• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for November 2016

boilermaker

NES Member
rifle 1.jpg

rifle 2.jpg

Transferred in Ocotber but picked up today after getting the scope mounted. Ruger M77 Left hand rifle in 25-06. Sig Whiskey5 2.4-12x56 scope. First and likely last bolt action for me but this has been an itch that has needed to be scratched for quite some time.

Last edited:
tmp_15458-20161105_175606-958230734.jpg

Rock island 22tcm/9mm 1911, 4.25".

So far it looks great with a tlr 4 on it .

In need of good 9mm 1911 mags

and i wear mechanix gloves to use the pistol cause those grips sure do abrade skin like nothing else i have ever seen.

Last edited:
While picking up my shotgun from the recent group buy I had to grab a 320C

4fe16074405b747600b1eae1c15288ba.jpg

d73e04b2a8814d0089c7e98a12c0fa82.jpg

View attachment 181670

and i wear mechanix gloves to use the pistol cause those grips sure do abrade skin like nothing else i have ever seen.

I had good luck with the Wilson Combat 9mm 1911 mags when I owned a S&W Pro Series 9mm 1911.

View attachment 181670

I'll trade you a pair of the same VZ grips, mine are worn a bit smoother from shooting tens of thousands of rounds. I'd like the new sharp grips

I'll trade you a pair of the same VZ grips, mine are worn a bit smoother from shooting tens of thousands of rounds. I'd like the new sharp grips

eta:
cancel that, mine are shaped on the bottom for my magwell.
You can remove the grips, take some sandpaper, maybe 200 grit, and lightly sand down the grips until the points are not so pointy.

i don't mind shooting with gloves on , and keeping the sharpness on the grips.. that way if i ever use for carry and im not using the gloves, i know that gun will never move in my hands and won't care about how it treats my hands. 1911's are fun guns and addicting still have to do one day a face off between my glock 19 and 21sf vs the 1911 in 9mm and .45 and see the differences.

Last edited:
i don't mind shooting with gloves on , and keeping the sharpness on the grips.. that way if i ever use for carry and im not using the gloves, i know that gun will never move in my hands and won't care about how it treats my hands. 1911's are fun guns and addicting still have to do one day a face off between my glock 19 and 21sf vs the 1911 in 9mm and .45 and see the differences.
Guy on EBAY sells some VZ looking ones but not as sharp, I felt them on a buds 1911 that he bought for a couple of his guns and felt great.
Klonimus is his user name. he also has some inexpensive parts for 1911's

I leaned toward 22lr traditional this month, picked this up yesterday, action is awesome, Henry carbine

image.jpg

My new trap gun I don't know if it will increase my score, but at least I will look good doing my 19 out of 25 score LOL.
I love that 32" barrel and there is no choke the barrel is tapered on they inside it is a true trap gun, its a Remington 1100.

Dean

Nice 1100, Dean, but it's November. Why haven't you blasted the pumpkins off the berm yet? I mean, the railing?

My Granddaughter carved these for me and I just can't get myself to blast them, can you blame me, She still thinks I am the greatest thing around so I don't want to screw that up.

Dean

Its been a busy november for me. Finally found the scope ive been drooling over for 6 months and got the Vortex Golden Eagle HD. Amazing piece of glass. Also started trap recently so i got a Stoeger Condor with both 12 and 20 guage barrels. Also got the Choate sniper stock for my savage 12 (308) and a Witt Machine muzzle break for the mossberg patriot 338 win mag.

IMG_1395.jpg IMG_1397.jpg IMG_1394.jpg IMG_1393.jpg IMG_1396.jpg

Last edited:
Witt Machine muzzle break for the mossberg patriot 338 win mag.

View attachment 181910View attachment 181909

I am curious to hear how your customer service was. I had a horrendous experience with a .223/5.56 brake I purchased for my target crowned AR15 upper. The first one they sent was cut for a 308. It took many months and many e-mails to finally get the correct one delivered.

Just got this today. A British Bulldog .32 with Belgian proofs. When I opened the box my heart sank. It looked horrible. It looked rusty and corroded. I could not even get the cylinder pin out and it was totally seized up. Although I had paid short money I was a bit bummed. I removed the grips and drenched it in Breakfree. After a few minutes I was able to tap out the cylinder pin and remove the cylinder. The cylinder chambers were so gunked up that I could barely see through them and the bore was the same. I left it soaking and went out for a few hours. Upon my return I got to work cleaning it. To my surprise virtually 90% of the crap came off in just a few minutes. Turns out the bore is in excellent shape, no corrosion or pitting and very sharp rifling. Easily an 8 or 9 out of 10. The same with the chambers. I worked at it with brush, q-tips, toothpicks, bronze brushes etc. for a good few hours. Oiled it up and put it back together. Nice tight lock up, perfect functionality and a great bore. Wow! What a pleasant surprise. Now I wish I had taken a before photo.

Here it is next to a British Bulldog in .44 for a size comparison. By the way it is a 6 shot (not a 7).

Here it is in my hand just to show how tiny this little woofer is.

Just got this today. A British Bulldog .32 with Belgian proofs. When I opened the box my heart sank. It looked horrible. It looked rusty and corroded. I could not even get the cylinder pin out and it was totally seized up. Although I had paid short money I was a bit bummed. I removed the grips and drenched it in Breakfree. After a few minutes I was able to tap out the cylinder pin and remove the cylinder. The cylinder chambers were so gunked up that I could barely see through them and the bore was the same. I left it soaking and went out for a few hours. Upon my return I got to work cleaning it. To my surprise virtually 90% of the crap came off in just a few minutes. Turns out the bore is in excellent shape, no corrosion or pitting and very sharp rifling. Easily an 8 or 9 out of 10. The same with the chambers. I worked at it with brush, q-tips, toothpicks, bronze brushes etc. for a good few hours. Oiled it up and put it back together. Nice tight lock up, perfect functionality and a great bore. Wow! What a pleasant surprise. Now I wish I had taken a before photo.

Here it is next to a British Bulldog in .44 for a size comparison. By the way it is a 6 shot (not a 7).

Here it is in my hand just to show how tiny this little woofer is.

Thats cool goose. 32 short? Or some weird obscure cartridge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom