison....

Thanks Dave! At least this year, there won't be any new holes in my knees.

Thanks Dave! At least this year, there won't be any new holes in my knees.

unless you shoot yourself
don't do that, it would probably hurt

This is still 3 weeks away, why do i feel like a kid waiting for Christmas?
I wish we had more assault rifle matches

and screw those little targets, unless they represent EWOKS, i hate EWOKS
not as much as jar jar binks
but EWOKS still suck

unless you shoot yourself
don't do that, it would probably hurt

This is still 3 weeks away, why do i feel like a kid waiting for Christmas?
I wish we had more assault rifle matches

and screw those little targets, unless they represent EWOKS, i hate EWOKS
not as much as jar jar binks
but EWOKS still suck

I'm up for shooting some Ewoks, but Jar Jar Binks is the most obnoxious creature I have ever encountered. In a more perfect world the whole bunch would have been fed to Jabba the Hut.

I too am anxiously awaiting this match. I had to skip the Zombie match because my local PD took four months to renew my LTC.

1407 North Hixville Road Dartmouth, MA.

Exit 11 of 195 is correct. If your GPS / mapping software tell you to drive directly through the state forest, don't do it.

Hope I'm back in town and able to make it... I need to make up for all my malfunctions and poor shooting at the Zombie shoot... I might even clean my gun this time.

1407 North Hixville Road Dartmouth, MA.

Exit 11 of 195 is correct. If your GPS / mapping software tell you to drive directly through the state forest, don't do it.

Been there, done that. The TomTom almost fooled me again when I drove down for steel challenge.

I think everyone does it on their first trip down there. I did it for the 2008 MA states, and I've heard at least one person grumbling about it in 09 and 10.

I think everyone does it on their first trip down there. I did it for the 2008 MA states, and I've heard at least one person grumbling about it in 09 and 10.

I did it on my way to my IDPA SO last spring. I managed to do it right for the 2010 MA states, but I got fooled and got off the exit this last night time. I said, "this doesn't look right" and got back on the highway:

There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — [pauses] — shame on you. Fool me — [pauses] — You can't get fooled again.

It seems like every time I go down there for the MA IDPA shoot, as I get ready to turn in, I see someone coming in from the other direction with eyes like saucers...I know exactly what happened.

What is the Exact date time and cost for this? I take it the TomTom directions are terrible, does anyone have good ones as I will becoming from the Springfield area and will be pissed if I miss it.

Post #1, #34, #44

Yeah thanks for the help, instead of being a snob you could have just told me, especially since I'm viewing from my phone and its a huge pain in the ass to go from page to page and by the time I have acces to my computer I have zero desire to sit in front of it to go on the internet. And none of the posts you mentioned said anything about a match fee

I think the GPS programmers are sick folks, that make the unit give wierd directions from time to time!

My Tom Tom did kidnap me once. The damn thing led me through unfamiliar territory to the point that I was completely lost and then right up to a locked gate. The route was clearly marked on the other side of the gate, unfortunately I couldn't get past the gate as I live in the real world. The only solution was to drive off in a random direction until the GPS decided that another route (one that avoided the locked gate) was in order. This took a while.

Yeah thanks for the help, instead of being a snob you could have just told me, especially since I'm viewing from my phone and its a huge pain in the ass to go from page to page and by the time I have acces to my computer I have zero desire to sit in front of it to go on the internet. And none of the posts you mentioned said anything about a match fee

Deleted as not worth the response

Deleted as not worth the response

Dick- I don't think RGS was intending to be a snob. And, although he has tremendous Jedi powers, I honestly do not believe he could zero in on the fact that you access NES from your phone.

Match fee is $20 bucks, it is the Sunday after Thanksgiving, and it will be an awesome time.

That said, bring a P.M.A. and come have fun with us.

Last edited:
Can anyone show up for this? If so, I'll be driving from the Dedham area if anyone needs a ride.

Back
Top Bottom