• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Aquisitions March 2017

Couldn't pass this up. Thanks to MFS. :)

IMG_0851.jpg

Just picked up a Motorola XTS3000R (800mhz) and a programming cable. Not really useful for HAM stuff, but great for Rx trunked radio systems compared to my Uniden scanners.

attachment.php

Attachments

• xts3000.jpg
    xts3000.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 36
  • xts3000.jpg
    xts3000.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 455
PC upgrade complete. Just picked up the monitor. Samsung 21:9 Ultra Wide. It is just stunning, email never looked this good before.

6eb5590b9eb1357a1ca4d4a7303d8021.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

how do you like the speed sights?
I enjoy them as they are easy to pick up in any lighting condition and they have the tritium inserts so at night it is your basic 3-dot system. They are definitely worth it if your plan is for quick acquisition and defense, but they are not the most accurate. I'm planning on trying the I-dot sights for the 19 or getting it cut for a RMR.

I enjoy them as they are easy to pick up in any lighting condition and they have the tritium inserts so at night it is your basic 3-dot system. They are definitely worth it if your plan is for quick acquisition and defense, but they are not the most accurate. I'm planning on trying the I-dot sights for the 19 or getting it cut for a RMR.

My favorite for low low light conditions View attachment 192844 and it even has a diopter adjustment!

Last edited:

At the price, I couldn't pass it up. .22 magnum, eight shots, adjustable sights, two sets of grips, NIB. Good utility gun.

Nice! I have been looking at the Ruger LCR .22 mag.. I want to carry it in the woods behind my house to discourage 'yotes.

How is the trigger pull on that?

I'll let you know once I take it to the range. [smile] Feels like a long pull from dry-firing. I believe the spec. is 10# (DA) and 4# (SA).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ETA Update: This is a great revolver. Shot both CCI mini-mags and the "el cheapo" Winchester 555 (I had 4 duds in 200 rounds) -- the gun ate both types of ammo fine. Great design modifications (smaller under-lug, fiber optic front sight, Hogue Monogrip w/shelf cut in the left side for the right hand thumb
) -- a really fun piece. The trigger pull is a bit long on DA, but not unmanageable, and very crisp in SA.

30l2jq0.jpg

Last edited:
Wait. You're shooting them from the back porch, or shooting them off the back porch. Because only one of those sounds like fun, and the other sounds like "oh, shit."

We shoot them FROM the back porch. We call them into the backyard, once they come through the tree line....usually a .204 Ruger goes bang and another 'yote is kaput

Hensoldt RSA-S. I apparently couldn't just do the normal thing and buy an Aimpoint Micro. Another good deal from EuroOptic.

0F5164BA28E4FB099E76AEEA3A680590F65A19C8.jpg

7DC3D4E68DF4C7424F09CC5FD1181204BFFC0D56.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom