• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Aquisitions for September 2011

m1911a1.jpg

Nice!!!! What is the story/details on this????

Hey, thanks! It is the Auto Ordnance 1911. My first 1911.

I wanted a cheap, no-frills, GI style, American made 1911, and this one fit the bill perfectly.

The slide is tight, the feed ramp is polished, and the barrel is throated and polished. It shoots great (POA/POI @ 20 yards), and so far I haven't had any issues. I am well aware of the reputation that AO gained before Kahr took over, but I really couldn't be happier with mine. Hopefully that feeling will not change anytime soon.

The only thing I did prior to going to the range was to polish the magazine catch screw to eliminate the gritty action of the magazine release button.

I bought it from Mark at Holliston firearms. Excellent purchasing experience.

Regards,

A little late to the August party so the pics will go into Sept.

newlens023.jpg

Glock 17
8 OEM Mags
4 ready tactical mag carriers
1 tactical ready holster
Wilderness belt

Half of my new aquisitions came in today....

IMG_20110907_213059.jpg

Sig P-238 along with some critical defense ammo and a pocket holster. The sidekick should be in in a few weeks.

Picked up another Glock 30SF tonight. I missed my old one and wanted something in .45 I could carry when I go hiking/camping with more than 7 rounds.

Picked up an IAC Hawk 982 12g shotgun from manchester firing line yesterday. Took it to the range today and its a blast to shoot, handles recoil well and is lightweight. Has great sights, ghost ring, used mostly target loads but put 3 slugs down range and they were in a nice 4" group.

982.gif

Picked up some more tupperware - G17

Picked up this one today. Looks pretty much brand new, decent price (for MA) with a high-cap mag. Gonna try it out tomorrow.

The day after: Wow, like a 'frikken laser. Wish I had picked one up a long time ago. I actually like the Gen 2 grip a lot.

Glock17.jpg

Attachments

• Glock17.jpg
    Glock17.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Sight in @ 25+ yards indoor range.

a08a5d7b.jpg

Sent from my broken iPhone.
I just noticed the custom Shooting rest: a scissor jack, some scrap steel and a strap of leather. I love it, looks like something I would build. Now just paint it green and call it a Cadwell prototype.

Nice rifle.
Yep that is the MRA. One of the good points of the club 24/7 indoor Shotgun Slugs, all cal. except 50bmg and 50bmg cased (although I do not think it says that) no black powder indoor either.
Looks like the indoor range @ Mass Rifle. You can fire anything but 50 cal. indoors
Thanks, jaymce. Yes, I'm a member of MRA. +1 on the indoor range rule.

That looks closer than 25 yds. there Al. [laugh]
Adam, you caught me. I was cheating. [laugh][laugh]

I just noticed the custom Shooting rest: a scissor jack, some scrap steel and a strap of leather. I love it, looks like something I would build. Now just paint it green and call it a Cadwell prototype.
That is some creative build. [smile] It's not mine, but it's club owned equipment. I'm just using it [wink]

I figured that I could start this month's thread. Picked this up at North Shore Fire Arms.

S&W M&P 9c 10+1 9mm compact. My first composite weapon..........what next is the question???

Headed to the range to break this in!!!!

Check out the new ammo they offer for this beauty [rofl]

View attachment 20181 View attachment 20189

Man, there's gonna be a class 3 malfunction with that combo! [laugh2]

Not a new acquisition but a reacquisition.... I bought this about a year ago at local shop. I had an unexpected need for money arise and I had to put it up for sale. I local gentleman offered me a trade for a Sig P229 and having never had a Sig and figuring I could turn the Sig over easier than the Colt, I traded. Fast forward about a year later... I never put the Sig up for sale (actually, I friend was going to buy it).... until recently. I got a few offers for trades but I really missed my Colt Lawman. As luck would have it, the guy I traded it to offered to trade back. I've since bought a 6" Python and totally love it. My bank account will not let me spend the $2000 for a snubbie Python, sooooo my "poor man's Python" is back...

1976 Colt Lawman MkIII 357 Magnum
IMG_6543.jpg

IMG_6542.jpg

Smith and Wesson 19-3

On my back from NH with my father, we stopped at Patriot Arms in Ipswich to check things out. Well, in the case was this beauty that my dad spotted and he couldn't pull his license out fast enough. It was the exact same model revolver that he was first issued with the Sheriff's Dept back in the 70's, The way he looked at it and held it was like reuniting old friends (The SD switched to 9mm autos in 1993). He handed it back with a sort of somber look on his face and we left. I went back the next day to take it home as a present to my dad.

model19-3.jpg

On my back from NH with my father, we stopped at Patriot Arms in Ipswich to check things out. Well, in the case was this beauty that my dad spotted and he couldn't pull his license out fast enough. It was the exact same model revolver that he was first issued with the Sheriff's Dept back in the 70's, The way he looked at it and held it was like reuniting old friends (The SD switched to 9mm autos in 1993). He handed it back with a sort of somber look on his face and we left. I went back the next day to take it home as a present to my dad.

model19-3.jpg

Good man!

I love those old PD issues.

Take care.

Good man!

Chris

model19-3.jpg

That's a great thing to do for your father and a nice gun too. Bet your Dad is still smiling. Has he been able to shoot it yet? Hopefully the same Karma will find it's way to you!!!

Just picked this up for my new build, it is already at the smith getting a Kreiger barrel chambered in 260 Remington.

2011-09-10%25252016.32.37.jpg

I will be setting it in a Manners T4A stock in dead flat black topped off with a Sightron SIII Scope.
MCS-T4A.jpg

I am hoping this will be all done the week after my wedding day. 9/24

Cant wait for both!

Attachments

• 2011-09-10%u002525252016.32.37.jpg
    2011-09-10%u002525252016.32.37.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 17
2009 1911 group buy...

technically i bought this back in 2009...but i FINALLY got this to a state that i like...you'll notice this from some of my other posts...but greg derr did an amazing job finishing it up for me...sorry for the crappy pics, as i took this with my cell phone...better pictures to follow at a later date...

http://www.photobucket.com/2k9NES1911

whatever reason the pics weren't showing up...so here's a link to the photobucket site.

Last edited:
+1 and triple A rating to you.

model19-3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom