• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions - September 2015

36c8824f4c57e609e834532441717a0a_zpssjz1miun.jpg
[/IMG]

G42

Phoenix Trinity Thumb Rest Slide Stop

Just got the thumb rest today. Dropped right in and seems nice. I'm looking forward to trying it out at the range.

I'll probably profile it back on the left side after using it for a while and seeing how it feels.

Wow, nice! Is this one of the rare pre-ban imports?

No it's a Louisiana fish and game trade it. Still fairly rare though, got one of the last ones. This was an armory back up rifle, it was discounted due to the scratch on the side.

Just picked up this Winchester Model 94 Buffalo Bill Commemorative 30-30 carbine. Unfired

Attachments

• pix453592828.jpg
    pix453592828.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 34
  • pix139021078.jpg
    pix139021078.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 37
  • pix230543004.jpg
    pix230543004.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Not something I bought but stuff I found amongst my fathers things lately.

Barrel change tool, barrel gap tool, owners manual and a DW patch. Also found the origional DW wood grip, Didnt even realize the one on it wad a old Pachmeyer grip. Found the SKS booklet and that metal tin which smells highly of gun oil.

Attachments

• 20150907_120445.jpg
    20150907_120445.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 95
Picked up this Savage model 10 Tactic for a song, funny thing is this is. Second time I picked it up for a song. I originally bought it for super short money, a couple years ago. My buddy fell in love with it so I sold it to him for what I paid. Here we are a couple years later and she's mine again! Going to look into making it a project and want to add a detachable box mag and thread the barrel for a compensator, and at some point ditch the BSA scope for something very nice....
Lastly plan on a bedded classic walnut stock.
396c0d6b66ca9f416bdcc8e5b62b0e29.jpg
810fbddd72e19f6b64c925ab2bc52c83.jpg
0013bbf33149fe4167d937a28d42bad7.jpg

Arrived today one month and one day after ordering. Two Alien Gear holsters. These are my first hybrid holsters and so far I'm impressed. they're for a full sized M&P 9mm and a SIG P320 9mm compact. So far I've only tried wearing the P320 and the first thing I noticed was how thin is felt. I guess having the clips off to the side rather than on top of the gun makes a big difference. I also like the stability. The only drawback it it's harder to put on, but I'm sure I'll get used to that.

Alien Gear.jpg

'Technically' this was acquired the last day of August, but I finally got to shoot it today. My first (ever) gun: CZ 75B OMEGA
Gotta say I'm in love so far!

It's not a gun but what can you do...

The girls wanted a kitten. Gisele here is about 10 weeks old....

ry%3D400

This picture she wouldn't stay still. seemed more interested in the camera.

ry%3D400

That is really nice,the closest I could get to one was the 551-A1,but finding pre-ban mags was very hard.So I got the 556 lower,and can use AR mags.

No it's a Louisiana fish and game trade it. Still fairly rare though, got one of the last ones. This was an armory back up rifle, it was discounted due to the scratch on the side.

Can you explain what that means, Matt? I always loved the SGs, even bought a 522, which really isn't a good substitute.

picked up this beautiful s&w k22, made sometime in the early 50's. i just love the look of blueing and wood. only thing that perplexes me, maybe someone can comment, is the serial nu,beds on it. bottom of the grip, underneath the barrel and on the cylinder all have the same serial number but when the cylinder is open the number in there is different. is that usual? I'm not sure. can post a pic if it'd help. thanks in advance gents!

when the cylinder is open the number in there is different.

Those are assembly numbers.... no worries there.......Nice combat masterpiece.

The target hammer trigger and red insert may not be as shipped it was common to change those

It's not a gun but what can you do...

The girls wanted a kitten. Gisele here is about 10 weeks old....

ry%3D400

This picture she wouldn't stay still. seemed more interested in the camera.

ry%3D400
Beautiful kitten. One of ours is a tortie and she's an awesome cat. Very affectionate and sweet.

when the cylinder is open the number in there is different.

Those are assembly numbers.... no worries there.......Nice combat masterpiece.

The target hammer trigger and red insert may not be as shipped it was common to change those

thanks for the help on the numbers question! cheers. Ill have to do some reading about the red insert and target hammer, i didn't even realize it was a different hammer, but immediately liked the red insert.

Not a gun, but somewhat special to me. I recently acquired a 1769 Spanish Pillar dollar at a very reasonable price. The time or price had never been right before. When I bought my first copy of the famous "Red Book of Coins" coin guide as a 10 year old or so, the opening picture over the introduction was and still is the Pillar Dollar - "America's First Silver Dollar". I thought, wow, I would really like one of those - this was back during the Bicentennial. I made a little photo collage of the coins and some Continental currency (1775-1779) and a Massachusetts State Colonial note from 1780.

At the time, our Continental and Colonial currency states that the bills were to be redeemed in Spanish milled dollars. This large Spanish coin was the international currency of the day as were the Roman Denarius and Greek Drachma before it. As for contemporary value, two 8-Reale pieces could buy a cow. We took the pillar and banner off the design for our $ symbol. These coins were sometimes literally cut in halves and quarters when change was scarce; half a coin was 4 bits and a quarter coin 2 bits. Hence "shave and a hair cut 2 bits" or 25 cents. The small coin at the top is a 1-Reale piece.

I've been collecting coins and currency for 40 years. I've too many expensive hobbies.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom