• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for September 2008!

Not the gun, I got that in February. Got my Eotech 512-A65 today, with a GG&G Accucam. Can't wait to try it at the range!

eotech.jpg

I haven't posted on these threads in a LONG time, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to snag a NICE S&W 617:

iA4766CBE-8585-46F1-B574-D31D3AFCF0B6.jpg

They make a beautiful pair, don't they?

iA29400E3-9E84-4FA0-8755-3ECF6389AB1F.jpg

S&W 617 & S&W 686

I have wood grips for the 686, and you're right, they DO look nice. But the rubber is more practical for the range. The 617 came with the factory rubber grips. I wonder if there are after market wood grips I can buy.

Not a new gun but much more expensive!!! HAHA Gotta have the new winter toys. This is a 2009 Ski-Doo REV-XP X-package sled with the 800R cc engine. Not only does this sled have 151 hp but it's 100lbs. lighter than anything in its class for the most part. I don't trailer with the small open trailer but it does make it easier on days like today...

Pete

IMG_0512.jpg

Not a new gun but much more expensive!!! HAHA Gotta have the new winter toys. This is a 2009 Ski-Doo REV-XP X-package sled with the 800R cc engine. Not only does this sled have 151 hp but it's 100lbs. lighter than anything in its class for the most part. I don't trailer with the small open trailer but it does make it easier on days like today...

Pete

IMG_0512.jpg

That is BAD ASS!!! I don't suppose you know of a place that rents that model, do you?

That is BAD ASS!!! I don't suppose you know of a place that rents that model, do you?

They are spring order only models so I doubt anyone will be renting them. Plus at over $11,000 I can't see them getting their money back. Typically you will see the Polaris Edge sleds as rentals with the 500cc fan cooled motor. They cost around $3500 new and they aren't as fast so people won't kill themselves as easily.

If anyone was renting them they would prob. use the 600 E-tec motor with 117 hp.

Thanks for the comment it is a sweet machine. I just sold my 07 because I rode one of these last winter and just had to have one!!!

Pete

Sweet machine Pete. Now that you've put that much $$ into a snow toy, doesn't that guarantee it's not gonna snow this year? [wink]

Pete

IMG_0512.jpg

Head up to Twin Mountian's this season and enjoy her! Awesome sled!

Not the gun, I got that in February. Got my Eotech 512-A65 today, with a GG&G Accucam. Can't wait to try it at the range!

eotech.jpg

Mark, got my Eotech 512 w/Accucam from GG&G a few months back. Easy on/Easy off. Great service and great price! Spent about 60 rounds zeroing it. Simple adjustments and you'll be all set! Enjoy!

The price was right too. It cost me less for the "Value pack" of the 512, Accucam and lens protectors than I could find the 512 by itself for from other places.

I took it to Harvard yesterday and zero'd it. I just simply adjusted the Eotech to co-witness with the irons. Unfortunately, in yet another pre-senior moment, I'd forgotten that I hadn't zero'd the new rear sight yet, so spent about 60 rounds also zeroing the Eotech, and then using it to zero the irons. All is good now!

Just picked this up today. MA compliant SIG 556 HOLO. The photos are off SIG's site and are not quite the same, but pretty darn close. Off to the range tomorrow!

556-HOLO-DETAIL2.jpg

556-HOLO-DETAIL1.jpg

Just picked this up today. MA compliant SIG 556 HOLO. The photos are off SIG's site and are not quite the same, but pretty darn close. Off to the range tomorrow!

556-HOLO-DETAIL2.jpg

556-HOLO-DETAIL1.jpg

Sweet! Is the major difference the absence of the flash suppressor?

I saw one that was for sale at First Defense (Uxbridge) that had no FS and an A2 stock. I actually liked the look of the A2 stock more than the collapsible. I can’t wait to see a range report.

Sweet! Is the major difference the absence of the flash suppressor?

I saw one that was for sale at First Defense (Uxbridge) that had no FS and an A2 stock. I actually liked the look of the A2 stock more than the collapsible. I can’t wait to see a range report.

Yeah, flash suppressor and stock. However, this rifle just "feels" really good. I can't wait to shoot it.

S&W 617-4, from Four Seasons, I am glad I asked to look in the "Box"
sw617-4.jpg

Star Megastar .45, included 5 hi-cap mags
Megastar45.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't been able to stop thinking about this VEPR K .223 since I shot it at our eastern block shoot afew weeks ago. Today my buddy told me to "take it home" so i did.

012-3.jpg

013-3.jpg

016-1.jpg

020-1.jpg

019.jpg

dsc01855dv9.jpg

S&W 1911PD. My first 1911!!! Got it from ZHA this morning. It's my birthday present to myself. Previous owner had some custom work done to it. Tough to see in the picture, but the slide is chrome plated with a very cool smoke look to it.

dsc01855dv9.jpg

S&W 1911PD. My first 1911!!! Got it from ZHA this morning. It's my birthday present to myself. Previous owner had some custom work done to it. Tough to see in the picture, but the slide is chrome plated with a very cool smoke look to it.

NICE.

What a great first 1911.
Are you sure it's chrome plated and not polished?
Chrome is a dipping process. Polishing is a rubbing til smooth and buffing process.

How much did you get the PD for? I love railed 1911's.

NICE.

What a great first 1911.
Are you sure it's chrome plated and not polished?
Chrome is a dipping process. Polishing is a rubbing til smooth and buffing process.

How much did you get the PD for? I love railed 1911's.

I'm pretty sure it's chrome plated. There's nothing that makes me suspect it's polished. I would be fine either way. I paid $825 for it and it came with 3 mags. 2 original S&W and a shooting star.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom