New Acquisitions June 2020 - Firearms Only

Thanks much for the information and please post a review after you get to shoot it, since I am thinking of getting one. Happy Shooting, Chris

Nice. I looked into those for a split second. Saw the price and noped tf off.
I've been mulling it over for a while. I started off with a PACT, that thing was just a nightmare to use all the time. The Magnetospeed is a good unit but I don't like the the clamp and different adapters to attach it to the barrel, it's kind of cumbersome and you have to pay close attention to the setup. With the Labradar there is nothing to attach to the gun and your not shooting thru anything. Yea it's pricey but if it works the way I want it to it will be worth it.

Not exactly June acquisition, but recent.
Two twins were born in April 1993. One is blued, the other one is regular. Both are marked "Czechoslovakia", although the country fell apart in the end of 1992.
Serial numbers are almost sequential, differ only by 2. Twins were separated soon after birth, had different lives. Both came from totally different parts of the Country.
What a chance?

Aa.jpg

Picked these up today. Smith and Wesson Model 41, 1960 manufacture date with Accu-riser grip, has a 7" barrel and a 5" heavy barrel. Also a 1952 Smith and Wesson K38. Don't know much about either except they were CHEAP and they both go bang. Target picture is from the M41, 50rds @ 15 yards tonight.
IMG_20200607_153019.jpgIMG_20200607_153239.jpgIMG_20200607_213751.jpg

has it been reliable so far?
I have not had a chance to take it up to the range,and I will be going back to Boston next week,so I won't be trying it out until November when I come back.
From what I can see it is well made nice welds smooth bolt,and the H&K parts that I put on it went on with no problems.I have the 91 they make,and I found
it to be just as good as the H&K 91.This one cost me $1400 out the door make it about $2000 ish with some of the add on's. The H&K 94 is around $4000
or more. it was a no brainer to go for the PTR.

Last edited:
I have not had a chance to take it up to the range,and I will be going back to Boston next week,so I won't be trying it out until November when I come back.
From what I can see it is well made nice welds smooth bolt,and the H&K parts that I put on it went on with no problems.I have the 91 they make,and I found
it to be just as good as the H&K 91.This one cost me $1400 out the door make it about $2000 ish with some of the add on's. The H&K 94 is around $4000
or more. it was a no brainer to go for the PTR.
I had some issues with mine but PTR customer service is top notch. FYI stay away from hk straight mags, will cause feeding issues.

I had some issues with mine but PTR customer service is top notch. FYI stay away from hk straight mags, will cause feeding issues.
Yes I have heard of that problem by many people,and they,are also big money.

Cut and pasted from the NFA picture thread.

I got my first form 1 approved.
I went all in with this first tax stamp and bought a few SBR uppers [laugh]
The lower has a rise armament RA140 3.5# trigger. Sooo nice.

Nordic Components 9.25" 22lr upper sporting Primary Arms red dot.
635BDEF4-7668-45AD-855C-AD38E82EB37F.jpeg

Foxtrot Mike 9mm side charging upper. 7 inch barrel plus 1.5" blast diffuser and PA red dot. Using Stern Defense mag adaptor. Just waiting on the Blitzkrieg hydraulic buffer for softer recoil.
25C566D5-436D-4B00-BF55-AAB734257807.jpeg

And I wasn’t sure how I’d like a 10.5" 5.56 upper so I went cheap and got a Bear Creek Arsenal upper. Threw on some BCM rail covers. PA red dot.
A5347ACE-BCEF-4AEF-8DC5-B1888B38BBEF.jpeg

Group photo
8CD950E8-E531-4DE5-9B7D-BF68DBC09086.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom