• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions June

I had not bought any guns this year and then I got 3 in 3 weeks

1960 Interarms Walther PPK/s ppk1.jpg

1942 Soviet TT-33 Russian Tokerev tok.jpg I have 8 other Tokerev's. Finally got the original

Father's Day Gift from Son and Wife
a Micro Desert Eagle micro.jpg
Interesting little gun in .380

Wait WTF? When did that happen? Guess I've been too busy watching the HB.4121 threads to keep up on anything else lately.

My first shot at the car shoot top cover hit scope then my face. Thought it was out of battery(not in heard of in American psl's ATF won't allow the saftey that would let the gun fire) they say the pin hole could be used to put a full auto ak auto sear in. The hole not even near the right spot) . Got in line again loaded one round pulled mag. Boom top cover allmost went in to the crowd behind the line. I told Atillia not to stand to my right .
uhutybuh.jpg

4ada9y4y.jpg

Part of the chamber broke off.

Trying to raise 200$ ASAP to buy a barrel from a different guy .

My first shot at the car shoot top cover hit scope then my face. Thought it was out of battery(not in heard of in American psl's ATF won't allow the saftey that would let the gun fire) they say the pin hole could be used to put a full auto ak auto sear in. The hole not even near the right spot) . Got in line again loaded one round pulled mag. Boom top cover allmost went in to the crowd behind the line. I told Atillia not to stand to my right .

Part of the chamber broke off.

Trying to raise 200$ ASAP to buy a barrel from a different guy .
Sorry to hear this Ben. I didn't know either. That sucks. You spent a lot of time on that thing.

I acquired various pieces of this build in months other than June but I just finished it last night so I guess that counts right? Test fired it this evening and not a hiccup in 100rnds, mostly mini-mag but some Aguilla at the end to see if they'd run. Built it as a Steel Challenge rig that my son and I could use and weight was a big factor as he's just coming up on 9yo. Been a while since I've done any studio work but since the gear was setup I tossed it on the table and snapped a couple beauty shots. Also used the wife's kitchen scale to check the weight; not too shabby [rockon]

Now if they would just start making !@#$@#% .22 ammo again I'll be all set [angry]

PacLite1.jpg

PacLite2.jpg

PacLite3.jpg

I acquired various pieces of this build in months other than June but I just finished it last night so I guess that counts right? Test fired it this evening and not a hiccup in 100rnds, mostly mini-mag but some Aguilla at the end to see if they'd run. Built it as a Steel Challenge rig that my son and I could use and weight was a big factor as he's just coming up on 9yo. Been a while since I've done any studio work but since the gear was setup I tossed it on the table and snapped a couple beauty shots. Also used the wife's kitchen scale to check the weight; not too shabby [rockon]

Now if they would just start making !@#$@#% .22 ammo again I'll be all set [angry]

PacLite1.jpg

PacLite2.jpg

PacLite3.jpg

Not gonna lie, when I saw it the first thing I thought of was this:
CDD5FA57_zps25154c45.jpg

But really I like it a lot and think it looks awesome [thumbsup]

I acquired various pieces of this build in months other than June but I just finished it last night so I guess that counts right? Test fired it this evening and not a hiccup in 100rnds, mostly mini-mag but some Aguilla at the end to see if they'd run. Built it as a Steel Challenge rig that my son and I could use and weight was a big factor as he's just coming up on 9yo. Been a while since I've done any studio work but since the gear was setup I tossed it on the table and snapped a couple beauty shots. Also used the wife's kitchen scale to check the weight; not too shabby [rockon] Now if they would just start making !@#$@#% .22 ammo again I'll be all set [angry]

Nice build. Would you mind to post some spec?

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

Nice build. Would you mind to post some spec?

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

I was going to ask the same. I can see you have a Pac-Lite barrel assembly but the lower/frame looks a little different than a factory MKII/MKIII frame - especially the trigger guard.

I was going to ask the same. I can see you have a Pac-Lite barrel assembly but the lower/frame looks a little different than a factory MKII/MKIII frame - especially the trigger guard.

I was thinking more along the lines of Han Solo's blaster but yea, it's more duck hunt'ish [rofl]

The only Ruger parts on this "MK III" are the bolt and the mainspring housing. I was going to just get the upper and put it on my MK II lower but my wife put me on the spot asking what I wanted for an anniversary gift and I had the mail in my hand. The top item in the mail happened to be a Brownells flyer that showed a build like this except with a booooooring all black paclite. That's when I found out that Volquartsen makes a complete billet aluminum MK III lower pre-filled with their performance parts and the build went off the deep end. Like I said, I wanted the build light, and I was going to upgrade the internals eventually anyway so why not buy once cry once?

Full build:
Volquartsen lower with their race parts
Tactical Solutions billet grips
Tactical Solutions Pac-Lite 6" threaded upper
Tactical Solutions comp and rail
old Optima 2000 (JPoint) dot sight I had in the parts bin
JP JPoint picatinny mount
Ruger bolt assembly (ebay)
Ruger mainspring assembly
Majestic Arms MKIII mags with extended basepads.

Found another 1955 Pontiac Star Chief Custom Catalina to replace the one that was wrecked on 5/23 when I was rear-ended by a Grand Cherokee doing about 30mph. 3,000 miles on a body-on total restoration with original 287/200HP 4bbl power pack Carter carburetor and period dealer installed AC. Repainted in original color combination Fireside Gold and Mist White. Best of all, this one cost $900 less than the first one. The Lord works in mysterious ways; but I wish they didn't hurt so much.

T

Attachments

• photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 91
  • photo 2-1.JPG
    photo 2-1.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Sig P938

I was looking for a small revolver to carry but didn't like the feel so instead I came home with a Sig P938 which is a slightly larger P238 in 9mm. No extended mag but it did include a nice IWB holster. I looked at two and one of them had some sort of goofy partial holster with a lanyard. I don't even know how it works. I took the other holster.

I took it down, cleaned it, oiled it and I'm ready for a trip to the range to acclimate myself. I think I'm going to like this gun. It includes some 1911 design features including the 1911 style trigger. The trigger has a short stop with a tiny bit of sponginess just before firing. Almost nothing but it's there. I tried two and I took the one with less sloppiness. I suggest trying more than one if you buy one of these as the trigger was definitely different between the two I tried. I shot someones compact Sig last week and I think it was a 9mm so it must have been a P938. I liked it. For a short grip and short barrel it was surprisingly accurate with less felt recoil than I expected.

I hope it likes hollow points. The ramp looks sort of narrow which is a bit of a concern. The full size night sights are a big plus. The P238 I saw had rubber grips that sort of bulged at the bottom on the sides which felt great in my hand. The straight wood grips with short mag doesn't feel great but I'm sure I can get something to solve that. An extended mag is number one on the list. I haven't even looked yet. I hope it's available. Grips will be next.

SigP938_3_NoSN_Small_zps06cbcdff.jpg

Truly fine work Bostonbullit! The AlumaGrips guy could mill your sons initials or family crest into a set of stocks...

Picked up a SR22 today at Four Seasons. Probably transfer it to my dad soon as he just got his LTC recently and wanted a good 22 pistol at some point. $318 out the door, can't beat it.

Back
Top Bottom