NEW BEDFORD CAB DRIVER FATALLY SHOT MAN DURING ATTEMPTED ROBBERY

A man with a facial tattoo is a criminal ?

First time for everything, I guess.

7faf1Rt.png

Good thing he was not driving for Uber, as it reacted to a driver stopping a mass shooting by banning its drivers from carrying.

Good thing he was not driving for Uber, as it reacted to a driver stopping a mass shooting by banning its drivers from carrying.
Would've made no difference from a legal standpoint.

Fun fact: I briefly drove for Uber a few years ago and I carried every single time. I hadn't discovered AIWB at that time so I was carrying in a shoulder holster [laugh]

District Attorney Quinn said the cab driver, who has not been identified, is a legal gun owner. The man has not been charged in connection to the incident and is not being held by police. It was unclear if the driver had sustained any injuries during the altercation.

He'll be charged shortly.

Would've made no difference from a legal standpoint.

Fun fact: I briefly drove for Uber a few years ago and I carried every single time. I hadn't discovered AIWB at that time so I was carrying in a shoulder holster [laugh]
Technically true, but if the state decides they want to "get you" the fact that carry is prohibited by Uber will be mentioned at every step in the process in an attempt to prejudice the system against you. It would take a non-marsupial judge to rule the prohibition inadmissible at trial as irrelevant to the legality of the shooting.

He'll be charged shortly.
The may be the exception to the expectation in MA. The real test will be "does he get to keep his LTC and remain out of PP status?".

the same chief that issues licenses with hunting and Target restrictions? Would that be the same chief that has the average weight for a renewal at 90 days? Yeah he sounds like a real advocate for us.
I’m not sure we’re talking about the same Chief. I didn’t state that he was an advocate for us nor did I mention anything about “weight” times. I did say that I would be surprised if the driver’s LTC got pulled by the current Chief. We will see.

I’m not sure we’re talking about the same Chief. I didn’t state that he was an advocate for us nor did I mention anything about “weight” times. I did say that I would be surprised if the driver’s LTC got pulled by the current Chief. We will see.

The new chief(or interim?) they've had has been giving out LTCs at a good rate, hasn't he?

I have several friends who live in the city who said it takes close to 3 months and they were given restrictions. Maybe the cabbie was able to get al lawful because of his job. But the chief requires you write a letter if you want all lawful and if he doesn't like your reason (and usually he doesn't) then you get restrictions.

"District Attorney Quinn said the cab driver, who has not been identified, is a legal gun owner. The man has not been charged in connection to the incident and is not being held by police."

I dunno. Seems like a pretty clear case of self defense to me and he has not been charged.

Back
Top Bottom