New Acquisitions January 2016

M1A Scout bedded into an M14E2 stock, Sparrowhawk dummy selector switch, m2 bipod, completely gone through and tuned. Bucket list gun I finally own.

Last edited:
2016 VW Passat w/technology; only 50 miles on the car. While I am very pleased with it, I would rather have my old 2104 Jetta GLI. I was a victim in a 4 car wreck on December 28, and we struck another car at 70mph. I was knocked out and my son received a small cut on his finger. We're grateful to be alive.

T

Last edited:
Picked up a Russian SKS D letter gun. This brings the current total to 3 and i really am impressed so far. The fit and finish is diffidently better than my norinco and slightly better than the yugo. The trigger is hands down better than both.

my condolences.
Hahahahahahahahahah

The road to 1,000 was quite a boring journey for the Glock 43, Taurus Slim and Walther PPS, which continued to run with five-minute breaks between strings of 100 rounds. All three evaluators rotated and pushed these pistols through several rapid-fire sessions at near-80-degree temperatures. After the 1,000-round mark was met, Eric Poole decided to push all three pistols through one final program he calls the “typewriter test.” This drill draws from different loads and bullet weights staggered in each magazine — usually leftover ammunition from other tests. Though all loads were of Winchester’s manufacture, the audible report heard through ear muffs is akin to a typewriter smacking paper. Springs and small parts must instantly react to the changing pressures resulting from different loads.These last 50 rounds did nothing to affect the performance of these pistols. The Glock 43, Taurus 709 Slim and Walther PPS all successfully pushed to 1,050 rounds fired.

Read more: http://www.gunsandammo.com/handguns/compacts/single-stack-9mm-shootout/#ixzz3x8JvGqJk

Every tool has a purpose. I tried all 3, and found I liked the trigger and ergonomics on the Taurus the best. That and the price was nice.

Last edited:
Finally had time over the holidays to finish a few builds. From left to right:

(1) .300 Blackout build on Anderson lower from group buy, 14.5" barrel with comp pinned so total length is 16.1", Lucid HD7 red dot
(2) PSA AR9 kit build on PSA lower bought from fellow NES'er, YHM 9mm brake
(3) 5.56 build on another Anderson lower again from group buy, Velocity trigger from the group buy, 18" SS Wylde barrel, Primary Arms scope

IMG_0051.jpg

To paraphrase one of my favorite SNL skit's: "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription . . is more builds!"

Bought a beat up Type 53 that I'm gonna save and a Yugo SKS

31ac07885d47163748fe14749b8b5d33.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

2016-01-09%2020.26.56.jpg

New 20" 54R Vepr. Buffed the stock a bit and some really subtle tiger pattern started to come to the surface. Did a bit of tru-oil finish to accentuate it a bit.

1897 M1891 Torre Annuzia Arsenal Carcano long rifle. Been there, done that with eight period pegged stock repairs.

Last edited:
Bought a beat up Type 53 that I'm gonna save and a Yugo SKS

Nice Yugo, looks like it has tech sights on it? Lemme know how you like em as i have been thinking about trying out the tech sights. IDK if its the pic but did the previous owner cut the stock on that T53?

Nice Yugo, looks like it has tech sights on it? Lemme know how you like em as i have been thinking about trying out the tech sights. IDK if its the pic but did the previous owner cut the stock on that T53?
Yep it has tech sights! Came with the originals as well. I won't be able to fire it for a few weeks, but the sight picture feels natural when shouldering it. I'm on the hunt for some inert grenades or a golf ball launcher for the grenade launcher.

He chopped a few inches off and put a pistol grip on it. Honestly, it's pretty ergonomic. I like it.

I got it off a friend. He bought it cheap and tried making it into a compact hunting rifle/something his gf would enjoy shooting. It didn't go as well as he planned so he sold it to me for dirt cheap. I have an ATI Monte Carlo stock on the way

Picked up Mass State Police Remington 870 at Gartman Arms.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453137313.469679.jpg. I re-stained the stock and foregrip grey, but it brought the brown back out when I did it. I kind of like it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453137419.172370.jpg

Picked up on the weekend from my LGS: Dan Wesson .22. Monson build, probably 1978-1979 as it's a low-low s/n. Pretty good condition, clean barrel and cylinders (well, after a few CLP sessions). A few varnish-like droppings on the upper frame (but its not rust or scale) as if someone never stored it but left it out on a work bench and it has some light scaling around the rear sight mount. Otherwise, very good condition grip and scratch-free frame with minimal holster or corner wear.

(click to embiggen)

DSC_7020.jpg

DSC_7038.jpg

Very nice! 952 right? Friend of mine who's a big S&W shooter/collector has 2 952 models. One like yours and one with the long slide. He's let me shoot them and the triggers are unreal! I don't think they were much more than 3lbs. Also fit my hand very well. Congrats.

Back
Top Bottom