New Bedford Steel Challenge 3/31

New Bedford is hosting a five stage Steel Challenge match next Sat 3/31. Does anyone know which five stages we will be shooting?

Since it was started, here's the details of the match:

Thanks to a grant from the NRA Foundation, the Rod & Gun Club of New Bedford is hosting a 5 stage Steel Challenge match on Saturday - Match 31, 2012. You will need a minimum of 125 rounds (you should bring at least 200 rounds). Registration open until 9:25am, shooting starts at 9:30am.

Entry fee: $15
Juniors (under 18): $10

Only a single entry per shooter. No armor piercing ammo allowed.

Steel Challenge info can be found here: http://steelchallenge.com/

Info and directions to the club are here: http://www.rodgun-nb.org/directions.htm

Many, MANY different divisions to choose from:
Center Fire - Open
Center Fire - Iron Sights
Center Fire - Production
Revolver - Open
Revolver - Iron Sights
Revolver - Cowboy Single Action
Rimfire Pistol - Open
Rimfire Pistol - Iron Sights
Rimfire Rifle - Open
Rimfire Rifle - Iron Sights
Pistol Caliber Carbine - Open
Pistol Caliber Carbine - Iron Sights

Minimum caliber for Center Fire divisions is 9x19 / .38 Special. Rimfire division must be .22LR only.

Rimfire pistol, Rimfire rifle and Pistol Caliber Carbine start from the low-ready. All other divisions start from a holster. If you don’t have a holster, you can still play, you will just be assessed a small time penalty (1 second per run) to make up for it.

Steel Challenge is lots of fun, involves very little or no movement, great for kids (as long as they are safe and have good gun handling skills - parent or guardian must be present). Shooters of all skill levels will enjoy this sport, from the most basic novice to the most experienced grand masters. New shooters welcome, as are spectators. Everyone on the range must wear eye and ear protection at ALL TIMES.

Since it was started, here's the details of the match:

Thanks to a grant from the NRA Foundation, the Rod & Gun Club of New Bedford is hosting a 5 stage Steel Challenge match on Saturday - Match 31, 2012. You will need a minimum of 125 rounds (you should bring at least 200 rounds). Registration open until 9:25am, shooting starts at 9:30am.

Entry fee: $15
Juniors (under 18): $10

Only a single entry per shooter. No armor piercing ammo allowed.

Steel Challenge info can be found here: http://steelchallenge.com/

Info and directions to the club are here: http://www.rodgun-nb.org/directions.htm

Many, MANY different divisions to choose from:
Center Fire - Open
Center Fire - Iron Sights
Center Fire - Production
Revolver - Open
Revolver - Iron Sights
Revolver - Cowboy Single Action
Rimfire Pistol - Open
Rimfire Pistol - Iron Sights
Rimfire Rifle - Open
Rimfire Rifle - Iron Sights
Pistol Caliber Carbine - Open
Pistol Caliber Carbine - Iron Sights

Minimum caliber for Center Fire divisions is 9x19 / .38 Special. Rimfire division must be .22LR only.

Rimfire pistol, Rimfire rifle and Pistol Caliber Carbine start from the low-ready. All other divisions start from a holster. If you don’t have a holster, you can still play, you will just be assessed a small time penalty (1 second per run) to make up for it.

Steel Challenge is lots of fun, involves very little or no movement, great for kids (as long as they are safe and have good gun handling skills - parent or guardian must be present). Shooters of all skill levels will enjoy this sport, from the most basic novice to the most experienced grand masters. New shooters welcome, as are spectators. Everyone on the range must wear eye and ear protection at ALL TIMES.

Thanks. Sounds loke a lot of fun. See you on Sat.

Dave, any concerns with the rain forecasted for saturday, or will the match go on regardless?

Ah, what's a little rain? Just bring out the plastic guns and have some fun :)

(of course, now having tempted the range gods, I'm sure we'll get a deluge)

For us, it take a really crappy weather day/forcast for us to cancel due to weather - it happens, but not that often. Best bet, if you're not sure, is to check the club's website, the USPSA NorthEast Section site, and the match thread here on NES. If we cancel a match, it will be posted at these places. But for this weekend, pretty sure things will be a go. See you Saturday.

For us, it take a really crappy weather day/forcast for us to cancel due to weather - it happens, but not that often. Best bet, if you're not sure, is to check the club's website, the USPSA NorthEast Section site, and the match thread here on NES. If we cancel a match, it will be posted at these places. But for this weekend, pretty sure things will be a go. See you Saturday.

Oh I actually like to shoot in in-climate weather, my shooting mate is most likely dropping out though [thinking]

I gotta pick up a little bit more 9mm but I am planning to shoot. Thanks Dave!

If it rains you just put plastic bags over the targets right... :)

Driving down from Marlboro... Weather sucks. Got my parka and my rainproof riding pants with me. Think I'm gonna need them...

This was a great shoot!

The crowd wasn't too big, so the squads were manageable sizes. Weather wasn't real good - rained on an off all morning - but the club had shelters in most of the pits and the ones that didn't have a shelter, the New Bedford crew put up popups.

Well run, good people - this was, as I said before, a great shoot. I had a very good time and the R&GCNB folks are to be congratulated.

Nice shooting Jay. Results posted: http://www.rodgun-nb.org/ap/results/2012-03-31.pdf

For me, it wasn't raining when I got into the truck, but started before I got out of the driveway. It was a rain/snow mix when I got to the range. We had a mix from rain to snow to rain to sleet all during setup. But when match time came, it was mostly either a light drizzle or the rain stopped. Go figure.

Thanks to all that made it out today, and thanks for all your help. 32 shooters was more than I was thinking for the weather we had.

Next match at New Bedford is next Saturday with the IDPA Classifier.

Here's some quick vid's of my better runs. I seem to have lost a stage somewhere.[wink]

[video=youtube_share;4uL12nkbaaU]http://youtu.be/4uL12nkbaaU[/video]

Great Day!! Did not even notice the rain, was having too much fun. Good shooting Jay, it was fun to watch. Thanks Dave for all your hard work and getting results posted so fast. I enjoy the matches..... two Production Steel wins in a row makes it worth the 3 hour drive :)))

Back
Top Bottom