• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Bedford 2014 Schedule: USPSA, IDPA & Steel Challenge

The Rod & Gun Club of New Bedford announces their 2014 Action Shooting schedule.

2014 IDPA Mass State Championship will be held on June 7 & 8, 2014.

IDPA: 2nd Saturdays from April through December(some exceptions)
USPSA: 4th Sundays from April through November
Steel Challenge: 4 matches scheduled throughout the year

Full schedule can be found here: http://www.rodgun-nb.org/ap/schedules/Schedule_2014.pdf

Note: Schedule subject to change. Always check the club's website for the most up-to-date schedule.

IDPA 2014 Dates (2nd Saturdays):
--------------------------------
April 12 (Classifier)
May 10
June 7 & 8 (State Championship)
July 12 ** CANCELLED **
August 9
September 13 ** CANCELLED **
October 11 - no match - see USPSA Multi-Gun
November 8 - Back Up Gun (BUG) **CANCELLED**
December 13 - (Classifier) **CANCELLED**

USPSA 2014 Dates (4th Sundays*):
-------------------------------
April 26 - Intro to USPSA (Saturday)
April 27
May 25
June 22
July 27
August 24
September 28 (Cancelled, we had Area 7 instead)
October 11 - Multi-Gun (Saturday)
October 26 - Shotgun
November 23 - Rifle

Steel Challenge 2014 Dates:
---------------------------
January 4th (Comm2A fundraiser)
March 29
May 31
November 29 (Cancelled)

Pre-Registration required for:
------------------------------
USPSA Intro (4/26)
IDPA MA State (6/7-8)
USPSA Multi-Gun (10/11)

All other events will handle registration the morning of the match, approx 8:45am to 9:15am. Shooting starts at 9:30am.

Regular monthly matches are typically 5 or 6 stages. Monthly match fees: USPSA=$20, IDPA=$15, Steel Challenge=$15 (juniors $10).

Intro to USPSA seminar is intended for the completely novice competitor (if you've shoot a match or two before, this probably isn't the course for you). This all-day course will start with classroom instruction, covering safety, rules, practical skills drills to learn the safe way to draw a pistol out of a holster, and then transition to live fire shooting on three typical USPSA stages. Students will spend one hour on each of the three stages receiving instruction, demonstrations, and the opportunity to shoot the stage as many times as the one hour will permit before transitioning to the next stage. Stages will include moving targets, swinging targets, steel targets, no-threat targets, walls, barricades and other props. Class size will be limited to three squads of six for a total of 18 slots. Cost is $75 and includes lunch and a shoot pass to be used for any USPSA pistol match at New Bedford during the 2014 (including the match the very next day). If you've thought about trying USPSA, this course will get you into the game.

The IDPA Mass State Championship requires pre-registration ($95 if entered before 5/1/2014, $110 on/after 5/1). Entry form can be found here: http://www.rodgun-nb.org/ap/schedules/IDPAMA2014entry.pdf

Multi-Gun on Oct 11th requires pre-registration. This will be a USPSA Multi-Gun match and will operate under those rules. Match fee is $40.

New shooters always welcome. Eye & ear protection required by everyone on the range (competitors and spectators).

For more details, directions and other information, please visit the club's website at: www.rodgun-nb.org

Last edited:
For USPSA, can I just show up? I'm new to the area but not USPSA; Are my 140mm 20 rounders ok in MA if I'm coming to a competition?

Most matches in the area, include at New Bedford, regular monthly matches do not have pre-registration - just show up, pay the fee and shoot. There are some matches that require pre-registration but they are usually labelled as such. For New Bedford in 2014, the only events we require pre-registration are:
------------------------------
USPSA Intro (4/26/14)
IDPA MA State (6/7-8/14)
USPSA Multi-Gun (10/11/14)

As for your magazine question, MA basically operates under the old FED AWB, so if your mag is an old 'pre-ban', your fine. For more details on non-residents coming into MA for competitions, see this thread under MA laws: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...ing-guns-into-Mass-for-competition-or-hunting

As for your magazine question, MA basically operates under the old FED AWB, so if your mag is an old 'pre-ban', your fine. For more details on non-residents coming into MA for competitions, see this thread under MA laws: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...ing-guns-into-Mass-for-competition-or-hunting

Dear Baby Jesus, that's a lot of rules. So, short version: If I get a license from MA (either one), I *can* bring my SVI with 20 round mags into MA to compete?

Dear Baby Jesus, that's a lot of rules. So, short version: If I get a license from MA (either one), I *can* bring my SVI with 20 round mags into MA to compete?

Only if the mags are true 'pre-bans'.

- - - Updated - - -

When is the sign up for the mass state match?

sent from my NSA approved phone

We are working on an electronic registration system, just finishing up the last details. We should have something out shortly, and I would guess we'll start a separate thread announcing the match and the registration process.

Your guess is as good as mine. I didn't write this crap, just trying to help folks not get into trouble because of it.

I really appreciate it. I'll move my confusion over to the MA law forum instead of jacking this thread more than I already have.

I just noticed that there is a class for Pistol Caliber Carbines in the Steel Challenge matches. Does that mean I can bring my Tommy Gun? (10 round mags of course)

I've been doing IDPA and some USPSA matches and want to try the Multi-gun that is coming up in Oct. Can someone tell me if Multi-gun is the same as 3 gun? I have a M4 and a Winchester Defender pump 12 ga. and 9mm M&P. Can I try it out with these guns?

I've been doing IDPA and some USPSA matches and want to try the Multi-gun that is coming up in Oct. Can someone tell me if Multi-gun is the same as 3 gun? I have a M4 and a Winchester Defender pump 12 ga. and 9mm M&P. Can I try it out with these guns?

You can use your guns for multi-gun. A 3 gun match, each stage is set for one of the guns, shotgun, rifle or pistol. A multi-gun competition may require you to use a couple of guns on the stages.

You can use your guns for multi-gun. A 3 gun match, each stage is set for one of the guns, shotgun, rifle or pistol. A multi-gun competition may require you to use a couple of guns on the stages.

The names are used interchangeably. Every major "3 gun" match I've attended has used up to all 3 guns in stages. Multi Gun versus 3Gun seems only naming by sanctioning organizations, rather than non-sanctioned ie. "Outlaw"

Hi, could someone please confirm the steel challenge is on for 11/29? If so, what will be the five stages? Thx!

If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?

Back
Top Bottom