New Acquisitions October

Serapis

Navy Veteran
I'll start this show off. Just picked up my Pre-64 model 94 from rebluing from Greg Derr. Awesome awesome job. This was my wife's grandfathers rifle. We left the wood alone to give it character, but the wood is near perfect for it's age. I don't think I've ever been more excited for a firearm.

faf31b77c3c996da2c77d73039c6ca8c.jpg
ca6d3774f462a10ac5aa39a9f93687cd.jpg
4209e41a53403eb979f43c850a381646.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll start this show off. Just picked up my Pre-64 model 94 from rebluing from Greg Derr. Awesome awesome job. This was my wife's grandfathers rifle. We left the wood alone to give it character, but the wood is near perfect for it's age. I don't think I've ever been more excited for a firearm.

If you don't mind me asking what did that cost? I have a couple of 50s vintage 336s and I have been toying with getting them reblued.

$300, but I had him fix the sights too. Well worth it if you ask me. It had some rust. You cannot tell that it was ever there. Smooth and blue.

Got this C96 Mauser Pistol. Very few markings except for top and import marks. Not sure age or version. Any help would be appreciated. I think it was worth the $500

c96_right.jpgc96_left.jpgc96_top.jpgc96_top_rear.jpg

This was from a real collector who because of health has been institutionalized. Guns sold off by family.

Last edited:
WOW, what a nice and early one!
You may want to search for "large ring", that's how the model has been named nafter the form of the hammer.
500 bucks is a damned good price for her, congratulations!

No firearms. Yet. But picking up ammo (when I can) and parts for current firearms.

So far a pair of Mosin slings. We only have one Mosin but it is so much fun to shoot that I might get another. The sight is a Mossberg S331 for a 144LSA (late 40's - early 50's .22 target rifle). I have a replacement sight on mine but this is the original rear sight. The white can is Renaissance Wax. The S&W collectors crowd swears by this stuff to protect your firearms, especially the older ones. And then I was out looking for .22lr ammo and this was all I could find.

IMG_0534_zpsdc9cd0d7.jpg

No firearms. Yet. But picking up ammo (when I can) and parts for current firearms.

So far a pair of Mosin slings. We only have one Mosin but it is so much fun to shoot that I might get another. The sight is a Mossberg S331 for a 144LSA (late 40's - early 50's .22 target rifle). I have a replacement sight on mine but this is the original rear sight. The white can is Renaissance Wax. The S&W collectors crowd swears by this stuff to protect your firearms, especially the older ones. And then I was out looking for .22lr ammo and this was all I could find.

IMG_0534_zpsdc9cd0d7.jpg
A+ on your new buy but please don't tell me you paid 49.99 for that ammo?

After waiting forever for my LTC renewal I picked up a K31 that had been sitting at my FFL.

IMG_20141003_140948567_HDR_zps42af35f8.jpg

First 9 shots @ 100 yds:

IMG_20141003_214430139_zps81a97d9b.jpg

Had an ejection issue (wouldn't eject) so I tore it apart cleaned her up tonight, lots of gunk keeping the ejector from moving freely so hopefully that solves it.

Also picked up a VP9. [smile]

A+ on your new buy but please don't tell me you paid 49.99 for that ammo?

Okay, I won't tell you that.

Unfortunately shooting over-priced ammo is a bit better than sitting at the range, looking at your .22s and wishing you had some normal-priced ammo to shoot.

However I have a chance to correct that situation later today. [wink]

Just picked up my first Block. Haha auto correct so I'll leave it as it fits the same. G3 36 shoots as soft as sr9c, sights leave something to be desired
7yvete4u.jpg
4une2uva.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

It's not for everyone. It's the only gun I've ever traded, but to each his own. It's a chunky bitch. Get the G19 next.

Just picked up my first Block. Haha auto correct so I'll leave it as it fits the same. G3 36 shoots as soft as sr9c, sights leave something to be desired
7yvete4u.jpg
4une2uva.jpg

Congrats! that one is on my list

7yvete4u.jpg
4une2uva.jpg

That's my primary EDC. thousands of rounds through it and no problems. Enjoy!

ETA: I recommend the Pearce +0 magazine baseplates and have them on all my Glock 36 mags.

http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/GLOCK/PG-360

Last edited:
Sweet! I want to pick up the bobtail version so bad...

I had that one in my hand first but the grip was too short. The round butt starts curving before the end of my palm and I don't have huge hands just average hands. It didn't feel right. So I asked if he had a PC with no bobtail and he says "I think I have one out back somewhere let me look. It's a full size model". So I think "No. Could he be bringing out the stainless one with the blue grips?". I had been drooling over it every time I go to the Smith site. He opens the case and there it is. SOLD! [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom