New Acquisitions October 2019

No pix. Glock 48. Shocking firearm. I've always felt that a 9/40 Glock was fine. A bit blocky but I can manage.

Holding it for about 2 min and a G19 feels like a G30. It's a BRICK! I wonder how it will shoot in comparison?

Especially showoff when the price difference between the m82 vs 107 and the minimal differences. But still cool as hell.

The 107 is lighter and can be suppressed, thats not all that minimal i think. I dont have a can yet but i will likely end up with one.

The 107 is lighter and can be suppressed, thats not all that minimal i think. I dont have a can yet but i will likely end up with one.
I knew about the weight reduction but considered it nonissue for range use in the US, but did not know about the suppression difference. The more you know.

Received (Stamp approved): Surefire Socom RC2 and SiCo Spectre II
Purchased: Dead Air Wolverine and Omega 9K. Recent Form 4 approval times made me do it.

Bought a true leaf blower on Saturday. Came with one battery and bought two (60v 9Ah) more. Did the entire yard on about two batteries worth of charge.
IMG_20191020_122553.jpg

Compared with the blower I used last season, this one is a significant upgrade. What took me at least an hour to hour and a half before was done in about 30 minutes. Plus it took care of the old leaves in the back (not done last season) without issue.

I got a 629-6 from a fellow member. Been looking for a woods carry gun at a reasonable price and it showed up.
Need to finish my Colt Super 38.

As for non gun related. Waiting for the call to pick up my 20 Ski Doo 850.

Last edited:
Don't leave us hanging man!

Dress pants? Jeans? Khakis? Slim/regular/relaxed fit? Stretchy waist? Color? Size?

WE NEED DETAILS!

Also pics.

product-image-575444897_1024x1024_6f5dffae-6508-4996-afed-b3a6e68da76f_900x.jpg

No pix. Glock 48. Shocking firearm. I've always felt that a 9/40 Glock was fine. A bit blocky but I can manage.

Holding it for about 2 min and a G19 feels like a G30. It's a BRICK! I wonder how it will shoot in comparison?

Love mine too. Everything except the way the mag rocks forward and backward.

FNH SPR A5M XP. Not too popular anymore but just about the perfect tactical style bolt rifle to me: Trued Winchester action, heavy fluted 20” barrel with 1:10 twist, McMillan A5 stock, detachable mags.

Topped it with a Bushnell DMR II-i 3.5-21x50 scope. Added a Harris bipod, APA brake and TAB Gear sling. Done!

View attachment 308833

Thats one hell of a stick dude, i have an SPR A3G and it shoots 1/2 minute all day. You essentially have a GAP/M40A3 there, feed it some gold medal match and you'll be a happy man.

Bought a true leaf blower on Saturday. Came with one battery and bought two (60v 9Ah) more. Did the entire yard on about two batteries worth of charge.
View attachment 308811

Compared with the blower I used last season, this one is a significant upgrade. What took me at least an hour to hour and a half before was done in about 30 minutes. Plus it took care of the old leaves in the back (not done last season) without issue.

Not enough rails and TOTALLY lacking optics!!!

RC

View attachment 308811

I just bought a Stihl BR800. It doesnt need batteries.

I just bought a Stihl BR800. It doesnt need batteries.
I use the blower maybe 3 times/days a year. Not worth getting a gas powered one with the additional maintenance tasks required due to how long it will sit idle. Plus, I can use the 60V flex volt batteries in my 20v tools.

I use the blower maybe 3 times/days a year. Not worth getting a gas powered one with the additional maintenance tasks required due to how long it will sit idle. Plus, I can use the 60V flex volt batteries in my 20v tools.

Curious, how big is your yard? I've got the 20v version and I can't even manage half my front yard on one 5ah battery.

I get that. I use mine a ton, spring, fall, flower beds, blowing out sheds, garages, gutters, drying the car whatever. I have leaves big time. I buy the biggest I can get and it saves me hours of time.

Plus, There is good resale, My BR 550 was the biggest thing out there 7 years ago. I just sold it for what I paid for it years ago.

Use good gas a stabilizer and mine fires right up every time, whether it sits 3 weeks or 6 months. There is no additional maintenance a 2 dollar plug change and an air filter every 2-3 years is all I ever had to do.

In 7-8 years I know ill have the same blower, still running mint. I really question if those batteries will still be working correctly. I get 5 years out of power tool batteries usually at most. Replacing a 60v cannot be cheap

Harbor Freight 20-Ton Log Splitter.

This has great reviews and its a real solid tank of a machine. The splitter-head allows for both forward and reverse operation (so you don't have to bring it all the way back to split the next log = it has a sharp maul on both sides of the splitter head).
It started right up on the first pull and it wasn't even an actual pull effort.

The only thing is its not in the stores so you will have to order it shipped to your house, or to your work, or to your man-camp.

20191014_145430.jpg 10.23.19 - 20191023_142831.jpg 10.23.19 - 20191023_142827.jpg

Last edited:
Following the recent 'storm' we lost power for a few days, providing a perfect opportunity to identify opportunities to be a little more prepared.

Lots of good feedback here and elsewhere on the Jackery, so I went with their Explorer 500 model (that, and the fact it was on sale for $429.99 at the time)

Also picked up the Rockpals 100W Foldable Solar Panels as a 'just in case' option, knowing full well the amount of time it will take to recharge is likely to be significant.

I do have a backup generator and a transfer switch installed, but this wasn't the type of storm I wanted to waste any propane on. We managed just fine using my existing power bank and solar lights, but now this should provide additional options without having to immediately resort to a generator.

Back
Top Bottom