• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions July 2017

New G19 and RMR.
Jagerworks slide work.
Overwatch Precision TAC flat faced trigger.
Trijicon Suppressor Night Sight Set.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G19 RMR (1).jpg
G19 RMR (3).jpg
G19 RMR (6).jpg
G19 RMR (8).jpg
G19 RMR (9).jpg

Last edited:
New G19 and RMR.
Jagerworks slide work.
Overwatch Precision TAC flat faced trigger.
Trijicon Suppressor Night Sight Set.

attachment.php

Nice looking set-up. But curious though, what advantage does the flat-faced trigger give you? I've seen them but never handled one.

Nice looking set-up. But curious though, what advantage does the flat-faced trigger give you? I've seen them but never handled one.

Factory triggers are rounded (smooth or serrated) in the horizontal plane and curved in the vertical plane. The Overwatch Precision TAC trigger is flat and straight in both the horizontal and vertical planes. Some of the benefits of the flat/straight triggers are that vertical finger placement is more forgiving, increased leverage (makes the pull "feel" lighter) and the flat horizontal surface mitigates trigger finger roll on the trigger press, which should lead to more consistency.

July buys: Winchester 1890 Gallery gun in .22 Short (1907 mfg), Ruger Security Six (357 Magnum) and Lee Enfield SMLE No.1 Mk III*. Have to pull some of the furniture to determine the approx. date, as the right side collar is not too well stamped. Bolt, stock, receiver and barrel all numbers match. Off for research!

/Eddie

July buys: Winchester 1890 Gallery gun in .22 Short (1907 mfg), Ruger Security Six (357 Magnum) and Lee Enfield SMLE No.1 Mk III*. Have to pull some of the furniture to determine the approx. date, as the right side collar is not too well stamped. Bolt, stock, receiver and barrel all numbers match. Off for research!

/Eddie

Love the Winchester. I have it's big brother 1907/1908 22 LR Beautiful gun, work of art. JMB was a genius.

Very nice indeed.

My neighbor recently acquired a No1 Mklll* (1943) sans magazine. He buys plenty of guns, but never does much shooting. I was able to look it over, check chamber etc, and put about 150 rounds through it. What a fun shooter!
Don't overlook reduced cast/coated bullet loads for economical and maximum shooting pleasure.

The Winchester looks similar to my dad's old Remington Model 12C. That is a hoot to shoot, too. Those CCI quiet-22s are great for backyard shooting ($3.27 at Wal-Mart). Don't know if .22 Shorts are that readily available though.

If you're ever down Foxwood's way, bring them and fire them on my private 100-meter range. Reload bench onsite.

gDR00Bml.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice indeed.

My neighbor recently acquired a No1 Mklll* (1943) sans magazine. He buys plenty of guns, but never does much shooting. I was able to look it over, check chamber etc, and put about 150 rounds through it. What a fun shooter!
Don't overlook reduced cast/coated bullet loads for economical and maximum shooting pleasure.

The Winchester looks similar to my dad's old Remington Model 12C. That is a hoot to shoot, too. Those CCI quiet-22s are great for backyard shooting ($3.27 at Wal-Mart). Don't know if .22 Shorts are that readily available though.

If you're ever down Foxwood's way, bring them and fire them on my private 100-meter range. Reload bench onsite.

gDR00Bml.jpg

Thank You!

Don't want to say my wife hoarded 22 Shorts, but she'd always buy them when she found some, and now has a nice supply to use for a while. She has a Marlin 60 and a few 10/22s, and prefers tube feeds. She has taken a liking to the Winchester.

Bought a Lee Classic die for the 303, and one for 308 (for my Browning BLR) so I know where my winter nights will be occupied in the future...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the gallery gun also.
Is the bore still good?

Surprisingly, very good. Boresnaked it a few times, and it has noticable rifling. I cant see any scouring or marring down it. There expected age tarnish and loss of bluing in the exterior areas, but no cracks in the wood, action was still oily to an extent. Both screws still firm in the pump handle.

I love those old Winchester pump 22's. It's amazing, nobody can make a modern reproduction that compares.

1965 Mustang Coupe. First full production year. Fun fact, 1964 1/2's share 1965 VIN numbers. Chased the right one that I can restore while I drive for a long time. Opportunity finally knocked. She needs paint and some minors, but her frame and engine is solid and im looking forward to restoring her to her former glory.

PDwFJmm.jpg

loqNzYi.jpg

1965 Mustang Coupe. First full production year. Fun fact, 1964 1/2's share 1965 VIN numbers. Chased the right one that I can restore while I drive for a long time. Opportunity finally knocked. She needs paint and some minors, but her frame and engine is solid and im looking forward to restoring her to her former glory

Nice! wait, what frame? [rofl]

dfd2f34b72fe651bc2d021f0c1b862bb.jpg

I've been into collecting single stacks lately. I searched for anybody selling the Sig 1911's as a package with sequential serial numbers but it doesn't exist. I like collecting sequential serial numbers when I can, it's just fun, probably means nothing else. I ended up just ordering the .45 and 9mm separately, hey they are only off by 44,715 lol! Nice shooters, oddly the 9mm is the snappier of the two but solid shooters.

EDIT: Maybe only interesting to me I expected the 9mm to be thinner. Its actually the exact same gun with a different amount machined for the 9 vs 45 mag well.

Last edited:
c61ae522afd13b46e1249bbee22698e2.jpg

While picking the 1911's up I impulse bought the VP9SK. Ok sure, it's not a single stack but it's small.

All bought recently but just got the fnx toactical today.

FN FNX TACTICAL with rmr, and tlr2 hl g.
Sig P320 RX on a carry frame with tlr1 hl
Chippa Rhino 60ds with cheap ncstar

Wanted to add a few red dots to the collection
1891b06560766594e182ba9d68a7aa86.jpg
47dc04a88840382cfedc0d3f2cb84a77.jpg
f52f182d71192332990ad3047c8fe92c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Damn

The Mrs. snagged a nice used S&W 10-5 (.38 Spl) on the July 1st weekend...

That reminds me. I would like to pick up a 4" Model 19 or 66 at some point. I used to carry a Model 19 while on Embassy Duty, and I liked it. It would end up a safe queen most likely, but I still want one.

Guns with red dots and lights? Those must be those scary "assault" weapons I keep hearing about. Haha

Back
Top Bottom