New Acquisitions July 2020 - Firearms Only

@Pariah1776 Nice SVT. Remember if you use corrosive in it you need to break down and clean the gas system too. And don't use heavy ball, keep it around the 150gr weight.

first ar15, first build, first sbr. cant wait to shoot it need to find some ammo and mags this week.
-aero m4e1 recievers
-m4e1 lower parts kit
-odin works 10.5 223 wylde barrel
-surefire socom muzzle break
-bcm 9" MCMR hand guard
-atc ar gold trigger
-slr rifleworks TiN bcg
-radian raptor charging handle
-b5 sopmod bravo stock
-troy industries flip up iron sights, tritium front sightar15 build.jpg

Sig ultra compact 1911 in 9mm

74aXNJ3.jpg

I was doing homework on this rifle. Is it as good as the reports? any pros and cons?

So far, I’m really liking the platform. I chose the Ruger over the Mossberg MVP because I wanted more barrel length. Stock out of the box I was averaging 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 inch groups at 100yards using (when it was) cheap 55gr .223REM. I wasn’t a fan of the feel of the factory stock; the angle didn’t feel right for my firing hand. Plus, I can’t stand the “bladed safety” type triggers. I also didn’t like that the magazine release on the factory stock was half shrouded.

Pros for me is that there’s pretty good aftermarket support, specifically companies like Anarchy Outdoors and Boyds Gunstocks. The bolt handle isn’t braised onto the bolt body like a Remington 700, so swapping it out is super easy. Right now, the rifle looks totally different after all I’ve done to it. I’m gonna try sourcing some heavier match .223 and see how she does.

Back
Top Bottom