New Aquisitions for April 2016

Picked this up today. A Burnside 3rd Model carbine .54. There were only 1500 of this particular model made. It took a very unique cone shaped cartridge. I have brass and bullets on order. The bore is very good and I will have this old war horse booming again.

An example of the cartridge.
You sure that's not the dildo of one of the 'wee people"?

Ive got one of those, though the finish is a little rough. But the serial # is a tad lower.......

428848195bfea577d56e0e679a3d1187.jpg

ceafee3b6e741bc10e30a4bee578ebe7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I got out of the Army in 1990 I bought a 6" (5.5") Redhawk as my friends were hunting deer with handguns in NYS after a rule change.

Creek Side Gun Shop, Candidagua, NY, my first handgun. It was a really nice gun but I could not hit the broadside of a barn with that thing. I ended up selling it to a NES member about five years ago and I regretted selling it the minute I did it. And I gave the guy a great deal...

I always wanted one with the 7" barrel so I picked this up off of GB couple of weeks ago. Vintage 1982-1984..........Hopefully I can shoot it better than the last one I owned. [smile] Did the transfer at Pullman Arms in Worcester; my first visit there. Efficient and friendly. Will definitely be paying them another visit.

IMG_3886.jpg IMG_3887.jpg

Quarter Circle 10 9mm AR Lower Build, using CMMG bolt and barrel, VLTOR upper, Midwest SP-MLOK Handguard and Kineti-Tech "Silencer" Barrel Shroud to give it that "Integrally Suppressed" look. Takes Colt 9mm SMG Magazines

QC10.jpg

And this is Lola, our new 12 week old Boxer / German Shepherd mix

Lola.jpg

Some of these were actually late March purchases, and some were April.

In March, I picked up a newly manufactured Winchester (Miroku Japan) Model 92 in .357. I also picked up the Rugers, but didn't like the factory grips. Tried a couple others, and finally picked up a pair of unfinished Walnut ones off Ebay. Hit them with some 220 grit sand paper and 0000 steel wool and then applied some Watco's Danish oil. I think I got a pretty decent match with the Winchester wood.

cowboy%202_zps5iraxqmo.jpg

Picked up a tomahawk at the Foxboro show. Made by Mark McCoun. It's well made and as evidenced by the two slices in my hands, its pretty sharp too!

tomahawk%201_zpspu092rob.jpg

tomahawk%202_zpstjtsd6gp.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Chris

attachment.php

Tested my new Franklin Armory Binary trigger in my WW AR last night its awesome but needs some tweaking ..

Oh and i got this.... 2012 Rubicon Unlimted and now cant afford .223 for the binary trigger cuz its so much fun

attachment.php

Attachments

• binary.jpg
    binary.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 42
  • binary.jpg
    binary.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 439
  • jeeps.jpg
    jeeps.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 434
Last edited: