New Armament Manufacturer Opening Factory In Portsmouth NH

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Port City OK's variance for new armament company

PORTSMOUTH — A startup company in Portsmouth catering to the defense and sporting industries will be designing firearms, silencers and accessories from its Cutts Street location.

On Tuesday, the Board of Adjustment unanimously approved two variances that will allow Q to operate in the city.

Jessica Gauvin, vice president of business development, and Vice President Robby Johnson explained that the limited liability company is made up of a group of nine people — including eight who worked for Sig Sauer in Portsmouth — and they employ active and retired military to help improve equipment used in battle.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20160624/NEWS02/160629631

Now the bad news:

Johnson said the secure facility will NOT be a retail shop open to the public.

“We’re not a swinging door,” Johnson said, emphasizing that they would serve the military and large distributors.

Last edited:
Not a lot of gun companies are open to the public where you can buy stuff directly from them at their factory except for custom shops like Shiloh Sharps or say Holland and Holland. But these guys are shooting for military contracts, or so it seems.

But the name... They couldn't have picked a more untrustworthy name than "Q"...

Picture-98.png

tng-encounteratfarpoint3.jpg

Not a lot of gun companies are open to the public where you can buy stuff directly from them at their factory except for custom shops like Shiloh Sharps or say Holland and Holland. But these guys are shooting for military contracts, or so it seems.

But the name... They couldn't have picked a more untrustworthy name than "Q"...

Au contraire!

q-penn-parker.jpg

This should be interesting. 8-9 person company. Everybody gets the big title.

Jessica Gauvin, vice president of business development...

She was the trade-show chick at Sig. VP/BD? I think she was like a waitress 5 years ago or so. I'm sure she'll do just fine.

By all accounts, Kevin Brittingham is a silencer genius, but I don't think that's going to be enough.

[video=youtube_share;W1VQIcsHSAI]http://youtu.be/W1VQIcsHSAI[/video]

[wink] Gonna keep my eye on these guys.

Q is Kevin Brittingham's new company. He sold Advance Armament (AAC, silencers) to Remington. He hen left to head SIG's silencer operation. He left SIG to start Q. They currently have a 22 silencer available. They are in the finishing stages of producing a bolt gun and a 300bk, short AR called the Honey Badger, which Brittingham developed for AAC, but was never produced. Other silencers are on the way also.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom