New Acquisitions - September 2015

New EDC courtesy of Benchmade.

HK_1.jpg

I've got one of those. Probably my favorite knife to EDC.

You'll have to let us know what you think of it. I've got a Grip with the tanto blade and Axis lock that I like really well. I've eyed the H&K Benchmade series quite a bit.

I think it is a great knife so far. Really smooth opening and closing, razor sharp out of the box and the scales are unbelievably grippy. So much so that I will likely sand down one side so it doesn't chew up my pants. This is the smaller one, I will likely get the larger version as I like the knife so much. The Axis lock is fantastic as well, just pull it back a little and the blade swings out with no effort at all, same for closing.

I think it is a great knife so far. Really smooth opening and closing, razor sharp out of the box and the scales are unbelievably grippy. So much so that I will likely sand down one side so it doesn't chew up my pants. This is the smaller one, I will likely get the larger version as I like the knife so much. The Axis lock is fantastic as well, just pull it back a little and the blade swings out with no effort at all, same for closing.
Sounds awesome!

Beautiful pre-model 18. Those K22's from the 1950's are some of my favorite revolvers. Here is an unfired one (other than in the factory) with a 6-inch barrel.

picked up this beautiful s&w k22, made sometime in the early 50's. i just love the look of blueing and wood. only thing that perplexes me, maybe someone can comment, is the serial nu,beds on it. bottom of the grip, underneath the barrel and on the cylinder all have the same serial number but when the cylinder is open the number in there is different. is that usual? I'm not sure. can post a pic if it'd help. thanks in advance gents!

Beautiful pre-model 18. Those K22's from the 1950's are some of my favorite revolvers. Here is an unfired one (other than in the factory) with a 6-inch barrel.

samand, took my k22 to the range today, had a hard time loading rounds into 4 of 6 chambers. then once fired, extracting them was also very difficult. only had winchester white box 22lr with me so will have to try another brand, but is this something others have experienced. beautiful 6 in you've got there by the way!

WOW both such beautiful guns. Sometimes I feel I need to sell my stainless full lug guns and get all blue half lugs.....
.... then I realize I just need both!

samand, took my k22 to the range today, had a hard time loading rounds into 4 of 6 chambers. then once fired, extracting them was also very difficult. only had winchester white box 22lr with me so will have to try another brand, but is this something others have experienced. beautiful 6 in you've got there by the way!

The old K22's are known for having tight chambers. It is common practice to use standard velocity ammo instead of faster stuff. Also, WWB always seems to give me problems. I've had luck with regular Federal plinking stuff, but your best bet is to try a bunch and see what it likes best. Good luck.

K22s are beautiful guns. Run only SV thru it. See if you can find some CCI or Aguila SV ammo to feed it.

I don't know if this applies to your situation, so please consider context carefully.

I have a S&W 617 10 shot rimfire revolver with very close tolerances. When I use it to shoot pins, part of the run is a mandatory reload, and any sort of fouling from prior runs makes the reload difficult. So, I and everyone else shooting revolvers brush out the cylinders between runs. When I clean the gun at home, I do so thoroughly, paying particular attention to the cylinder. When I first got it, I went so far as to very gently spin a copper cleaning brush through each cylinder hole with a lowspeed drillmotor to "burnish" it.

Finally picked up an SKS this month along with one of these:

897e63fbe67f42a5788df5083ed20d81

A Bully Adapter for running a Lee Multi-tube bullet feeder with a Hornady die. So far it works lie a charm.

Model 17-7 with serial prefix BRF found at LGS

According to the SCSW 3rd Edition: "200 assembled with a stainless cylinder with two-tone features, with 6" full-lug barrel; Model 17-7, serial prefix of "BRF" and "BRC"; product code 100509, 1994."

Model 17.jpg

Eventually hanging out in a barbershop will get you a haircut. In this case if you go to a gun shop routinely you will buy a gun! Today was no exception; there were two pistols that that peaked my interests; I settled on this High Standard Sentinel .22 short, .22 long, or .22 long rifle! It is "like new, in box"; it came with all the factory paperwork; the original sales receipt, including a $.70 box of ammo was under $67 dollars! It also came with a Sears marked Hunter styled holster.

This revolver, marked SENTINEL on the left side of the barrel is a 9 shot, nickeled snub nosed revolver and feels good in the hand. I would really be nice if it could chamber .22 Magnums as well.

box_sentinel.jpg

cylinder.jpg

R108_left.jpg

sears_holstered.jpg

R108_right.jpg

sears_holster.jpg

Not a gun, but somewhat special to me. I recently acquired a 1769 Spanish Pillar dollar at a very reasonable price. The time or price had never been right before. When I bought my first copy of the famous "Red Book of Coins" coin guide as a 10 year old or so, the opening picture over the introduction was and still is the Pillar Dollar - "America's First Silver Dollar". I thought, wow, I would really like one of those - this was back during the Bicentennial. I made a little photo collage of the coins and some Continental currency (1775-1779) and a Massachusetts State Colonial note from 1780. At the time, our Continental and Colonial currency states that the bills were to be redeemed in Spanish milled dollars. This large Spanish coin was the international currency of the day as were the Roman Denarius and Greek Drachma before it. As for contemporary value, two 8-Reale pieces could buy a cow. We took the pillar and banner off the design for our $ symbol. These coins were sometimes literally cut in halves and quarters when change was scarce; half a coin was 4 bits and a quarter coin 2 bits. Hence "shave and a hair cut 2 bits" or 25 cents. The small coin at the top is a 1-Reale piece. I've been collecting coins and currency for 40 years. I've too many expensive hobbies.

Would you hate me if I told you I have found 2 of those with my metal detector (1717 and 1804) and 3 smaller denominations ? 1719 1755 and another I can't recall.

Glad to see another follower of two is one , and one is none for edc

Its how i justify 3 glock 19's though one i bought to customize , (post above) incase i messed it up i still had 2.

Umm well the austrian proofmarked 19 about 800$

My custom 19, 700 ,

The one sitting in the safe.. i will let its future owner determine the price.. as i plan to give it to my brother along with a norinco 1911 when he gets his license .. if ever.. as a finally you joined the gun community present

Back
Top Bottom