New Acquisitions January 2018

IMG_4213.jpg Mid 1899 M98 Krag-Jorgensen to finish my American small bore collection. Only average, but a good bore and an original 1943 web sling that now sits happily on my 3/43 Smith-Corona M03A3. Stock has some character with two graft repairs with little tree nails. Only cartouche left is a faint outline of the inspectors box. The one non original accessory is the muzzle cover.

t

Last edited:
Got a speed six, was looking for a security six but this popped up and "here in front of me" won out.
nice. I love these revolvers. have two myself, this one and a four inch. they're beautiful looking guns and built like a tank. i'm looking around for a blued one now.

nice. I love these revolvers. have two myself, this one and a four inch. they're beautiful looking guns and built like a tank. i'm looking around for a blued one now.

Yeah, figured might as well jump on this now and then if I randomly find a security six in 4" I can always sell the speed six, already got some jealousy from Father In Law and Brother In Law when I sent them pics of what I had just picked up so figure I should be able to stay about even on the transaction. Though since all I wanted out of it was a revolver to practice for my lcr carry, so might be just happy and settled with this lovely lovely gun.

Springfield M1A National Match. Seven point six two millimeter.

bb5UqQW.jpg

Not a January acquisition but finished this .308 WIN recently:

Surgeon 591 action
Bartlein 24", 5-R, 1-11.25 twist, Remington varmint contour barrel
APA Lil Bastard Gen2 muzzle brake
XLR Element folder chassis
Atlas PSR bipod with Larue Tactical QD
Steiner Military 4-16x50 G2B mildot scope
Seekins rings
Timney Calvin Elite trigger

Built by Accurate Ordnance out of GA

ygBp8OV.jpg

16tvzT6.jpg

Last edited:

Surgeon 591 action
Atlas PSR bipold with Larue Tactical QD
Steiner Military 4-16x50 GB2 mildot scope
Seekins rings

ygBp8OV.jpg

16tvzT6.jpg

I know nothing about those build parts or the rifle itself but it looks badass.

Surgeon 591 action
Atlas PSR bipold with Larue Tactical QD
Steiner Military 4-16x50 GB2 mildot scope
Seekins rings

Good God! I'm getting the vapors just reading that. The only thing in my budget are the Butler Creek covers.

My truck was due for an 10K service this weekend, and I asked my friends in the area for recommendations as to which dealership to take it to. The consensus was to take it to OC Welch in Hardeeville SC, which is about 30 miles from here. Funny thing - Palmetto State Armory is in Hardeeville South Carolina too, about 9 miles from the dealership.

And since I was in the area...

Took it to the range yesterday after breaking it down and spraying some CLP on it. Dumped a mag through it to make sure it cycled correctly, then sighted it in. No malfunctions of any sort. Seems to be accurate; I didn't bench it - but was hitting my marks offhand.

I ran some American Eagle 115 FMJ through it first, then some 125 gr lead that I've been loading with Hodgdon's Universal. The only drawback at all is that the bolt doesn't lock open on an empty mag.

About a grand out the door, with a 30 round mag included.

Attachments

• psa-1.jpg
    psa-1.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 111
  • psa-2.jpg
    psa-2.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 108
that stock looks good on that Vector. i love those stocks but i tried it on my cz scorpion and it made me vomit in my mouth. :)
When I first got the Vector I put an ACE Entry stock on it, had to drill and tap for a couple of set screws so it wouldn't spin around. I really like the length of the entry stock but they suck for sling attachment so I put the Magpul on it.

The Lady needed a pump....
The shotty had been described as "no more than 100 rounds down the pipe". She arrived in "as new" condition and turned out to be made in the 90's - way before Remington's quality went down a notch or twentythree.

Attachments

• Rem 870 R.jpg
    Rem 870 R.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 70
Gen 4 glock 26
Listened slide
Titanium nitrated barel
Night sites
Ghost 3.5 trigger spring
Low recoil spring
Oversized mag and slide release
Gen 5 glock 19