New Acquisitions November 2017

Didn’t see one, so I’ll start it up.
1710689110d886a94fbb3150930a8405.jpg

Steyr S9-A1 new to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks, got to shoot it yesterday. 1 and half inch groups at 100yds with 3 different ammo types, 2 were hunting. I'm thinking that will improve once i start making my own for it. Clearance pricing plus rebate plus 50 Cabelas bucks made it incredibly attractive.

Please post a report on that after you've had some range time.
I've got my eyes on one of those too but have heard so many mixed reports on them.

I've got one, had read the mixed reviews and also shot one. I've been very happy with mine. Seems like perhaps the earlier ones had issues??

This is my wife's Christmas present. It's a CMTTactical ambidextrous lower with a LarRue "ultimate upper parts kit". Just assembled it today.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Just need to pick up an optic now...

I've got one, had read the mixed reviews and also shot one. I've been very happy with mine. Seems like perhaps the earlier ones had issues??

thanks, I agree it seems like the issues were more prevalent with the early models. Seems like a great value for a versatile gun.

Won’t be able to shoot it til Tuesday, but dry firing isn’t bad. There’s a decent amount of pre travel and it’s heavy. I’m sure it’ll improve with use. I can live with a heavier trigger as long as it’s not mushy. This seems to break cleanly.

Gem of a Civil War antique - 1844 M42 U.S. Springfield.

t

Attachments

• IMG_3917.jpg
    IMG_3917.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3913.jpg
    IMG_3913.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3915.jpg
    IMG_3915.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3910.jpg
    IMG_3910.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3911.jpg
    IMG_3911.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3889.jpg
    IMG_3889.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 39
Scored this today off CL...

NBeYq51h.jpg

I'll be cleaning up the table tomorrow, or in the next few days. Bought it to (at least initially) to cut handle material for blades. This is a major upgrade from the old table top bandsaw that I had (died not that long ago). This is a heavy beast though. Took three of us to load it into my truck when I bought it. Not all that easy for me and my neighbor to get it out again.

Scored this today off CL...

NBeYq51h.jpg

I'll be cleaning up the table tomorrow, or in the next few days. Bought it to (at least initially) to cut handle material for blades. This is a major upgrade from the old table top bandsaw that I had (died not that long ago). This is a heavy beast though. Took three of us to load it into my truck when I bought it. Not all that easy for me and my neighbor to get it out again.

I was so excited to buy my Bandsaw a couple of years ago.. I wish some one would teach me how to cut straight with it. Or atleast cut on the lines I'm trying to cut..

I wish some one would teach me how to cut straight with it [a bandsaw]. Or atleast cut on the lines I'm trying to cut..

A bandsaw is not a particularly accurate instrument. If you need to cut and be assured of not going over the lines, cut proud and then use other means to achieve final size, e.g., sanding, filing, planing, or whatever is appropriate for the piece.

Henry all weather 44 magnum with Nikon 3-9x40 scope. The hard chrome finish and wood stock (with industrial polyeurethane) is awesome!

Took it for deer in Maine this week but didn't see any deer...Will be getting a Leupold VX-2 1-4x20 soon as I don't need 9x for hunting in Maine.

HX2j9kW.jpg

Last edited:
Please post a report on that after you've had some range time.
I've got my eyes on one of those too but have heard so many mixed reports on them.

I started by shooting ~50 slugs through it mainly because I was at an indoor range that only allows slugs. It functioned fine through all of those. Just went clay shooting this past weekend with it and it cycled 100% of the time with #8 shot target loads (probably shot around 100 shells or so). It's definitely a fun gun to shoot, and it seems to be reliable so far. Now I just need to get better at hitting the clays...

Back
Top Bottom