New Acquisitions October 2019

Just purchased a new mattress. Will be delivered on Friday (with the old one taken away) for free. Got 5 years 0% financing on it. Not that I'll take that long to pay it off.

Late last week my back started bothering me after sleeping on the old one. Knew it was time to get a new one. Old one is just over 10 years old. I managed to find one way to sleep on the old mattress that won't make my back want to murder me the next day. SO I'll be ok for the two more nights on it.

-update- I got to the store (Bernie & Phyl's in Trashua) not much before 8pm tonight. Was out again not even 10 minutes later. Called "manshopping" when you don't F around just go in, pick what you want, and the GTFO of there. I did it tonight since I KNEW that if I didn't it would be unlikely to get it delivered before sometime next week. Might have happened Saturday, but no guarantee with the extra day in the mix. Things like this, it doesn't pay to delay. I only wish I had been able to get over there earlier in the week.

Last edited:
I get that. I use mine a ton, spring, fall, flower beds, blowing out sheds, garages, gutters, drying the car whatever. I have leaves big time. I buy the biggest I can get and it saves me hours of time.

Plus, There is good resale, My BR 550 was the biggest thing out there 7 years ago. I just sold it for what I paid for it years ago.

Use good gas a stabilizer and mine fires right up every time, whether it sits 3 weeks or 6 months. There is no additional maintenance a 2 dollar plug change and an air filter every 2-3 years is all I ever had to do.

In 7-8 years I know ill have the same blower, still running mint. I really question if those batteries will still be working correctly. I get 5 years out of power tool batteries usually at most. Replacing a 60v cannot be cheap
IF I used a leaf blower that much, I'd have a gas one too. Or if I had enough area to blow that the one I now have wouldn't work well, I'd get a gas one. When I move to my own house, I might end up getting a gas powered one depending on the needs. I won't rule it out, it just doesn't work well for me.

I've had good luck with Lithium Ion batteries to date. This is the first 60v tool I've bought. But, these batteries will also work in my 20v DeWalt tools. So I'll be able to use them often enough.

I do like how much less noise the battery one generates. As well as stink. ;) Plus, I can let mom borrow it and not worry about her messing up some aspect. Or having trouble starting it. Although a backpack type is more than she would use. I wouldn't bother with a hand held gas version. We had one in FL for the grass trimmings there. It did ok, but the battery powered one I have now is at least 50x more machine.

Pants.

I got pants.

That's all I got this month. :(

Frank

How silly of me! I just remembered that I did buy something else this month! Probably because it hasn't been delivered yet, it totally slipped my mind. But I got a call today that it's being delivered on Monday, so that jogged my memory. It's a new Zanotti modular gun safe, although it's just the Z1 model...the only size that would fit in the closet where it's going to be installed. Can't wait!

Frank

Following the recent 'storm' we lost power for a few days, providing a perfect opportunity to identify opportunities to be a little more prepared.

Lots of good feedback here and elsewhere on the Jackery, so I went with their Explorer 500 model (that, and the fact it was on sale for $429.99 at the time)

Hope you're not going by Amazon reviews cause Fakespot gives them an F:

Fakespot | Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 500 518wh Outdoor Mobile Lithium Battery Fake Review and Counterfeit Analysis

Back
Top Bottom