• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for July 2011

I'd been looking for a nice S&W Model 18 revolver. Picked up this one. It's a Model 18-4, 4" made in 1980 that was NIB to the previous owner. He put 100 rounds through it and put it away. It's basically a new gun. It shoots like a dream, great SA trigger. The bore to cylinder alignment is perfect and it's accurate as hell. It won't stay new though. I intend to try to wear it out.

It came with the blue box, all the papers, cleaning tools and original numbered grips. I put the S&W Target Grips on because they feel so good to shoot with. Not a good picture taker but here's a few. Excuse the oily sheen.

a12rtw.jpg

I saw this one today at the range...beautiful character to the wood and great blueing. Enjoy it!

FYI Some of these Mark IV Webleys where issued to the Singaporean Police and fitted with those safeties. It's possible your gun spent some time in Singapore.

Ive read that as well. Century told me they added some, but others already had safety's. There is no record of which was which, or so I'm told. There are no marking's on it to suggest it was accepted by any of the colonial forces, and the one Singapore Police model I've seen with an original safety had it located above the grip, not in front of the hammer, and had something like "SNP" stamped on the top of the backstrap. I'm 98% sure this was added by century, as you can see where the genius with the grinder working on the hammer (cutting a notch for the safety) nicked the inside edges of the hammer recess. The safety is also held in place with a small detent that is put in through the top of the frame on the left, and secured with a tiny (maybe 1mm or less?) hex screw. My camera isn't good enough to capture either with any clarity.

Received my N.E.S. Z.R.T. training supplies (thanks to Flint Armament)

Just got a text from the UPS store, hopefully my Tuffer Buffer and auto bolt release for the 10/22.....

From my HTC EVO via Tapatalk

I got this from the original owner, a gentleman in Ohio, off GunBroker about two weeks ago. It's been a long wait. My local shop got it in last Thursday, I stopped by last Friday and filled out my 4473. After about 10 minutes we get the call back that it's been "delayed" and I need to come back on Wednesday (they can hold up for 3 days not counting holidays and weekends). Last night I stopped by to pick it up and the store owner said he never got a call back on it. He calls the NHSP and they okay it and say they meant to call him today but didn't get to it.

Anyway, here is my Colt Python, made in 1972 (same as me), 357 Magnum, 6 inch barrel, in Colt's Royal Blue finish.

IMG_9017.jpg

I got this from the original owner, a gentleman in Ohio, off GunBroker about two weeks ago. It's been a long wait. My local shop got it in last Thursday, I stopped by last Friday and filled out my 4473. After about 10 minutes we get the call back that it's been "delayed" and I need to come back on Wednesday (they can hold up for 3 days not counting holidays and weekends). Last night I stopped by to pick it up and the store owner said he never got a call back on it. He calls the NHSP and they okay it and say they meant to call him today but didn't get to it.

Anyway, here is my Colt Python, made in 1972 (same as me), 357 Magnum, 6 inch barrel, in Colt's Royal Blue finish.

IMG_9017.jpg

I want...

Oh, darn, now I gotta go hunt for a Python of my birth year. Why do you guys keep putting ideas in my head! [laugh]

It's a beauty! *envy*

2011-07-15_16-47-49_343.jpg

2011-07-15_16-48-26_72.jpg

Not a firearm but im obsessed with Red Dawn and someone gave my a present. This original Bund Gravity knife the tank commander uses in a scene.

aefea0f7-8d70-54bc.jpg

Sadly I have been diagnosed with "needtofillmysafe syndrome". Thanks to Fred I purchased my first glock. This is a 3rd gen G19 with night sights. I bought it today and wasted no time bringing it to the range and posting some pics. What were the chances of my first shot from 20 yards being dead nuts on the bullseye? Talk about the start of a new love affair!

aefea0f7-8d70-54bc.jpg

Sadly I have been diagnosed with "needtofillmysafe syndrome". Thanks to Fred I purchased my first glock. This is a 3rd gen G19 with night sights. I bought it today and wasted no time bringing it to the range and posting some pics. What were the chances of my first shot from 20 yards being dead nuts on the bullseye? Talk about the start of a new love affair!

I've been hoping to track down a 3rd gen G19 too! Nice one.

Ok not a gun but it was time to trade it the 2000 F-150 for a 2011 F-150 Crew Cab. Nothing fancy it's a 4X2 XL but a new truck is nice.

IMG_0575_640x427.JPG

Back
Top Bottom