New AR acquisition.

Last night I went to my local gunshop asking for advice on parts and building an AR Upper. After much discussion, thought, and research, I put a down payment on a very lightly used (less than 100 rounds) Rock River Arms (RRA) LAR-15 with M4 stock and A2 front sight. Comes with a medium foreguard and 16" heavy bull barrel. Has a flat top. Can't wait to bring he to the range, I should be able to get a photo in the next day or two.

I may need an NES intervention.......or not [smile]

i hate when that happens. Go into a gun store just looking to spend a few $'s and, BOOM, walking out the door with exactly what i really wanted!

Congrats.

This will be my second AR, but closer to what I wanted when I bought my DPMS Sportical Carbine. The only thing I need to do is replace the foreguard with a rail system, and I'll be good to go. Dennis, it's a deal [smile]

this%20thread%20is%20useless%20without%20pichers.jpg

I know you said you'd be putting pics up in a day or two. I just couldn't resist.

Last edited:
Nice choice. That is a GREAT gun. One thing you may want to check with RRA about is that their guns can be had with a bare chrome molly steel chamber and bore or with a chrome plated mil-style chamber and bore.

This is offered because its more accurate than a chrome bore and less money than a stainless bbl. Its not a big deal one way or the other, I'd just be more careful about cleaning it after using cheap foreign ammo if its not chrome plated.

I love their mid length 16" guns. They shoot nice and soft and RRA doesn't put the stupid M4 grenade launcher cuts in their bbls. Something thats getting increasingly hard to fine. I've actually got a gun just like yours on order for a customer except with a stainless bbl. I just spoke to RRA today. Estimated wait time 3-5 months!!!

Don

My RRA Predator Pursuit complete upper was about 130 days from paid order, to delivery at my dealer. The delay was due to Wilson Combat, who makes the stainless barrels for Rock River.

My RRA Predator Pursuit complete upper was about 130 days from paid order, to delivery at my dealer. The delay was due to Wilson Combat, who makes the stainless barrels for Rock River.

Just an FYI its not Wilson Combat. Its Wilson Arms in Branford, CT. They make barrels. www.wilsonarms.com
(2 miles from where I grew up)

Don

Last edited:

I don't want to hear this. I just ordered one last weekend. Not a predator pursuit, but a Varmint A4. Either way, I don't want to wait that long!!!

RRA makes a nice factory rifle, the UTE2 is neat in that it's a flat top and an A2 rear sight both at the same time.

smitty

Here is some picture goodness, I apologize for the quality, it was done with an iPhone and the location of other customers and staff dictated the safe direction.

Attachments

• RRA LAR15.jpg
    RRA LAR15.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 75

Why couldn't they ship it to your house?

-tapatalk and Devin McCourty blow chunks-

Its true about the wait from RRA. I waited about 4 months after the 2008 election for an A2 upper and about 3 months a few years ago for a Predator Pursuit upper.

Sold the A2 but kept the PP because its so f'n accurate.

that looks like a nice rifle.

I don't think you need an intervention. You're doing good. I'd say you've stepped onto the right path where you don't need one.

Back
Top Bottom