New ammo for the Corps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would argue that door-to-door the Kriss is a better weapon. Just keep it in the Hummer. For field, yes, you need a rifle and should only carry one. This is the problem with us acting as police and military.

Just keep it in the HMMV...

[thinking]

What branch did you serve with and what was your MOS?

Exactly....I have two friends overseas who are not happy about the NATO rounds.
But your not.

I would argue that door-to-door the Kriss is a better weapon. Just keep it in the Hummer. For field, yes, you need a rifle and should only carry one. This is the problem with us acting as police and military.
What is your combat experience with this weapon, and how combat proven is it? Keep it in what hummer? The military doesnt just operate out of hummers. So you think they should carry two weapon systems, two different types of ammo. You obviously have never made a long range movement. There is nothing wrong with 5.56mm. There are better rounds out there, how ever it works, I can attest to that. If the military fielded better, more expensive rounds the stopping power issue would be solved. Then again better marksmanship programs could also help.

Really? Perhaps you and SAF can explain to us exactly when and how the UN has EVER affected our military's choice of caliber.

You drink your breakfast or come down with amnesia?

I suggest starting with the implementation of the M14 into our arsenal and reading forward from there.

Rifles I know less about, but it is certainly NATO that moved us from the .45 cal to the 9mm Beretta. Are you drawing a distinction between the UN and NATO?

Yes. As does everyone else who, unlike you, has a clue.

Yet another manifestation of your advertising your ignorance.

You drink your breakfast or come down with amnesia?

I suggest starting with the implementation of the M14 into our arsenal and reading forward from there.

I suggest you grasp such fundamental basics as the difference between the UN and NATO, oh ignorant one. Start with the fact that the M14 is chambered for f.308, which is basically an improved .30-'06; an AMERICAN caliber. Further, we urged its adoption over .303 British, 8mm and similar Euro calibers.

See above.

Last edited:
But your not.

What is your combat experience with this weapon, and how combat proven is it? Keep it in what hummer? The military doesnt just operate out of hummers. So you think they should carry two weapon systems, two different types of ammo. You obviously have never made a long range movement. There is nothing wrong with 5.56mm. There are better rounds out there, how ever it works, I can attest to that. If the military fielded better, more expensive rounds the stopping power issue would be solved. Then again better marksmanship programs could also help.

Guys....it was just on opinion....I can still have those in America, right? I've heard from numerous people and other sources they didn't like the NATO rounds. However, that is THEIR opinion as well. Now I am not someone with combat experience, so this could all be Monday morning quarterbacking.

Yes. As does everyone else who, unlike you, has a clue.

Yet another manifestation of your advertising your ignorance.

Scriv, that is what I thought you were getting at and why I mentioned it! I didn't just simply say YOU ARE WRONG. So when someone gives you the benefit of the doubt I suggest you take it.

Scriv, that is what I thought you were getting at and why I mentioned it! I didn't just simply say YOU ARE WRONG. So when someone gives you the benefit of the doubt I suggest you take it.

You geve me nothing; the natural consequence of coming to this thread empty-handed. You clearly don't know the difference between NATO and the UN. Period.

Nor have you yet learned it.

You geve me nothing; the natural consequence of coming to this thread empty-handed. You clearly don't know the difference between NATO and the UN. Period.

Nor have you yet learned it.

I don't want to get into a pissing match with you again Scriv. I had a feeling what you were getting at and simply asked your point. Let's not make a big thing out of this, okay?

I suggest you grasp such fundamental basics as the difference between the UN and NATO, oh ignorant one. Start with the fact that the M14 is chambered for f.308, which is basically an improved .30-'06; an AMERICAN caliber. Further, we urged its adoption over .303 British, 8mm and similar Euro calibers.

See above.

You make me laugh. Really? .308? you mean the 7.62 X 51mm NATO round that we went with in that rifle to be more compliant?

Or how about the 9MM Beretta M9 that we went with as well to to be compliant?

Which is it?

You make me laugh. Really? .308? you mean the 7.62 X 51mm NATO round that we went with in that rifle to be more compliant?

WE went with a caliber WE developed to "be more compliant?" TSTL........

Or how about the 9MM Beretta M9 that we went with as well to to be compliant?

Which is it?

UN or NATO - "which is its?"

Get a clue; THEN get back to us.

That round was entirely US developed and beat out European competitors... That's right, the entire free world used a US cartridge and much of it still does. The rest of the free world uses another US developed cartridge.

Scriv, I think you're misreading what I was saying in my first post. I was referring to the U.N. that is constantly investigating what our troops are doing.

I NEVER said that the UN had any influence on our decision as to what caliber our military shoots. I said "the UN might get upset" or something akin to that, I don't care to go back to look to quote exactly.

Anyways, I was referring to the UN constantly probing into and trying to interfere with the operations of our military.

You should know better than to infer what people are saying without asking for clarification first.

any "dot-com" is NOT an Offical website, endorsed or used by Dept. of Defense for anything....

the moon is going to crash into the earth....

Scriv, thanks for the neg rep. [laugh2][laugh] You really are a bitter little man sometimes.

So, still waiting for you to explain the implementation of the M9 into our arsenal and the reason behind it....

Scriv, I think you're misreading what I was saying in my first post. I was referring to the U.N. that is constantly investigating what our troops are doing.

I NEVER said that the UN had any influence on our decision as to what caliber our military shoots. I said "the UN might get upset" or something akin to that, I don't care to go back to look to quote exactly.

Well, I did what you were too lazy to: Find out what you actually said:

but... but.. those bigger bullets might KILL the enemy. And the UN will be upset.

Hence my direct and specific challenge to cite ONE instance of the UN affecting the adoption of ANY caliber by this country, ore even NATO.

Anyways, I was referring to the UN constantly probing into and trying to interfere with the operations of our military.

Irrelevant to the question asked and discussed. Repeatedly.

You should know better than to infer what p[eople are saying without asking for clarification first.

It WAS asked. You failed to provide it - until this belated, if not inadequate, rationalization.

Scriv, thanks for the neg rep. [laugh2][laugh] You really are a bitter little man sometimes.

You're welcome. You earned it. Better bitter than willfully ignorant and/or terminally obtuse.

So, still waiting for you to explain the implementation of the M9 into our arsenal and the reason behind it....

Still waiting for you to grasp the difference between the UN and NATO. Assuming you can.

Tick, tick, tick..........

Mike, I have NEVER gotten negative reputation points. We are simply having a discussion here and I even asked if Scriv. and I could NOT get into a fight. Scriv. also gave me negative feedback and I AM NOT HAPPY. Not everyone will agree with me, but I am always open to a discussion and often I learn from the experience. Enough is enough.....this guy has been kicked off several times for obvious reasons. He is now going to trash our reputations? I say we all trash his. BAN SCRIV.

Last edited:
any "dot-com" is NOT an Offical website, endorsed or used by Dept. of Defense for anything....

the moon is going to crash into the earth....

Navy.com is an official site. So is GoArmy.com and Marines.com

Last edited:
Mike, I have NEVER gotten negative reputation points. We are simply having a discussion here and I even asked if Scriv. and I could not get into a fight. Scriv. also gave me negative feedback and I AM NOT HAPPY. Not everyone will agree with me, but I am always open to a discussion and often I learn from the experience. Enough is enough.....this guy has been kicked off several times for obvious reasons. He is now going to trash our reputations? I say we all trash his. BAN SCRIV.

Would you like another tampon with that?

This thread has really fallen off the cliff.

Mike, I have NEVER gotten negative reputation points. We are simply having a discussion here and I even asked if Scriv. and I could not get into a fight. Scriv. also gave me negative feedback and I AM NOT HAPPY. Not everyone will agree with me, but I am always open to a discussion and often I learn from the experience. Enough is enough.....this guy has been kicked off several times for obvious reasons. He is now going to trash our reputations? I say we all trash his. BAN SCRIV.

Ohh boy from the well educated discussion about 5.56 to crying bout rep points. Its an online forum, this is rather pathetic.

Navy.com is an official site. So is GoArmy.com and Marines.com

for recruiting purposes, sure.

if the Army Times, Air Force Times ect... and any of the "military dot-com" 's were true, we'd have robots and UAVs as standard issue.... [wink]

Ohh boy from the well educated discussion about 5.56 to crying bout rep points. Its an online forum, this is rather pathetic.

Dude, I expressed an opinion....and got attacked as a result. WTF??? I have been wrong plenty of times and am willing to admit that. By sharing information don't we all further our education?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom