• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Action From ARC - Coup De Grâce

If you happen to like nicer bolt guns for shooting games like PRS, American Rifle Company is releasing a new lower price point 3 lug action. While most of the industry is raising prices, this action looks to be solid and a relative bargin at $899. Companies like ARC bring repeatability in precision allowing you to order an action, source a barrel from the many custom barrel companies out there, add a reminigton 700 pattern trigger and stock / chassis and throw the whole thing together on your living room floor. I own a pair of ARC actions and love them more than any other long gun I have ever owned. (My 6mm creedmoor with a SiCo can on it shoot laser beams.

1673442625731.png

Ted is a legit genius, but tends to ramble a bit. They did this video a few years ago with one of their other actions and built the gun at the range...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqZslhd3plc

Last edited:
If you happen to like nicer bolt guns for shooting games like PRS, American Rifle Company is releasing a new lower price point 3 lug action. While most of the industry is raising prices, this action looks to be solid and a relative bargin at $899. Companies like ARC bring repeatability in precision allowing you to order an action, source a barrel from the many custom barrel companies out there, add a reminigton 700 pattern trigger and stock / chassis and throw the whole thing together on your living room floor. I own a pair of ARC actions and love them more than any other long gun I have ever owned. (My 6mm creedmoor with a SiCo can on it shoot laser beams.

Ted is a legit genius, but tends to ramble a bit. They did this video a few years ago with one of their other actions and built the gun at the range...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqZslhd3plc

totally lovable how he marries precision action to the barrel right on the ground stepping with his foot on the barrel and torquing it down to 150. :)
awesome, that`s how you do it.

Requiring a coned breech barrel makes me want to wait and see who starts offering prefits for them. I have no doubt it's going to be one of the best actions on the market. Ted is brilliant.

Requiring a coned breech barrel makes me want to wait and see who starts offering prefits for them. I have no doubt it's going to be one of the best actions on the market. Ted is brilliant.
What are you going to be building ? With what barrel?

That was my hesitation as well. But with what seems like a huge number of pre orders, I’m hoping there will be some good pre fits. If not then I guess I’ll need to work with some smiths for barrels.

It just seems to check off a lot of boxes and at a good price. We’ll see how it goes.

I‘m not sure what I’m going to build yet, but I’ll have more than enough time to figure it out. Im not expecting to get this for a year. I ordered a Left Handed Short Action .473 Bolt face

I ordered one to make a lightweight 308 since I already have a heavy manbun. Price is probably going to go up about $200 after pre order period since this is replacing the Archimedes.

I was putting away funds to order up a Terminus Zeus QC action, but decided to give these a try. We'll see if that was a bad decision or not whenever they end up hitting the market.

Only worked the bolt a couple of times…. But it’s smooth. Very smooth. Definitely nicer than my Tikkas.

Got it over two months ago. Still haven’t ordered a parts to do anything with it.

Funny part is how some people were hoping to get low serial numbers but it’s some long thing that looks like it includes year/month/day/number.

Back
Top Bottom