New Acquisitions June 2020 - Firearms Only

I was very lucky to have picked up this Light Twelve from a member here - good guy and a great transaction:

A9FB0957-5692-4989-8A32-CD6366FC2018.jpeg397F44C5-A95D-48CE-B917-D3D9A60F4A68.jpeg

There are some small spider cracks in the stock and I’m debating whether or not to strip and refinish it, or just leave her be. For a ‘65 that hasn’t seen much, if any use, it’s in amazing condition.

Attachments

• 22F438DA-58AC-469C-960D-F9CEEE905C8C.jpeg
    22F438DA-58AC-469C-960D-F9CEEE905C8C.jpeg
    229.7 KB · Views: 3
Picked these up today. Smith and Wesson Model 41, 1960 manufacture date with Accu-riser grip, has a 7" barrel and a 5" heavy barrel. Also a 1952 Smith and Wesson K38. Don't know much about either except they were CHEAP and they both go bang. Target picture is from the M41, 50rds @ 15 yards tonight.
View attachment 363333View attachment 363334View attachment 363335
What you have there is a really nice K38 Combat Masterpiece (Pre Model 15), one of the nicest revolvers S&W ever made. Serious collectors would pay a lot for one in that apparent condition.

I was very lucky to have picked up this Light Twelve from a member here - good guy and a great transaction:

View attachment 366657View attachment 366659

There are some small spider cracks in the stock and I’m debating whether or not to strip and refinish it, or just leave her be. For a ‘65 that hasn’t seen much, if any use, it’s in amazing condition.
Very important to have the tissues near the computer :) Just messing with you

What you have there is a really nice K38 Combat Masterpiece (Pre Model 15), one of the nicest revolvers S&W ever made. Serious collectors would pay a lot for one in that apparent condition.
It has some light rust on the barrel sadly, I'd put the condition at 7 but it is very nice. It'll also be up for sale very soon(400-500) as I don't want to invest in .38 cal anything.

September 1918 Winchester M1917. Original blue metal finish, no refurbishment marks, all Winchester small parts save bolt and front sight blade. SN 411K. W17 bayonet. The only major thing I did was remove a clear coat of shiny poly and put a light coat of BLO on it. Wound up somehow with all Winchesters by a twist of fate. Made the mistake of shooting it with the ladder down and not up.
t
2B943B06-EF35-405E-A549-15C4EADFAAAC.jpegF78508DE-AFD6-4DD4-91BE-C3C1861330C9.jpeg
86C3FCBB-2DE9-4FDE-9654-FABBA1442468.jpeg

Last edited:

View attachment 366657View attachment 366659

Nice Ham setup too.

September 1918 Winchester M1917. Original blue metal finish, no refurbishment marks, all Winchester small parts save bolt and front sight blade. SN 411K. W17 bayonet. The only major thing I did was remove a clear coat of shiny poly and put a light coat of BLO on it. Wound up somehow with all Winchesters by a twist of fate. Made the mistake of shooting it with the ladder down and not up.
t
View attachment 366884View attachment 366885
View attachment 366887
Nice collection you have there.

Difference?

t

The M17 is heavier with the longer slide and shoot different in my opinion but I'm more accurate with the M18. Both of them are pretty accurate out of the box. I feel the finish on the slide is not as durable as I would like.

All these riots made me think. I don't have a riot gun. So now I do.

Beretta 1301, Aridus Stock Adapter, Magpul Shotgun Stock, Magpul MS1 QDM Sling, Nordic 1301 Tactical Extension. Still to add, Aridus Side Saddle, Aridus CROM RMR mount and a Holosun HE509T once they ship.

B 1301 half done.jpg

Attachments

• B 1301 half done.jpg
    B 1301 half done.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 2
I figured some on here would poopoo the use of a red dot and ACOG on the same rifle vs a higher power lpvo. Clearly I’m wrong!

im doing the same exact thing. Mounted it on the top of Acog it’s awesome. I had some ppl advise against it but it’s working out for me.

First year 1924 VZ24, German modified, bolt MM. Still marked to the Czech 43rd Infantry regiment. German modifications varied, but this one has a blued bolt, plugged wrist swivel, and numbered small parts. Bore is only fair, but the original barrel...may shoot a little cleaner. Will have to wait until I heal up from surgury TH/25. VZ24 production started in 1924 with the N-block. So at "S", 50,000+ had already been made.

t
IMG_1331.jpegIMG_1332.jpegIMG_1333.jpeg

Last edited:
I only have 29 pieces, but every one original, between 1812 and 1945. I had sold off 3/4 of my collection to cover medical bills, heart attack, etc....and have added a few back recently that I missed.

t

Last edited:

Beretta 1301, Aridus Stock Adapter, Magpul Shotgun Stock, Magpul MS1 QDM Sling, Nordic 1301 Tactical Extension. Still to add, Aridus Side Saddle, Aridus CROM RMR mount and a Holosun HE509T once they ship.

View attachment 366996
Had to look up the beretta 1301. Semi auto shotgun from a tube magazine, pretty cool! Nice furniture you put on it. Seems like you're ready for war!

Had to look up the beretta 1301. Semi auto shotgun from a tube magazine, pretty cool! Nice furniture you put on it. Seems like you're ready for war!
Like a warrior turtle! I have shot maybe half a dozen different shotguns, so not a huge amount of experience, but it is the lightest and most easily maneuverable shotgun I have ever handled, and the shorter Magpul stock is just excellent.

Last edited:
Impulse buy...I'm not proud,
Why not? It's an outstanding gun. It's not an HK91, but it's the exact same platform. Battle proven. 30 cal, and very cheap to manufacture and sell. Many have called it the "ultimate prepper gun". A FAL costs at least 3 times as much. Be proud of it. 💪

View attachment 366996
I have one less decked out than yours, but damn it's a great gun.

Although it was not for me. I paid for a Ruger EC9s today. I was bothered that my dad did not have a pistol to carry anymore and With all that is going on I couldnt sleep thinking about it. I sent my dad to a gun store in Vermont where he lives and told him to pick something out. He chose the Ruger EC9s and I paid for it over the phone. I will sleep better tonight.

Back
Top Bottom