• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions June 2020 - Firearms Only

Gorgeous - I have been contemplating a Commander size 1911 for some time now, but I loved the way my HK 45C functioned, such that it set a high bar for a compact .45ACP. But then again, I'm a Colt geek, so I'll probably end up with one at some point anyway...

image.jpeg

Anderson lowers $39.00 ea. $12 shipping for both, ( no charge at ffl for transfer), Stoner LPKs $29.00ea, free shipping, PSA 16" stainless midlength uppers $179.00 ea.free shipping, A2 stocks complete with tube, buffer, spring, screw and extension, $45.00ea free shipping. BCG $50 free shipping, bought 8 on sale. Charging handle $8.00 used pulls like new.

That's $356.00 each. These are the good old days for ARs.

Last edited:
Gorgeous - I have been contemplating a Commander size 1911 for some time now, but I loved the way my HK 45C functioned, such that it set a high bar for a compact .45ACP. But then again, I'm a Colt geek, so I'll probably end up with one at some point anyway...

I was that guy @citoriguy - all govt only then I tried a Commander size and Bam! All there.

How is that Gold Cup Elite shooting?

I was that guy @citoriguy - all govt only then I tried a Commander size and Bam! All there.

How is that Gold Cup Elite shooting?

Still has the tags on it the same way I bought it from you. I’m trying to find a National Match and Gold Cup Trophy (non-elite), but am in no rush. My goal is fill my Colt “bucket list,” which seems to be getting more challenging by the day.

I put a Commander on the list for ”Summer Santa” since I’ve been redoing our back deck and expanding our patio/fire-pit area. Doing so with 2 broken ribs and a bad back has to be worth something!

Either that or a weekend at Watkins Glen. I couldn’t complain if either came to fruition.

How‘s the recoil? 230gr? Off the shelf or hand loads?

Not technically a firearm, but:

Uberti Cattleman .44 percussion. Yeah, a Peacemaker clone that's a cap n' ball instead of cartridge! Weird. I didn't even know these existed until a few days ago when I saw it for sale.
I thought "Why the hell would anyone make a Colt Single Action Army that takes cap 'n ball rather than modern cartridges?" Reading up on it, it makes sense: Many of our gun-loving friends overseas aren't legally allowed to own any handgun that takes modern ammunition. Some countries however, do not regulate black powder guns nearly as strictly. So this would be a nice option for someone who wants a gun from the Wild West that they can actually shoot. These are probably sold in Europe way more than Stateside. I bought it used in a private sale, shipped to my door for a very nice price. It appears unfired. Action is tight and smooth with honestly the best trigger I've ever felt in a SAA/ Peacemaker. Looking forward to putting a few cylinders through it this weekend. This is my 4th percussion revolver in just over a year. I caught the fever in March of last year when I was gifted a real deal Colt model 1860 by friends of family. I then bought Italian copies of the Colt 1860 and Remington 1858. I love the boom and smoke of real black powder shooting!

001.JPG

Not technically a firearm, but:

Uberti Cattleman .44 percussion. Yeah, a Peacemaker clone that's a cap n' ball instead of cartridge! Weird. I didn't even know these existed until a few days ago when I saw it for sale.
I thought "Why the hell would anyone make a Colt Single Action Army that takes cap 'n ball rather than modern cartridges?" Reading up on it, it makes sense: Many of our gun-loving friends overseas aren't legally allowed to own any handgun that takes modern ammunition. Some countries however, do not regulate black powder guns nearly as strictly. So this would be a nice option for someone who wants a gun from the Wild West that they can actually shoot. These are probably sold in Europe way more than Stateside. I bought it used in a private sale, shipped to my door for a very nice price. It appears unfired. Action is tight and smooth with honestly the best trigger I've ever felt in a SAA/ Peacemaker. Looking forward to putting a few cylinders through it this weekend. This is my 4th percussion revolver in just over a year. I caught the fever in March of last year when I was gifted a real deal Colt model 1860 by friends of family. I then bought Italian copies of the Colt 1860 and Remington 1858. I love the boom and smoke of real black powder shooting!

View attachment 362297

Neat! Out of curiosity, does it have a serial number? Obviously it doesn't have to have one, but I could see the manufacturer choosing to put one on just for warranty/recall purposes.

Nice. What gun is the SRO going on? Buddy of mine put one on his S&W 627 - awesome setup.
I’m going to try it out as a backup sight on the rifle. If I don’t feel like it’s done me any favors then I’ll move it to a pistol eventually. Might pick up a 320 and paint it up like COD with the wild camo colors and run it in Carry Optics.

I’m going to try it out as a backup sight on the rifle. If I don’t feel like it’s done me any favors then I’ll move it to a pistol eventually. Might pick up a 320 and paint it up like COD with the wild camo colors and run it in Carry Optics.

I've never tried my SRO on a rifle, but I can say it's been fantastic on my G19, so much so that I'm thinking about picking up another one for my G40. Both of those are the MOS verstions and I don't have the desire to do any milling on any other pistols, but the SRO would be right up there with any other red dot.

I've never tried my SRO on a rifle, but I can say it's been fantastic on my G19, so much so that I'm thinking about picking up another one for my G40. Both of those are the MOS verstions and I don't have the desire to do any milling on any other pistols, but the SRO would be right up there with any other red dot.
I have a 19 but I haven't yet looked into what a slide would go for. Probably as much as another gun...

I have a 19 but I haven't yet looked into what a slide would go for. Probably as much as another gun...

You'd be surprised what you can find online for a slide that's already milled for an RMR/SRO, or a barebones MOS slide without the spring/rod/etc. It may be less expensive than you thnk.

Back
Top Bottom