• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Approved Firearms Roster for MA Oct. 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see they now have the Glocks on there too . . .

Always have. Always will be. Always will be within the first page of comments on a new Roster. It is still not approved by the AG's secret list and isn't approved for gun shops to transfer to non-LEOs. /thread

I see they now have the Glocks on there too . . .

Not sure if trolling (Glocks have been on there for a while)... but should note that you can buy an fnx-45 now due to the last list. So they do have somewhat of an impact for people who buy guns through their MA dealers.

Last edited:
Not sure if trolling (Glocks have been on there for a while)... but should note that you can buy an fnx-45 now due to the last list. So they do have somewhat of an impact for people who buy guns through their MA dealers.

Sarcasm...

Nice to see the MKIV made the list.

Not universally. I doubt FN is declaring anyting CMR940 certified, so it only matters if your dealer ignores CMR940, and we don't talk about that here.

-Mike

Not universally. I doubt FN is declaring anyting CMR940 certified, so it only matters if your dealer ignores CMR940, and we don't talk about that here.

-Mike

Being DA/SA wouldn't the Fnx-45 comply with the heavy trigger pull noted in the CMR940 certification?

Being DA/SA wouldn't the Fnx-45 comply with the heavy trigger pull noted in the CMR940 certification?

None of that matters. What matters is FN issuing a letter stating that they believe it complies with CMR940. I don't think they've done that. Any dealer who is mindlessly obesiant of the AG regs will not sell those guns without that letter, or at least not without the distributor declaring its CMR940 OK, which typically means the distributor got that letter or at least is aware of its existence.

That having been said though, it goes without saying... ABSOLUTELY NONE OF THIS MATTERS TO YOU as a buyer. Period, end, full stop. It's not even worth polluting your brain over it. I'm not sure why but a ton of people around here are obsessed with this stupid list, etc. It's not even useful as a guideline, because there are a lot of dealers who will not reference it in any consistent or meaningful way.

-Mike

None of that matters. What matters is FN issuing a letter stating that they believe it complies with CMR940. I don't think they've done that. Any dealer who is mindlessly obesiant of the AG regs will not sell those guns without that letter, or at least not without the distributor declaring its CMR940 OK, which typically means the distributor got that letter or at least is aware of its existence.

That having been said though, it goes without saying... ABSOLUTELY NONE OF THIS MATTERS TO YOU as a buyer. Period, end, full stop. It's not even worth polluting your brain over it. I'm not sure why but a ton of people around here are obsessed with this stupid list, etc. It's not even useful as a guideline, because there are a lot of dealers who will not reference it in any consistent or meaningful way.

-Mike

Interesting, but good to know

I'm not sure why but a ton of people around here are obsessed with this stupid list, etc. It's not even useful as a guideline, because there are a lot of dealers who will not reference it in any consistent or meaningful way.

-Mike

My guess is that many of the newer shooters hear constant talk about "well is it on the list?" etc. at the dealers they visit. Many of them don't know any better assume dealers know best? Just my thoughts.

-Mike

Yup, already seen the FNs for sale several weeks ago. None of it matters.

some decent additions:
-canik TP9 SF
-more FN models but still no FNS
-ruger MK IV

-i figured it might include S&W victory 22, M&P shield 45, ruger american pistol, but nope

They're getting very tech savy I see.....

That just makes it easier for them to go back and remove things from the list. They don't have to figure out who has the original, edit it and then make another PDF. They can just carve guns off the list within seconds. [rofl]

That just makes it easier for them to go back and remove things from the list. They don't have to figure out who has the original, edit it and then make another PDF. They can just carve guns off the list within seconds. [rofl]

Except that historically, EOPS hasn't cared about doing anything like that. As a matter of fact a bunch of douchebags at Ruger legal dept. tried to get EOPS to remove guns from the list (because they feared liability due to design change blah blah some bullshit) and EOPS told them to go **** themselves basically, an approved gun is an approved gun and it's set in stone as far as the roster is concerned.

-Mike

Except that historically, EOPS hasn't cared about doing anything like that. As a matter of fact a bunch of douchebags at Ruger legal dept. tried to get EOPS to remove guns from the list (because they feared liability due to design change blah blah some bullshit) and EOPS told them to go **** themselves basically, an approved gun is an approved gun and it's set in stone as far as the roster is concerned.

-Mike

Now, if only all the MA officials thought that way. [thinking]

I like how every month the new list comes out and someone sarcastically drops the glock joke in the thread and it still catches legit responses. It's like the cash for discounted tv at Sears scam in the South Shore Plaza. Still getting bites after all these years.

I like how every month the new list comes out and someone sarcastically drops the glock joke in the thread and it still catches legit responses. It's like the cash for discounted tv at Sears scam in the South Shore Plaza. Still getting bites after all these years.

It's like this boat catching the fisherman at 1:05... gets me every time... [rofl]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom