• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Addition

JonJ

NES Member
This is why I was selling my PolyTech M14.
Springfield M1A Loaded Standard. Like new condition, maybe 50 rnds fired. The sling is MRT marked. Got from a co-worker. After selling the Poly, it cost me $50 out of pocket.
sam1a.jpg

Nickle said:
Do you sleep nights?

Well, congrats on the purchase, and thanks for posting the pic.
Thanks guys.
Ya, I can sleep pretty well. He came in with it one day and asked if I wanted to buy it. I told him that it was too much for me. He said he was going to take it to the local gun shop and see what they would give him. I told him they wouldn't give him what it was worth and offered to sell it for him on an auction site or internet board. I told him what I thought it was worth. He took it to the shop and they offered him $800. He told me, and I told him "told ya so". So he offered it to me for $900. I even asked him if he was sure. He said he was.

Oh, since he came up with the price, OK, then.

My Fed Ord M14 is an early one, all USGI, except the receiver.

Paid $800 at a gun show for it, private sale, his price, I didn't haggle. Had less than a box or 2 of ammo run through it, TE'd ZERO after about a years use.

This one was built spring of '98 and has USGI trigger group, bolt, and sights. Not sure about the barrel yet. It's marked NM.308 but I haven't taken the top HG off to see who made it.
Ya, he came up with the price after I told him that if I sold it online for him, it would bring over $1K.

Sorry Lynne [roll]
And it's not really an addition because it's replacing the Poly. I wouldn't have been able to buy it without selling the Poly.

Back
Top Bottom