New Bedford gone GREEN...for the time being..

A few months ago the CoP for New Bedford had past away.
And i heard there was a temporary CoP lifting restrictions and given out unrestricted LTC...... my buddy got his LTC a month ago and there was no restrictions after i told him that he would be restricted for the 1st issuing...i was wrong so 2 weeks ago i emailed the CoP because i heard he was retiring very soon and today i got my new LTC in the mail with "sporting" lifted and i have the new "none" word there which i never thought i loved the word so much in my life lol so any1 in NB you should hurry and email them before we get another anti2A CoP

Seems like with him passing is the reason why.... my brother just got his ltc last november and it was restricted to sporting i dont see a date unless i missed it

A few months ago the CoP for New Bedford had past away.
And i heard there was a temporary CoP lifting restrictions and given out unrestricted LTC...... my buddy got his LTC a month ago and there was no restrictions after i told him that he would be restricted for the 1st issuing...i was wrong so 2 weeks ago i emailed the CoP because i heard he was retiring very soon and today i got my new LTC in the mail with "sporting" lifted and i have the new "none" word there which i never thought i loved the word so much in my life lol so any1 in NB you should hurry and email them before we get another anti2A CoP

So you just had to email him, no forms to fill out?

So remember guys it wasn't the magical LTC fairy.It was Comm2A doing a great job.So send them some money.

Great job COM2A Thank you for what you are doing. I am sending another donation. Mike

Case 1:15-cv-10238-FDS Document 45 Filed 04/06/16 Page 1 of 3
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT DISTRICT OF MASSACHUSETTS
JEAN BATTY, et al.,
-against- KEN ARBETELLI, et al.,
Plaintiffs,
) ) ) )
) CIVIL ACTION NO.
) 1:15-cv-10238-FDS )
) ) ) )
Defendants.
[PROPOSED] ORDER OF DISMISSAL AS TO CHIEF PROVENCHER OF THE NEW BEDFORD POLICE DEPARTMENT
WHEREAS:
1) Plaintiffs commenced this action seeking declaratory and injunctive relief against
the practice of placing “target,” “hunting,” and “sporting”-type restrictions on licenses to carry firearms (“LTCs”) issued under M.G.L. c. 140, § 131; and
2) Defendant Chief Provencher (the designated “licensing authority” for the City of New Bedford) unexpectedly passed away on December 13, 2015, and Rule 25(d) of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure provides for the automatic substitution of his successor(s); and
3) Both Chief Provencher’s interim successor and the New Bedford Police Department have decided to change the Department’s policies for issuing LTC’s such that they will no longer impose “target,” “hunting,” or “sporting”-type restrictions on the LTC’s of otherwise eligible applicants unless the Department has a specific concern with a particular applicant; and
4) Chief Provencher’s interim successor and the New Bedford Police Department have directed the pertinent Massachusetts agency (the Firearms Records Bureau or “FRB”) to

Case 1:15-cv-10238-FDS Document 45 Filed 04/06/16 Page 2 of 3
issue unrestricted LTC’s to Plaintiffs David Goldman and Janele Goldman and will direct FRB to issue unrestricted LTC’s to otherwise eligible current holders of LTC’s who request them, NOW THEREFORE:

It is hereby agreed and stipulated that the claims against Defendant Chief Provencher (only) shall be DISMISSED, without prejudice, with all rights of appeal waived, and with each party to bear its own costs and attorney’s fees.
Dated: April 6, 2016
/s/ David D. Jensen
David D. Jensen
Admitted Pro Hac Vice DAVID JENSEN PLLC
111 John Street, Suite 420 New York, New York 10038 Tel: 212.380.6615
Fax: 917.591.1318 [email protected]
Patrick M. Groulx
BBO No. 673394
Grolman, LLP
321 Columbus Avenue Boston, Massachusetts 02116 Tel: 617.859.8966
Fax: 617.859.8903 [email protected]
Attorneys for Plaintiffs
/s/ Kreg R. Espinola
Kreg R. Espinola
BBO No. 649389
Assistant City Solicitor
City of New Bedord
133 William Street, Room 203
New Bedford, Massachusetts 02740 Tel: 508.979.1460 [email protected]
Attorney for Defendant Chief Provencher, His Successor, and the New Bedford Police Department
It is SO ORDERED this ___ day of April, 2016.
______________________________ F. Dennis Saylor IV
United States District Judge
-2-
Case 1:15-cv-10238-FDS Document 45 Filed 04/06/16 Page 3 of 3
CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE
I hereby certify that this document filed through the CM/ECF system will be sent electronically to the registered participants as identified on the Notice of Electronic Filing (NEF) and paper copies will be sent to those indicated as non-registered participants on 6 April 2016.
/s/ David D. Jensen David D. Jensen
-3-

Now if we could just get Woburn on that list.

"The City of Woburn issues a Class A Restricted License unless applicant is a businessowner or law enforcement." - From the town website

Thanks for the update and everything else, donation sent. I wish there was better(any) communication from NB.. It's been almost 3 weeks since I e-mailed and I haven't heard or seen anything. Not an enormous amount of time, but it would be nice to know if they even received my e-mail.

Has anyone else received their updated LTC? How long did it take?

Thanks for the update and everything else, donation sent. I wish there was better(any) communication from NB.. It's been almost 3 weeks since I e-mailed and I haven't heard or seen anything. Not an enormous amount of time, but it would be nice to know if they even received my e-mail.

Mine took 2 weeks
Shoot me a pm

Unfortunately, this didn't happy as smoothly as it should have. We were keeping the wraps on this because the order was not finalized and because NBPD wanted to be able to process restriction removal requests in a timely manner - not something they could if all the requests came in at once. But, word leaked out and I suspect the they're getting requests at a rate faster than they can process them. Bear with it, they want to do the right thing.

did they stop handing out punctuation when they stopped handing out restrictions? [rofl]
Because it bears repeating: Thank Comm2A for this victory.

I though a green town was a town that would issue "green cards" which are machine gun licenses..
I never heard it used the way the OP used it. But either way its great there issuing unrestricted LTCs.

I though a green town was a town that would issue "green cards" which are machine gun licenses..
I never heard it used the way the OP used it. But either way its great there issuing unrestricted LTCs.
You misunderstood a well accepted convention

Mine took 2 weeks
Shoot me a pm

Unfortunately, this didn't happy as smoothly as it should have. We were keeping the wraps on this because the order was not finalized and because NBPD wanted to be able to process restriction removal requests in a timely manner - not something they could if all the requests came in at once. But, word leaked out and I suspect the they're getting requests at a rate faster than they can process them. Bear with it, they want to do the right thing.

Hmmm I sent an email ~3 weeks ago, possibly more, and have heard nothing back or got anything in the mail.

Wonder if they're just backed up? Should I send another email/go down there in person?

You need to email Spirlet not the email on the website

Spirlet?? Who is that? Thought it was acting Chief of Police I was supposed to email. Guessing hes in charge if licensing maybe from Google searches?

Haven't sourced an email yet, can someone PM it to me?

Last edited:

sent an email April 1st, nothing yet, after the drama with them (last year? year before? thank you to GOAL and Comm2A for help with that) maybe they thought i was joking? ;)

ETA:

Of course, now that i posted that, it'll be waiting for me in the mailbox when i get home

ETAA:

but then i just jinxed myself, so no it won't be...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom