• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions - June 2023

Moto weekend in northern VT was partially rained out. Friday was amazing and Saturday was time for Noah’s ark. Stopped in a local shop and picked up a 16 gauge Browning A5. Made in Belgium, long tang, round knob, 3 digit serial number. Notes on gun said it was bought by prior owners dad in 1959.

Score!
IMG_1137.jpeg
And had a great 221 miles today in the nooks and crannies of southern NH and the monadnock region.

Moto weekend in northern VT was partially rained out. Friday was amazing and Saturday was time for Noah’s ark. Stopped in a local shop and picked up a 16 gauge Browning A5. Made in Belgium, long tang, round knob, 3 digit serial number. Notes on gun said it was bought by prior owners dad in 1959.

Score!
View attachment 767711
And had a great 221 miles today in the nooks and crannies of southern NH and the monadnock region.
Nice shotgun. I have a few a5s in my safe. What do you mean by "Long tang" never heard that when describing an a5

Nice shotgun. I have a few a5s in my safe. What do you mean by "Long tang" never heard that when describing an a5
See pic below — long tang is on right. Pretty sure Miroku produced A5s went to short tang configuration like the Citori O/U guns. Also note the butt-ugly flat knob on right🤣
IMG_1139.jpeg

See pic below — long tang is on right. Pretty sure Miroku produced A5s went to short tang configuration like the Citori O/U guns. Also note the butt-ugly flat knob on right🤣
View attachment 767852
Not spring loaded A5's I don't think. I have a belgium sweet 16 and jap sweet 16 and they are virtually identical. As is my Jap Light 20 and my dad's Belgium Magnum.

New A5's with the gas action probably have changed as far as stock to wood fit. But the've changed drastically in every other way too.

Not spring loaded A5's I don't think. I have a belgium sweet 16 and jap sweet 16 and they are virtually identical. As is my Jap Light 20 and my dad's Belgium Magnum.

New A5's with the gas action probably have changed as far as stock to wood fit. But the've changed drastically in every other way too.
New a5s aren't gas guns they are inertia. I have 3 old models and one new model.

New a5s aren't gas guns they are inertia. I have 3 old models and one new model.
Ok....all I knew is they are nothing like the old ones in look or function.

All my A5's are round knob and whatever tang that it comes with. Belgian and Jap.

I do like the inertia guns.....My Impala plus's are 100% in function and the action stays super clean after hundreds or rounds.

Ok....all I knew is they are nothing like the old ones in look or function.

All my A5's are round knob and whatever tang that it comes with. Belgian and Jap.

I do like the inertia guns.....My Impala plus's are 100% in function and the action stays super clean after hundreds or rounds.
I too like the inertia guns. My new model a5 has run flawlessly. Had a small issue with it cycling "slow" when I first got it. It was a used purchase from ktp. Problem I discovered was it had too much oil in the action. It would cycle and chamber a round but it was slow......bolt came back and it took like 2 seconds to go back into battery. Took it down and dried it well and it has cycled like lightning since. The recoil is more substantial than gas guns obviously......not a good gun to run 100 rounds of clays thru in one afternoon. But I shoot it well and for hunting purposes it's been stellar.

Picked up my new Liberty Training Rifle to replace the one my 11 year old stole.

Marlin Model 60, 17 +1 magazine with the old 22" barrel. Serial number says it was made in 1990. Needs a sling and a scope (ok, I need the scope) to be ready for the Appleseed in August. Pics coming shortly.

When you say "knob," do you mean the end of the pistol grip?

I think he does, and it's an interesting look at how the same feature can lead to completely opposite reactions. I hate the "knob." I searched around for a model 1897 that did NOT have a rounded pistol grip, and I wouldn't have bought one if it wasn't flat.

Different strokes, different folks.

Back
Top Bottom