• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions September 2018

After a year of waiting, EWK Arms finally made more muzzle brakes for Dan Wesson revolvers. Had one for my 44 mag but not for my 357, until it arrived today. Gave it a quick test at the range earlier.

The muzzle flash from my 125 gr reloads were too much for the fiber optic rod! Burnt the end. Didn’t run into this with my 44 brake for some reason.
View attachment 247329
View attachment 247330
View attachment 247337
View attachment 247327
View attachment 247328

Whoa, that's a thing? $65 seems like too low a price for that. Considering this...

Whoa, that's a thing? $65 seems like too low a price for that. Considering this...
Yeah it’s a pretty good deal I’d say. He tries his best to help fellow DW fanatics when it comes to pricing. The quality of this brake is outstanding. He is super talented.

After a year of waiting, EWK Arms finally made more muzzle brakes for Dan Wesson revolvers. Had one for my 44 mag but not for my 357, until it arrived today. Gave it a quick test at the range earlier.

The muzzle flash from my 125 gr reloads were too much for the fiber optic rod! Burnt the end. Didn’t run into this with my 44 brake for some reason.
View attachment 247329
View attachment 247330
View attachment 247337
View attachment 247327
View attachment 247328
@jpm you need to buy a muzzle brake;)

Medium Big Green Egg.

On Deck
IMG_20180922_164156.jpg

Getting the charcoal started
IMG_20180923_124955.jpg

First run
IMG_20180923_132953.jpg IMG_20180923_134821.jpg

7.4# turkey breast section a bit into the process.
IMG_20180923_173900.jpg

It's done (~6 hour cook time)...
IMG_20180923_193441.jpg

In a bit I'll take the meat off the bones and it will be sammiches for the week. I'll be doing one of these each week. Talked with the meat manager at the Hannaford I go to and he'll get me a case of the turkey breast sections even when they are not normally getting them in (they stop in the spring, and start again in September).

I'm also going to see about using the BGE instead of my gas grill as much as possible. I know there will be times where that's just not feasible (weather conditions more than anything).

Finally received my X95 from Great Road, UPS delivered the rifle to the WRONG address last Thursday. WTF? Went to the 25M range at Harvard, lifted the front and rear sights, loaded 3rds into the 10rd PMAG that came with the rifle, pulled the cocking handle and let the bolt fly and I get a double feed. WTF? retract the bolt, drop mag and shake out the 2nd round and eject the 1st round. Load 1 rd into the mag, load rifle, place barrel in bench rest and BOOM! repeated this 5 more times and all rounds into the black on a pistol target. Not bad for the crappy sights, my SIG ROMEO 5 should arrive today. Rifle is heavier than my M-4 especially in the back, also waiting on a Zahal sling.
I'll purchase the Giessele drop in trigger next month and we should be good to go.

Haven't posted in a while...been a busy few weeks for me.

I picked up a very nice 4" Model 66-1 earlier this month which looked basically unfired. Sad to say it's taken me so long to get my first S&W revolver but fortunately I got a really good deal on it from a LGS. I'm glad I picked this one up because it's such a sweet shooter. I can see why revolver guys love these older Smiths.

20180911_162101.jpg

Here's the reason why I've been so busy lately....my wife and I had our first child at the end of August. Meet Sam! He was born at 35 weeks at a healthy 6lbs 10oz and 18 inches long. Since he was early he had a two week stint in the NICU to make sure his lungs were fully developed and he could feed on his own. Once he figured out how to feed we were able to bring him home. Other than being early he's a perfectly healthy newborn coming up on his 1 month birthday.

20180910_180950.jpg

Here's the reason why I've been so busy lately....my wife and I had our first child at the end of August. Meet Sam! He was born at 35 weeks at a healthy 6lbs 10oz and 18 inches long. Since he was early he had a two week stint in the NICU to make sure his lungs were fully developed and he could feed on his own. Once he figured out how to feed we were able to bring him home. Other than being early he's a perfectly healthy newborn coming up on his 1 month birthday.

View attachment 248344

Congratulations to you and the Mrs.! Glad Sam figured out how to feed. [party]

I picked up a very nice 4" Model 66-1 earlier this month which looked basically unfired. Sad to say it's taken me so long to get my first S&W revolver but fortunately I got a really good deal on it from a LGS. I'm glad I picked this one up because it's such a sweet shooter. I can see why revolver guys love these older Smiths.

View attachment 248343

View attachment 248344
Congratulations!!!

View attachment 248343

View attachment 248344
Congratulations! Glad to hear everything went well, my lil sister was in the NICU when I first met her.

I love that shirt too!

Finally received my X95 from Great Road, UPS delivered the rifle to the WRONG address last Thursday. WTF? Went to the 25M range at Harvard, lifted the front and rear sights, loaded 3rds into the 10rd PMAG that came with the rifle, pulled the cocking handle and let the bolt fly and I get a double feed. WTF? retract the bolt, drop mag and shake out the 2nd round and eject the 1st round. Load 1 rd into the mag, load rifle, place barrel in bench rest and BOOM! repeated this 5 more times and all rounds into the black on a pistol target. Not bad for the crappy sights, my SIG ROMEO 5 should arrive today. Rifle is heavier than my M-4 especially in the back, also waiting on a Zahal sling.
I'll purchase the Giessele drop in trigger next month and we should be good to go.

So . . . it's a bolt action X95?

First firearm purchase, Sig P320C. Very happy with the first 200 rounds...

wxkYUAK

wxkYUAK

Attachments

• IMG_20180929_135318.jpg
    IMG_20180929_135318.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 39
Let's see.... Got an upper/lower "live free or die" set from McPherson's last week. Ordered a 14.5" Ballistic Advantage performance and a 3 prong flash hider (because brakes/comps are for girls), and ordered a 13" Geissele SMR MK8, which comes with a gas block. I'll order a BCM lower parts kit with their buffalo cum coated trigger next week. I'm undecided if I'll go with a B5 SOPMOD or BCM stock, but that'll be in October anyway.

Completely forgot to mention that I I added another 450 rds of IMI green tips to the precious metal collection.

Made my first trip to Four Seasons on Saturday. Came home with a used ("unfired") Sig P229 in 9mm w/night sights. Just waiting for the JHPs to come in so I can bring it to the range.

Attachments

• IMG_20181001_095144365~2.jpg
    IMG_20181001_095144365~2.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom