• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for JUNE 2012

Picked up my first mosin today. A m44 at B&K outstanding service. I'll get some pictures up after I clean her up. I think this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship of fireballs and bayonet charges.

Congrats! Can't wait to see pics of her!

Ive wanted a m44 for a while, I've only got a 91/30 atm.

EbaWG.jpg

needed a new summer carry gun and just grabbed this!

I love the LC9. I'm trying to buy one for my summer CCW as well! Good luck with it. [mg]

I love the LC9. I'm trying to buy one for my summer CCW as well! Good luck with it. [mg]

Thanks! I am headed to the range in 20 minutes to do some more shooting with it. It shoots awesome (so far at least!) and I haven't had any issues! awesome little gun!

Picked up another 10/22(AcuSport model) from Dan at The Outdoor Shop in Yarmouth. Tossed a Mueller APV on it:

2012-06-27_19-25-10_677.jpg

Brought it to the range tonight to sight in - top two were at 50 yds, bottom at 100. Nice little setup for the $.

2012-06-27_19-25-44_466.jpg

Ok so here's my shiny new Arsenal SLR-107. Silky Smooth action, soft shooting and, IMO, about as mean looking as a rifle can get! I added a Vortex SPARC red-dot sight mounted on a Texas Weapon Systems Dog Leg mount and I'm seriously considering a Midwest Industries hand-guard. I happily admit that I've been bitten by the AK-Bug. [smile]

View attachment 33867 View attachment 33868View attachment 33869

I met up with another forum member to sell him my XD-40 tonight. After the transaction I popped into MFLR to see what they had and found a S&W 39-2 in excellent condition with the original box and paperwork. My best guess is the gun was made around 1972 or 1973.

I have a weakness for S&W semiautos and have been after one of these for awhile. This gun is getting buried with me.

100_0687.jpg

I met up with another forum member to sell him my XD-40 tonight. After the transaction I popped into MFLR to see what they had and found a S&W 39-2 in excellent condition with the original box and paperwork. My best guess is the gun was made around 1972 or 1973.

I have a weakness for S&W semiautos and have been after one of these for awhile. This gun is getting buried with me.

I've never heard of this gun. It looks very nice for its age and it sounds like you got the gun you've been after. It reminds me of the 5906 but info on the 4 digit S&W's are not my strong suit. I love the older gun boxes and manuals, they have the best vintage look.

Enjoy that fine piece.

I've never heard of this gun. It looks very nice for its age and it sounds like you got the gun you've been after. It reminds me of the 5906 but info on the 4 digit S&W's are not my strong suit. I love the older gun boxes and manuals, they have the best vintage look.

Enjoy that fine piece.

The Model 39 was developed in the mid-50s for the Army pistol trials. The 39-2 was the second variation and was made from sometime in the 60s up to the early 80s IIRC.

The 5906 was a much later generation but it's definitely a descendant.

I've started a small collection of S&W semiautos and this is my best find yet.

You will love that gun. I have an early Model 39 no dash from the late 1950's that looks and shoots like a dream. I think the really dark blueing and walnut grips makes the gun extra cool.

I started to collect S&W semi-autos also, but smartened up after three. It would have been way out of hand numbers wise. I have the 1st gen model 39, a model 439 (a 2nd gen gun that looks exactly like the 39), and a 3rd gen 6906 (I bought it because it was the gun Keyser Soze used in The Usual Suspects).

100_0687.jpg

You will love that gun. I have an early Model 39 no dash from the late 1950's that looks and shoots like a dream. I think the really dark blueing and walnut grips makes the gun extra cool.

I started to collect S&W semi-autos also, but smartened up after three. It would have been way out of hand numbers wise. I have the 1st gen model 39, a model 439 (a 2nd gen gun that looks exactly like the 39), and a 3rd gen 6906 (I bought it because it was the gun Keyser Soze used in The Usual Suspects).

What? A first-gen 39 from the 1950s??

YOU MUST SELL ME THAT GUN.

Shut_up_and_take_my_money_RE_Gues_w.jpg

Yeah you're right! I loved the Browining Hi Power MKIII's in that movie. It was such a mindblowing film and had an awesome arsenal.

this, before and after I added the Gangster modification. The modification picture is first. The modification aids in sighting when holding the gat sideways.
danwesson 002.jpg danwesson 006.jpg

Congrats... Forgive my ignorance but how does one obtain one of these?

in the simplest of terms, you shoot EIC matches, and place in the top 10% of non-distinguished shooters. one of your legs (points) must be a "hard leg (I got 2, one @ the nationals in 2011, and won the overall (gold medal) in a regional match. EIC's are the epitome of high-power rifle shooting. no sighters, no BS. you have to know your zeroes cold, and keep your head in the game 100%. i cut points in 2 matches that was absolutely positive that i'd blown.

if its something you're interested in, shoot me a PM. i'd be happy to tell you all about it (this badge is what got me interested in shooting rifle competitively, and its become a bit of an obsession)

Umm... lets see if my computer illiterate rear can do this correctly...
(Edit... couldn't find a picture without SN)
I think that worked... At any rate, my new to me Sig Mosquito; purchased from an NES member.
DSC00874.jpg
The group buy lower I finally put together this month (I always wanted to be tacti-cool, so I Mag-pull whored it up.) Now another 3 months and I should have the money for an upper.
DSC00873.jpg
The gun isn't new; but, I finally mass-ified my S-12 ... it was sitting in pieces, so I guess this is better. Thanks to the wonderful NESers who helped me find this stock, it works well after a little "customizing."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom