• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New BCM Gunfighter's Grip

Anyone else try one of these new AR grips? They are new for BCM but closely resemble HK's grip on the 416. I just installed the MOD 1 I ordered on my rifle and shot about 120 rounds so far with it.

( My Crappy Cell-Phone Pic )
bcmgrip1.jpg

There are some review videos on YouTube, a real good one by rob_s from tacticalyellowadvisor.net

BCM GUNFIGHTER Pistol Grips

I went with the MOD 1 with the larger backstrap over the standard MOD 0 because I read about the shorter trigger reach with these, and I normally run MIAD's on all my rifles with the B2 backstrap installed.

So far with this new grip, I DO like it alot, however it IS very different feeling than the "norm" we have been used to for a long time. It feels like I am gripping a pistol. It does feel good when you are "tucked" into a CQB shooting stance with your elbows tight to the body and you are squared off to the target as opposed to a more bladed stance. This was the point of the design, and I like the way it works.

I probably won't change out all my grips to this where, again, I consider this grip to be good for close quarters type of use with your stance and movement. Didn't really have an opinion when shooting from prone. It was more natural when holding the rifle in the "sul" position, to a low ready, to a shooting stance.

The grip makes you "choke up" real high on the backstrap and does put pressure on your middle finger when supporting the rifle with one hand. This may lead to sore-ness or calluses during a prolonged use the rifle. Hell, this happens sometimes during extended rifle classes over multiple days, but just something to point out.

Overall, I like this grip a lot. As I said above, it won't replace all the grips on my rifles because this grip was intended for a specific purpose, but in the end, it is comfortable and I am looking forward to using it more to see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom