New acquisitions: May 2018

Just picked up this beautiful DMW 1918-1920 Double Date Luger. It's all matching, including the magazine, and is pretty accurate. The previous owner added some red wax on the front post to help with his aging eye sight. I can easily remove it, but find it does definitely help with my old eyes as well. So it's a keeper for now. Otherwise it's all original.

IMG_1326.jpg

IMG_1327.jpg

IMG_1328.JPG

I inherited my step grandfather's (?) Marlin model 93 30-30. There are 44 notches on the hand guard, maybe some day I can add a few more :)
I do not know much at all about the gun, but look forward to learning.

Had my non-res LTC interview in Chelsea today.
After a lunch out, picked up a Gen 5 G19. As a lefty, looking forward to the ambi slide stop and mag release. I traded my Gen2 as part of it. Next time I think will be a CZ (or maybe a 1911).

Attachments

• 20180503_172905.jpg
    20180503_172905.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 73
H
Had my non-res LTC interview in Chelsea today.
After a lunch out, picked up a Gen 5 G19. As a lefty, looking forward to the ambi slide stop and mag release. I traded my Gen2 as part of it. Next time I think will be a CZ (or maybe a 1911).
How long a wait to get your interview, I really don’t want to spend the time and money but maybe no better time then now.

Picked up this today

snXOvn0.jpg

H

How long a wait to get your interview, I really don’t want to spend the time and money but maybe no better time then now.
I mailed application on 3/27, on April 2 they emailed to schedule the appointment for May 3. The interview itself was pretty painless, the drive was the most annoying part. Now I'll be waiting 3-4 months (my estimate) for the license to come in the mail.

Just picked up this beautiful DMW 1918-1920 Double Date Luger. It's all matching, including the magazine, and is pretty accurate. The previous owner added some red wax on the front post to help with his aging eye sight. I can easily remove it, but find it does definitely help with my old eyes as well. So it's a keeper for now. Otherwise it's all original.

View attachment 232340

View attachment 232341

View attachment 232342

Why does this have a double date? I'm preparing for the day my body and/or soul is worth selling so I can afford to get into the Luger collecting hobby.

Your photos make that rifle look more appealing than I ever thought it was

Recently, I got a chance to get the RFB to the rifle range. I brought two types of .308 ammo. Brass Aguila (made in Mexico) and steel cased Russian non-corrosive stuff. Started with the brass and it didn't take too long to get the gun on steel at 100 yards. I was using the Holosun holographic sight (new) and it functioned well.

The gun has a great trigger and lower recoil than I expected. All of the 40 rounds on brass cased ammo functioned perfectly. Switched to the steel cased and could not get the gun to reload the next round. Tried about 10 rounds and gave up. I did not try to adjust the gas on the rifle. Ran out of time. From what I read the RFB likes brass ammo.

Picked up a GP100 .357 with a 4" barrel and a Mark IV Target .22

Doing my part to keep gun sales up.

Back
Top Bottom